It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops beat and cuff autistic teen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
a reply to: SlapMonkey

there are other things like a slight rocking/swaying of the body. sensitivity and some confusion to loud noises. (like being yelled at by two cops). repetitive motions etc..... yes there are levels. this kid sounds like he is a very high functioning level. yet there would still be some outward clues that he was "different".

and it still does NOT excuse them harassing him for just standing outside his own home!

Yeah, I never excused them at all--I agree.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

One arresting officer claimed he had “feared for his life” upon talking to Canales, according to the complaint.

Really? Feared for his life? Just wow!

I'm one of the folks on this site that defends the police 99% of the time, but FFS, Feared for his life? I really want to show this prick what fearing for his life is! Unacceptable!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

One arresting officer claimed he had “feared for his life” upon talking to Canales, according to the complaint.

Really? Feared for his life? Just wow!

I'm one of the folks on this site that defends the police 99% of the time, but FFS, Feared for his life? I really want to show this prick what fearing for his life is! Unacceptable!!!

Maybe he had his hands in his pockets and could have been holding a gun?

officer's perspective

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
as the father of an autistic 25 year old son, if this happened to him, three things would have happened. there would be two cops in the hospital. i would own that police department after i sued their pants off. or both one and two. and this kid did NOTHING! he was standing by his family's own car in front of their own house!

normally i try to be supportive of police to a point. they do have a very hard job to do. but i am no where near an apologist for them either. their behavior is getting worse. serious retraining is in order. they also need to be held to the same laws as every one else for things such as assault etc......

www.dnainfo.com...

First, there should have been rioting in the street over this kid. He did not deserve that and if anyone should be rioted over it was him. No media spin can possibly paint this kid as a "thug." That's why this story was skipped over. Because anyone with a heart knows the way they treated this kid should be automatic 10-fold retribution back on those officers.

Second, you are an apologist sir. Anyone who utters the words - "they do have a very hard job to do" is an apologist.
1. They chose the job
2. Most crimes have been dropping year after year in most jurisdictions

This means their jobs should be getting easier. If anyone wants to dispute me, please provide the supporting statistics that suggests that since 1992/1993 that a police officer's job has gotten increasingly more difficult. Why did I choose 1992/1993? Because that is the peak in violent crime in America.

In fact, the 1992 reported violent crime was 757 per 100,000. In 2013 it was 367 per 100,000. I'd say that's a pretty significant drop in violent crime.

Here is a link to a PDF with the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) with data and graphs ranging from 1990 to 2010. You will find that nearly ALL categories of crime arrests have DROPPED. Guess which ones haven't?
1. Simple assaults are flat (roughly)
2. Drug possession is UP UP!

But strangely drug sale and manufacturing is dropping! ...so much for stopping drugs at their source.

And I really don't say this to be mean, but seriously stop apologizing for them. It's one of the many big lies that Americans keep repeating. "Freedom" is another pet peeve of mine.

Great article, S&F.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

He probably fears for his life stepping out the door in the morning..gee I wonder why.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
sometimes they do get shot wasnt that kid in Baltimore also diagnosed as autistic
edit on 9-7-2015 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join