It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a dream the other night that came true

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members

So two nights ago I had a really strange dream about two cats.

The one cat in the dream I recognized as the one we have here but the other was a total mystery until last night.

Last night I got home from work, some friends came over and we decided to go outside on the back porch.

We are hanging out when all of a sudden this cat appears out of nowhere, and it's the cat I saw in my dream! The exact colouring and all!

He seemed to be drawn to me because he came directly to me and wouldn't leave for the longest time.

I checked for tags and he has none, I don't know yet if he's a stray cat but if it was meant to be then he will come back and I might just make him my own.

Just thought I'd share my little story because I feel it's so awesome that the cat went from my dream to finding me in real life.

Hope you all have a great day

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Have you had any experiences of doing this before? Can you recall more of your dream or was it just about the two cats?

If he does come back and you take him in please take caution that he could be carrying something and give it to your cat. One of my friends allowed her cat around another neighborhood cat and unfortunately it contrated Feline Immunodeficiency Virus and later died.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The most common psychic dreams are about nothing. They will come to pass, but it is of no consequence, like seeing the 2 cats. It also means you have a talent though. You should keep a notebook and pen or laptop or something near your bed. You should write down your dreams first thing in the morning or if you wake in the night.

Eventually you will start to dream about important things that come true.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What happened to you is normal, you might of seen the cat earlier but not remembered it, you have the dream and when you seen the cat again you put it together. Nothing strange just interesting how the mind works.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Hello,

I have indeed had many experiences before where dreams have come to fruition.

Essentially in the dream about the cats, they were both playing in my room and that was pretty much it, it was a very short dream (felt that way when I woke up)

Thank you for the heads up about taking him in, if I do decide to I will for sure take him to the vet first to make sure there are no issues bringing him home.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Honestly I used to dream about a lot of important things, and very terrible tragedies as well.

A few years ago I decided to distance myself from the dreams and such because they had become concerning, one such dream I saw my own funeral.

As of late, the last two months, I've been getting a lot of messages from spirits and I have been feeling that now is the time for me to get back into my spiritual workings.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

That is in fact quite possible if I had seen the cat prior to the dream which I know I had not
(I'm a very observant person, worked in surveillance for a number of years) and you are correct that our minds do re-hash things we've seen into our dreams.

Given my previous experiences however I am more inclined to believe this is more along the lines of a "psychic" phenomenon, as unbelievable as it is for most people.

Thank you for your input

edit on 26-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: imod02

That is in fact quite possible if I had seen the cat prior to the dream which I know I had not
(I'm a very observant person, worked in surveillance for a number of years) and you are correct that our minds do re-hash things we've seen into our dreams.

Given my previous experiences however I am more inclined to believe this is more along the lines of a "psychic" phenomenon, as unbelievable as it is for most people.

Thank you for your input

I belive in the "psychic" phenomenon, but i always try to find other reasons. Keep us up to date on how things go

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Cool story.

I periodically have dreams (premonitions) that end up coming true; although most are insignificant, they are still cool as hell. I've at least one extremely tragic one come true, which was horrible.

But like theliewelive said, if that cat returns and you decide to take it in, take it to the vet and get it checked for FIV before you let it interact with your cat. I took in a cat that had it once, and ended up transmitting to my furball I had had for years.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I've had similar experiences too and lots of them over the years. None of them provable so they're all subjective. Even if we were to write a dream journal, someone neutral would have to have access to it and follow us around 24/7 to authenticate the claim - improbable.

It's something that currently struggles to be accepted with most people (correctly) refusing to believe it ever occurs at all.

I have wondered if it's evidence of abnormal brain patterns or unknown brain lesions. The dream itself becomes a memory that we reference later on. Perhaps the dream is a false memory and a faulty processor projects meaning on the experience?

Then again there are studies in consciousness that have been emphatically refuted. Some of them seem to indicate a small signal in the noise that our consciousnesses are somehow linked to others and exceed the accepted boundaries of time and space. It's called pseudo-science and I'm not qualified to challenge the consensus. Nevertheless, subjectively my experiences invite a notion that this area of study could have merit.

If (big IF) that's the case, what's now a pseudo-science will one day be something we can score and experiment with.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Some of them seem to indicate a small signal in the noise that our consciousnesses are somehow linked to others and exceed the accepted boundaries of time and space. It's called pseudo-science and I'm not qualified to challenge the consensus. Nevertheless, subjectively my experiences invite a notion that this area of study could have merit.

I firmly believe this is the case most of the time with me, because that's the only thing that makes sense (in most of my cases), for instance seeing things in a dream that someone who is awake is experiencing at the same time (that I had no knowledge of until after).

Otherwise, I believe it's an unconscious psychic connection because, after all, we are *all* linked, albeit some of us have stronger psychic links (family, best friends, significant others, etc).
edit on 26-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I had a dream about carrying a cat with me on an adventure through a typhoon. I had no idea who the cat was. Then a week later I was invited to take a kitten from a friend and bring it home to raise and guess who it was! I wasn't going to take him home until I recognized him from the dream. Maybe cats are psychic and can invade dreams.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I had a dream a few months back that helped me out of a spot of bother

It felt like I was having deja vi at the time and I remembered the dream so I got out of the place I was and the dream played out almost exactly in real life

I was pretty spooked to say the least

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I agree with you. It's all subjective and I wouldn't want to debate someone on the subject as there isn't enough convincing evidence. I still hold the suspicion that, like you say, there's a dimension of connections we aren't aware of yet.

An example: In the past year I had a vivid dream about a black fox. It woke me up and struck me enough to be googling it in the early hours. Turned out black foxes exist which I didn't know previously. Later that day, I opened a book at work (La Fontaine - Fables) and there was an illustration of a black fox on the first page I looked at. Incidentally, I'd never opened the book before and it had been shelf-bound for years.

Now it's obviously something that has no objective value to anyone and who needs yet another anecdote? Despite my objective side shaking its head and tutting, the subjective side saw meaning in the experience. If it had any meaning at all, it suggested that some aspect of my sleeping consciousness knew what would happen hours later.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sounds like you're a Wog.

Like from game of thrones.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Hey everyone thanks for all your awesome posts!

It's refreshing to read what people have to say about their experiences, makes me feel like I'm not the only one.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Very interesting theory about cats being psychic, it's one I've also pondered.

That's good to hear you were able to put your intuition to good use

I'm really hoping that some of the other dreams of the future I've had also come true..although they differ from good to bad, the good ones would be fantastic if they do happen.

edit on 27-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I had my first prophetic dream whe I was in my early 20s. Freaked me out so bad considering what it was about I ended up in the psych ward by choice.

I have had dreams come true ever since. Some creep me out and others are insights to my current life situation. I get a weird instinct in my dream when it's one of significance. I get very vivid and lucid dreams as well.

Maybe it's your familiar
forum animal. Meant for you!

top topics

join