It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science and technology that changes lives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Now that's my kind of science. I write some pretty harsh indictments
with-in these forums. Often bashing the hell out of science for it's
appalling misgivens. So I searched out some of the good things science
and technology are doing for humanity. I found some pretty bitchin
stuff going on and had to share.

If I could ever be known as something great?
I would prefer it to be a great humanitarian.

Science like this is why I believe god isn't ready to give up on
us just yet. And much more can be found if you look for it. I
simply googled humanitarian science and technologies. And it
was nice to be impressed.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I like the e-nable video best

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I agree, this is the kind of science I really enjoy. Something that actually benefits people and proven to work. Things they can actually test and improve on. Nice post.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
there is no doubt science has been a force for good. sadly, a source for bad also. the question is, does the former outweigh the latter?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
I agree, this is the kind of science I really enjoy. Something that actually benefits people and proven to work. Things they can actually test and improve on. Nice post.
You do know that this "science that actually benefits people and proven to work" began as "an untested hypothesis with little prospect for actual future application", right?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
You do know that this "science that actually benefits people and proven to work" began as "an untested hypothesis with little prospect for actual future application", right?

Ok, and the your point is?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

My point is that many of the wondrous applications of technology we have today is based on hypothesis from the past that people would have said "This will never be useful in REAL life, why are we studying it?" to.

It seemed to me were implying that only "useful" science is good science, when the reality is that "useful" science often time comes from science that in the past was considered a pipe-dream not worth studying by the layman.

If that was not your intent, I apologize.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
there is no doubt science has been a force for good. sadly, a source for bad also. the question is, does the former outweigh the latter?

My best call is toss up, with the the potential to wipe us all out.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I personally think all science is good, it's just that some people use it maliciously.
Everything we are surrounded with and everything we use was created by science: our insulated houses, hot water from a tap, fridges, internet, pens, paper etc etc. Even the creation of fire by our ancestors was scientific progress.
The problem is not the science: the problem is us and how we use what we discover and create.

S&F OP!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I can think of a couple of countries that could do with a few of these machines,
running 24 hours a day for a bit.
Brilliant use of science and technology.

top topics

join