It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grazy Ancestory..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A few months ago, Hubby started to investigate his ancestry line and invited me to do the same for my lineage from my mother's side as my father's side is already researched quite well .. little i knew what comes out. So i mentioned it to my father and turned out that he had already searched quite a lot of it and sent me a lot of info. My father always teased my mother of her noble swedish roots and i always thought it to be a family joke.. which seems it wasn´t.
So my first crazy WHAT? Outbursts happened when i studied my ancestor line ( Bielke to Bese to Gädda to Königsmark to Bonde to Hammerstad and Folkungaättens) and i realized that i am direct descendant of Birger Jarl Magnusson (Folkunga) Swedish ruler ( 23 generations ) who forcefully took over Finland and brought Christianity here... and that was "Heavy" to me ( never liked the guy sort of speaking )
So I went on the direct lineages of Birger Jarl and thought there won´t be many surprises.. i was wrong. Birger´s Viking roots went to Ulf Jarl ( which continues in Sagas to take with a grain of salt ) to Ragnar Lothbrok, another line went to First King of Norway Harald I Halvdansson «Fairhair» Hårfagre, one of his ancestors were King of Mann and the Isles Ketill "Flatnefur" ( flatnose) Bjarnarson. I was losing my identity as a Finn and surprise ( with grain of salt ) Birger´s Viking roots lead me back to Finland and King of Kvenland Fornjot "The Ancient Giant"... i felt pleased ( kinda )
And i thought.. that was crazy.. it wasn´t over
Birger´s great great grandmother was Queen of Sweden Richsa (Richeza) of Polen, House of Piast and her grandfather was Count Bavarian Nordgau Diepold II von Vohburg, House of Rapotonen, this line lead to Prussia, Italia and France and Carolingian kings and then it leads to Merovingian king "Clotaire The Old" Chlothar Soissons (Merovingian) ( direct lineage to me 49 generations ).. now its absolutely Crazy.. work still continues and i am not through with it all.

I find it crazy.. my lineage is everything people hate here and have conspiracy theories about, i am baffled as i don´t know what to think about these people who are haunting in my lineage. Illuminati etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Tell us all your illuminati secrets!

Just kidding. It's very interesting looking into your own lineage.

I'm adopted and about 8 years ago got into contact with my biological mother. They have an extremely detailed, person to person direct lineage account all the way back to the year 130 AC! Apparently we are directly related to Irish/Scottish royalty (O'Connor).

Pretty neat stuff! Apparently we still have family-owned castles there. So my wife and I would love to go to Scotland and see a bit more history in detail.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

It's interesting and spooky LOL. 3 of my ancestors went to isle of Mann, and are buried there.. i am still going through ancestry line and i´ll let you know if i find O´Connors somewhere

I don´t know any Illuminati secrets.. if there is any

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Alrighty. Might have to start calling you cousin

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Found out I am directly descended from the Habsburg line. So yeah, feel your pain on that.

Lucky for us, people don't hold our lineage against us.

edit on 4-7-2015 by Doodle19815 because: Spell check got the best of me..... Again.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

Lucky we are. Just thinking all the wars they had and how many people have died because of them... but those issues are history.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
*The peasant quietly slips out of the thread before being noticed.*

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

hahaha. But who will clean our castles!?!?!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My mother's side lead me to some fun stuff too. Our American history began with John Key, who came to settle Penn's Colony with William Penn. He was father of John Key Jr, the 1st "white child" born in Penn's Colony. John Sr. was a Quaker and came from England to avoid the Church's rule. His great great Grandfather was one Thomas Key who hastly married Lady Mary Grey in an attempt to avoid Elizabeth's wrath. Mary sister to Lady Jane the 9day queen was the "smallest in the court" apparently looked quite funny next to Thomas who was the largest man in the court. Thomas was a giant many and basically the sheriff of the palace, after 5 years in Fleet prision was a broken man. Elizabeth was quoted as saying "There will be no bastard Key's on my Throne!" After his death Mary was allowed to live out her life raising Thomas' boys, and is buried with her mother at Westminster Abbey. I went on to discover Thomas through the Woodville line lead to King Rollo, who has a statue in Fargo North Dakota of all places. Being grandaughter to Henry the 8th and Thomas not being of common blood after all. I can see how Elizabeth saw them as a threat.

