It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate Flag Sales Up 1,400% to 2,000%

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
A church got shot up by some dude who was posing with confederate flags because he was a racist, we take down the confederate flag from state buildings then people in thier ignorance go buy confederate flags to show where they stand on the issue of racism, slavery, and equality. Most of the people just want to rebel, even if its for ignorant reasons like racism. Its a shame really I hope it is one day considered a terrorist emblem because thats exactly what it is becoming after that church shooting. Just wait there will be more hate crimes of ignorant mass killings and then the government will be forced to crack down on those who we would all consider to be racist terrorists.
edit on 15-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

The thing is, racists have every right to their opinions and viewpoints. They also have every right to express these viewpoints.

When Voltaire didn't say, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”, this kind of thing is what that is about (Voltaire never really said that...despite it being attributed to him).

Point being: if you like your freedom, then you should hold your nose and revel in this as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The thing is, racists have every right to their opinions and viewpoints. They also have every right to express these viewpoints.

When Voltaire didn't say, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”, this kind of thing is what that is about (Voltaire never really said that...despite it being attributed to him).

Point being: if you like your freedom, then you should hold your nose and revel in this as well.

No racists dont have the right to incite violence through threts of segregation, genocide, inhumanity, and slavery, based on the race or gender of a person.

Not in America thank god. . .

People can believe the lie that they are somehow superior to another of thier fellow human beings, however once it begins to seed violence and death it becomes hate crime, and terrorism. The confederate flag has always been about those who wanted to dehumanize thier fellow human beings and treat them as less than human likened to the treatment of animals. We as a people reject that, however some have come to embrace such a doctrine and have gathered arms to promote violence and murder based on race. This may very well be the next greatest thret to our United States if it snowballs into another civil war over racism and slavery.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

Very few people actually fought behind the Confederate Flag since it was only a battle flag. But in any case, I called this. Also, this is proof that no ban is forth coming on the Confederate Flag.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Where are people buying confederate flags online? Last I checked Ebay didn't have any listings.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BattleStarGal

oklahomacity.craigslist.org...

I found this one pretty quickly.

Someone is still selling them, since they are popping up all over the place here.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

No racists dont have the right to incite violence through threts of segregation, genocide, inhumanity, and slavery, based on the race or gender of a person.

Is it common for you to move the goalposts? You used a whole slew of words that have nothing to do with the first amendment.

People can believe the lie that they are somehow superior to another of thier fellow human beings, however once it begins to seed violence and death it becomes hate crime, and terrorism. The confederate flag has always been about those who wanted to dehumanize thier fellow human beings and treat them as less than human likened to the treatment of animals. We as a people reject that, however some have come to embrace such a doctrine and have gathered arms to promote violence and murder based on race. This may very well be the next greatest thret to our United States if it snowballs into another civil war over racism and slavery.

I have no idea what the confederate flag has been about. Other than to me personally. To me personally it was a banner waved by a bunch of loud rednecks that liked to raise hell. Thus, it symbolized rebeliousness. To you, it may have a different meaning. Since meaning is an "eye of the beholder" type dealio....

If our nation spirals into another civil war over a flag, then I am in a nation of idiots. And it might be better to thin the idiot herd. Because honestly, the notion is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Is it common for you to move the goalposts? You used a whole slew of words that have nothing to do with the first amendment.

I have no idea what the confederate flag has been about. Other than to me personally. To me personally it was a banner waved by a bunch of loud rednecks that liked to raise hell. Thus, it symbolized rebeliousness. To you, it may have a different meaning. Since meaning is an "eye of the beholder" type dealio....

If our nation spirals into another civil war over a flag, then I am in a nation of idiots. And it might be better to thin the idiot herd. Because honestly, the notion is ridiculous.

Well I try not to expect too much in the form of progress that way I am not dissapointed when everything goes to hell. Look around at all the people that support racism and segregation based on race, I wouldnt be suprised if people tried to bring back slavery. People are embracing barbarism as freedom, and tossing aside thier morality, we all know the difference between right and wrong, however sometimes we make the wrong choices.

If I put on KKK sheets and walk through a college campus I would expect to offend people reguardless of what i felt the KKK stood for for me personally. In the same way the confederate flag has always stood for pro segregation, slavery, and dehumanization of our fellow people. Its bound to offend someone, but then those who are brandishing it dont really care who they offend. Which is the problem, trying to rewrite history from when the dixiecrats made the current confederate flag famous again in 1948. In fact it was never ever the flag of the confederate army. In fact it was rejected as the confederate army symbol.

The dixiecrats made the navy jack or rectangular confederate flag popular when they protested promoting segregation and rioted because there were new laws forbiding lynching of African Americans. Only after they waved the rectangular confederate flag did it become the symbol of the confederacy, only for the purpose of racism and dehumanization.

Thats where and how the current confederate flag got its popularity, now its becoming more popular because some racist shot up a African American church and killed a US senator calling for a race war, and was seen posing like some fashion model with his weapon and a confederate flag just like the dixiecrats versions. What do my fellow Americans do? They go buy confederate flags just like the naval jack and promote more racism then claim its just history.

Like I said I dont expect much good to come from the brandishing of racist symbols that promote dehumanization and slavery, so I wont be dissapointed when nothing good comes of this down the road.

If you fly a confederate flag be ready for the blowback because your inciting people on purpose.
edit on 15-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I keep looking around trying to find all the racists I keep hearing about....and I keep being underwhelmed when I see that all skin colors have their own racist SOB's. And those racist SOB's happen to be the loud wheels, not the majority.

As a 42 year old man, I can't say that the DIxiecrats have been relevant in politics in my life time....until this. This, an instance where some asshole went and shot up a church. It should be about what causes people to snap and do these kinds of things. What twisted his mind. But the human simpletons of this nation instead choose to focus on a flag. The most meaningless part of this entire affair.

I guess i should at least be happy that this time it wasn't the second amendment that came under fire. but it is damned dismaying to see the first amendment under fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join