It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican lawmaker files motion to unseat John Boehner - Unprecedented in History of House

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Career politicians are ok.... So you like Boehner, McConnell..Reid.. Pelosi.

You think they have done a good job?

Kali ; to me a conservative is someone that is fiscally responsible... Not a single career politician in Congress can lay claim to that label.

We have been hemoraging blue collar middle class jobs since nafta, tpp will probably be the nail in the coffin.

Also personally I find it abhorrent that we are getting into bed with at least 1 country activly involved in human trafficking with the tpp.

Sorry starting to ramble I'll stop now.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Maybe obstruction is more the word I'm looking for.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Kali74
What makes Boehner not a Conservative?

He is all about big fat authoritarian government.

With the mega corps at the helm....I thought that's what the GOP wanted.

That may be what the GOP wants but itsnot what conservatives want

*DING*DING*DING*

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: introvert
Over the last few weeks we have seen the GOP slowly imploding. There is too much infighting between the several factions and this debacle will become the poster child of what not to do when you have majorities in congress.

Past few weeks?

Theyve BEEN imploding bud, the true conservative base is tired of the Republicans who are suppose to be conservatives, not representing our interests......

GOP is almost chock a block full of progressives as the Democratic party

I for one would be happy to see it go

Contrary to popular opinion, the GOP isn't historically a one sided party. The notion that the republican party only caters to the conservative rode in the 90's and this process is why they can't win national elections. Historically The republican party had liberals and progressives along with conservative members, but I remember purges, and talk of Rhinos the last few years, just like historically the democrats had many conservatives. Catering to one narrow political mind set is why the republican party has the lowest approval rating, even Obama has a higher approval rating.

Every time they lose they shift further to the right, how is this working for you?

Reminds me of the warning from Berry Goldwater.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

If you're referring to us, we try to traffick only the minorities
(yeah, I know it's not funny, but poor people can't afford to have morals.)
edit on 29-7-2015 by ffx6554 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Career politicians are ok.... So you like Boehner, McConnell..Reid.. Pelosi.

You think they have done a good job?

They're much more vested in keeping their voting base happy. Reid has done fantastic things for his state, he's just not a very good leader.

Kali ; to me a conservative is someone that is fiscally responsible... Not a single career politician in Congress can lay claim to that label.

The current conservative plan is a no tax pledge. That's not being fiscally responsible.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Any Rep that voted to remove bankruptcy protection from student loan borrowers should be booted out of office.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
www.foxnews.com...

I know it's FOX NEWS, but this is big news folks.

A REPUBLICAN has filed a motion to have a Speaker from his own party dismissed from his post.

Not likely it will be considered for a vote, as Boehner has to be the one to call votes to the floor and not likely he has the guts.

Trump pissing off the Republican Party is another great sign that GOOD CHANGE IS COMING, NOT OBAMAS CHANGE.

YEE HA!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Throw that liberal republican goblin McConnell out on his bought and paid for, lap dog behind while you're at it. These old career hacks in empty suits are useless, absolutely useless. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I disagree that the republicans are actually conservative for that reason (the no tax pledge), as far as reid and company (career politicians) I don't want people interested in keeping their jobs, I want people that are interested in doing the best for the country as a whole... not just the people in their district.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join