It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Bullet on "Mythbusters"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Looks like the "Mythbusters" (hosts of a television show wherein urban myths are tested) are taking a look at the 'ice bullet' right now on the Discovery Channel. The ice bullet is the idea that you can make a bullet out of ice, shoot and kill someone with it, and leave no evidence because the bullet melts.

Just for context, they've just tested how much of a shock you get if you are 'young and have no sense and take a whizz on an electric fence'. Apparently, it does zap ya.
I'll follow up with the results, but wanted to let anyone that happens to notice this know that they can catch it right now.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well, the real trick would be using hard to trace muscle relaxers to incapacitate the victim. Then, you have that person fire one of the bullets into something you take with you (this puts the powder in the right places, etc.). You reload the bullet that was fired. Then, using a prop made from dry ice (it melts to a gas instead of liquid), and a piece of dry ice as a fuse between the hammer, you have a timed gun to shoot the victim.

Eventually the dry ice melts, the hammer falls, and the gun shoots the victim. The dry ice stand (for the gun) melts too, leaving no water. Eventually, the body is dead, the gun is on the floor (looking like the victim dropped it), and there is no reason not to think it's not a suicide (as the powder is on the victim's hand, and only the killing bullet is missing) Likewise, the time for the dry ice to melt gives you a pretty solid shot at having a good alibi...

Then again, I haven't really thought much of it.

If you were really pressed for time, I suppose you could fashion an ice stake and simply stab someone... If you did it right, the melting water could even offset the time of death for some time (again, good for the old alibi)...not to mention, it will drive the CSI guys nuts trying to identify the murder instrument....

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Gazrok]

JAK

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well thought out Gazrok. Nice one, back in a minute....

"Dear Homeland Security

I am a member of the website ATS. In a worrying post recently one of the moderators on this site......"

Jack

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hey!!!

Derka Derka! Mohammed Jihad!

Seriously, I saw it on a Soap Opera of all places...(my grandmother used to watch them, and they only had one tv in the house...you know how that goes...)

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am a member of the website ATS. In a worrying post recently one of the moderators on this site......"

You should hear my idea on the "no body, no murder" idea...

join