It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since gay marriage, i dont see seperation of church and state

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jordan River
Since the supreme court decsion. I honestly do not see seperation of church and state. This is...or was one of the special distinction with our government.

Because marriage in the church and marriage via the state are two completely different entities, but not many people know or realize this.

What the Supreme court ruled on was the corporation most call marriage, through the state. Yes when people sign those papers down at the country building they actually form a full corporation. This is why when people get divorce one party must sue the other one to dissolve the corporation.

Marriage in church is between god and the people getting married.. (Supreme court ruling has zero impact here)

Marriage in the state is a full blown legal corporation.

So there is actually separation of church, and state the problem comes when the church makes people get a state license to marry, this is where the separation breaks down and violates the basic laws of most churches.

But since churches get tax exemption from a state they have become whores for the state.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jordan River
Since the supreme court decsion. I honestly do not see seperation of church and state. This is...or was one of the special distinction with our government.

That being said lgbt group are now a special class of citizens. How are we sappose to distinctly tell if someone is or isnt gay.

If the church shuns these people its a hate crime.

Im pretty liberal, and i find this new direction destructive, not because people are gay, but because government, citizens and america are still racist/bigot

Lets keep pissing off the ignorant people out there.

and teaching "creationism" in public schools didn't get your attention first?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

I am not a homosexual so I don't claim to know for sure if someone is born that way or becomes that way but I will say that i think that some do become or choose it. I have a couple of friends that are gay (a boy I grew up with and a girl I grew up with). The boy (now man), John, I think identified as gay at an early age. I cannot speak for him but when he "came out" to me, I told him I already knew. I just did.
Now the girl, she was absolutely boy crazy when we were young and all through High School. She always had a boyfriend. After we graduated she left and went to California to school and stayed there for several years after. She had a couple boyfriends while there. Then one day she shares pictures of her and her girlfriend. They moved back to the east coast (NC) and had a baby and live as a gay couple.
I don't know what changed for her. Maybe some guy hurt her so bad she swore them off. I really don't know.
Now as far as where the discussion has led on this thread (about God on money on buildings, etc.)....Sometimes I feel like people just want to bicker over everything, get offended over everything. If it isn't this, it'll be something else. I just think there are bigger fish to fry.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: amberinsc
Now the girl, she was absolutely boy crazy when we were young and all through High School. She always had a boyfriend. After we graduated she left and went to California to school and stayed there for several years after. She had a couple boyfriends while there. Then one day she shares pictures of her and her girlfriend. They moved back to the east coast (NC) and had a baby and live as a gay couple.

Maybe she's bisexual and the person she fell in love with and decided to marry just happened to be a girl...

And if it is a choice, does that matter?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join