It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find this short video strange.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
dont worry all is not lost:
www.amazon.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The whole concept of the General Lee and its design was to underscore the idea of the main characters as rebels against the lawful authority of the town/country of Hazzard. Of course, we all know that Boss Hogg and the cops were corrupt.

I find it sort ironic that in today's society of anti-law enforcement sentiment the anti-battle flag sentiment apparently trumps it.

And the Duke Boys lose some of their character development and flavor in the process.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Was never a fan of that show but the car with the flag really stood out, so I agree it should have been left as it was.

I doubt that Amazon car model will last long. They must have missed that.

What are they going to do. Comb through every show, movie, book, anything with it and republish?
It's the equivalent of changing the Archie bunker show All In Thr Family. I take it that's still in reruns?
The Matrix or trench coats weren't removed after columbine.

However I do think if the flag offends to get rid of it flying on poles, but leave it where it was on things like this.
edit on 29-6-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
You can buy darts and bumper stickers still
www.amazon.com...=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Confederation+flag&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AConfederation+flag

Sorry can't add the links tag . Browser crashes when I do
Search confederation flag
edit on 29-6-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh
I would have to agree with the video. Very Odd. I never watched the show despite the fact I owned a 68 Charger in High School.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In 2012, NASCAR banned pro golfer Bubba Watson's plan to drive the General Lee, the car from the television series "The Dukes of Hazzard," at Phoenix International Raceway over concerns about a negative reaction to an image of the Confederate flag on its roof.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: JAK

Wow, so this was released without the flag in 2009?

Thanks for that bit of information.

Not sure if that makes it less or more strange for me.

Why would the company be selling it sans-flag so long ago. Licensing issues?

Could have been as simple as a licensing issue. Maybe the car with the flag had to be officially licensed, but the car with the number and no flag did not?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Licensing! Winner winner chicken dinner!
I'm guessing you are correct.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Everything like this is planned. People are to busy watching the magician - to see his sleight of hand!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

This is not good, at all. By getting rid of a symbol does not make the problem it may, or may not, represent, go away. A TV show, movie, video, drawing, painting, etc is a form of art. Artists should have the liberty to use whatever they feel expresses what they are trying to get across, even if it is offensive to some, or even many. Without this liberty an artist is handicapped. Once art is created it should not be censored later to fit the current social morals, but rather be seen in its historical context, and compared to current standards. Revising history is what they are doing, and even on a small scale, such as this, it is never good for true understanding. This model is a model of a charger. It is not The General Lee without the rebel flag, and should not be branded as such.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
dont worry all is not lost:
www.amazon.com...

In the Q&A section of the page someone asks if the rebel flag decal is included, seems to be a white model that has to be put together and painted. Probably why it was such a quick change. Well 2 answers say that the rebel flag decal is included even thought it isn't shown on the box.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I have an answer from the manufacturer to an extent.

They said that the decal for the roof was included in the box. There was no comment on why it wasn't on the packaging or included in the instructions or contents.

There we go.

Still, I would buy it and build it. Love the General Lee.

Been contemplating building the General Houston.

I'm Texan after all, I drive an old Torino, and I've just been itching to paint a Texas flag and build a grill guard for it.

JAK

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Good on you for going to the source and directly questioning them instead of relying on speculation.

Nice work Bobaganoosh.

edit on 2/7/15 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

P.C. scumbags changing things to try and make people in their fanbase love them unconditionally while being the biggest douchebags they can be allowed by their own inept laws. The Duke's car was a big parto f my childhood too, just sad.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join