Great fun to find your own bit of history! Thanks for the reminder OP!

edit on 4-7-2015 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
Found out I am directly descended from the Habsburg line. So yeah, feel your pain on that.

Lucky for us, people don't hold our lineage against us.

Yeah no sh!t, right!?!?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I love hearing these interesting stories. On my Father's side, we are direct descendants of King Charlemagne. Funny how some of us come from Royalty and don't even have so much as a damned candle stick from a castle to show for it. LOL

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Gee, I can't find anything past my great grandfather on my fathers side but I can find more history on my mothers side.

No royal blood that I know of in my family line. Mostly farmers, sailors, soldiers, and miners.

Although, I have no clue what my father's side ancestors did.
edit on 4-7-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Lol nailed it, we are not worthy!

Honestly though, fascinating op

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

So we are related !! Pepin of Italy is son of Charlemagne and direct lineage to me 39 generations.. so congrats for your crazy ancestory too
. Carolingian are descendants of Charles so you might have that Merovingian blood in you too. Charibert of Laon is maternal grandfather of Charlemagne and his mother was Countess Bertrade de Prüm de Laon a daughter of Merovingian King of the Franks Theuderic III de Neustria.

a reply to: wastedown
Rollo the Viking story says he left Norway after he fell foul of Harald the Fairhair..

edit on 5-7-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It used to be claimed (before recent immigrations) that everybody in England was descended one way or another from Edward III, who had a lot of sons.
Intermarriage within small populations probably made this kind of connection more common than people would guess.

edit on 5-7-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Apparently my mother's side is descended from the first noble to die for William the Conqueror at the Battle of Hastings!

WooHoo!

Dad's mother's line is old Pennsylvania Dutch and the family name originated somewhere around the German/Swedish border. Not much known other than that, and Dad's dad was illegitimate, soooooo ... Yeah.
edit on 5-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

It happens! I came into contact with a cousin I'd never met, because a great aunt passed on, and she was trying to contact extended family, and saw my name on an online guest book for the aunt. Well, she had done a lot of research into the family lines, and shared some data. I was thrilled, of course, not having the time or means to do a lot of digging myself. Between what she found, and what I found, using her data and that online ancestry site, i discovered some big names. Some of the royalty of GB was in there, including some of the more notorious ones, with lines gong back to Charlemagne. Wild stuff! My family apparently "fell off" the royalty tree along the way, which suits me just fine! Some of them, I'd just as soon not count. I far prefer the various Scottish ancestors. Good bloodlines there! Well, and a possible (unverified but highly intriguing) line all the way back to King Priam. Yes, from Troy. How someone could trace that, I don't know, but it showed up following the leaf trails. Ancestry study is fascinating stuff!!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

History is fascinating and researching your own lineage can change a lot what you think you are. As my father´s parents moved to Finland, i always thought that my mothers lineage is what defines me as a finn and it turned out her lineage is a Swedish noble family who moved to Finland and not so long ago surname was changed to sound finnish in 1935. It Suxs, but can´t change what it is.

As long as sources are reliable we are dealing with facts but when sources are out.. it is more or less hearsay, legends and with grain of salt lol. Dna could answer to lot of questions tho.

Notorious ones.. i guess we all have those they spice up lineage.. don´t they ?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I can understand that! I remember my mother talking about some of the Scottish being mistaken for Irish, because the people had relocated for various reasons. I don't worry so much about that, because a lot of the British Isles stuff is so similar, anyway, and there are bits of most of it included. Scottish, Irish, a tiny bit of English. The royalty, I believe is sound, because if all the sources, but the older stuff, it's hard to say. I guess it's possible to trace back that far, and there are a lot of stories around about t British Isles people coming from Troy, maybe, so who knows? Interesting, in any case!

new topics

top topics

join