It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sorry Fellow Guardian (Destiny)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is for all those who play Destiny...

Last night I get a text message from a good friend. It simply said "PoE" -- which is shorthand for "Prison of Elders". We'd talked a few days before about how after the Tuesday reset we'd want to do it on level 32. I said "K".

After spending about half an hour getting through all five levels (including the boss) I got my armor core and a new legendary machine gun.

Before calling it a night I said to my friend, "Hey, do you want to do a level 28 strike before signing off? I kind of want to see what this new machine gun is like, besides I'm 34 now and a 28 level strike should be super fun!"

So he joins my fireteam and I get the Dragon Strike lined up, we get auto-matched with some stranger and away we go. The mission is Phogoth, the huge ogre in the summoning pits. As soon as my friend and I get to the entrance to the underground section of the map I see him running backwards.

"Hey bro, where the heck are you going?" I ask. "Dude, I saw a pack of wolves -- come on!"

If you don't know, a "pack of wolves" means some baddies that randomly spawn on a map. After you beat them, a treasure chest pops up somewhere and you get some loot.

So my friend and I abandon the third man and run off to get this chest of loot. After we do so (I got a token for a new shader) -- I notice that the third guy has been playing all by himself, and has almost beaten the entire strike all by himself! I bet that guy is pissed we seemed to ditch him!

Well, we race through the map to catch up with him. I'm honestly surprised he didn't just back out of the strike once he realized he was going alone through the map. When we eventually get to where he is, he's right at the final boss of the strike.

My friend and I help out for maybe a total of 5 minutes, and destroy Phogoth. Just as the final boss dies, we both get killed and can't respawn in time to finish the strike.

I say to my friend, "Oh lord I wonder what the post-game rewards will be..."

It was if I said some magic words. The post-game screens showed I had a total of 6 -- yes SIX kills. This random third guy we ditched had over 70 kills.

Then the rewards come...I hear my friend shout some swear words and and I look at the screen. I scored a legendary primary engram, he scored a legendary ship. The guy we ditched and abandoned got two blue engrams.

My friend says, "Holy crap! I that guy must be super pissed, lets get out of here and go to the tower!" I agree and I take us to the tower. The entire time we're both talking about how that guy really deserved more than two blue engrams for almost highhandedly beating the entire strike.

So to make it even more unbelievable, I go to decrypt the legendary engram. As soon as it's finished my friend hears the sound through the headset. I don't have to say anything. I hear him say:

"Holy *&^% did you just get an EXOTIC!?"

"Wha...holy...no way, no freakin' WAY! Dude...I just got a SUROS Regime..."

Now, I already have one and after Bungie nerfed autorfifles it's kind of a lame for an exotic, but STILL. I can use the exotic shard from it for something else at least.

So, to the Guardian that we ditched and scored way better rewards: I'm sorry. We should have tried to flag you down and have you get the chest with us, I almost missed it myself. You deserved more than two blue engrams, and I sure as hell didn't deserve an exotic. You are truly the better player, and I salute you.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I love destiny but 20 quid for the last dlc pack is a lot I thought, I'm level 32 I'm hoping for the dlc for Father's Day lol 😃 what platform do you play on ?
reply to: MystikMushroom

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

ahah ah yes the rng gods of Destiny are ruthlessly unfair. A friend of mine finally got his gallijhorn over the weekend...he can die happy now.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

If you're on 360 I could use a higher class of player to run strikes, POE, raids & ultimately trials of Osiris.

Typically I'm either playing alone or with my one good friend which sucks for trying to get higher gear (I have a warlock & Titan both lvl 31 for now).

I'm hoping in the future something will be done to matchmake people for all aspects of the multiplayer experience.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

lol I've got two of them, too bad we can't trade items

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Lol, awesome, just awesome. I know that feeling entirely!! I don't know what they use to factor those in but it's obviously some random code. But it is odd, as I play with my nephew and brother in law, my nephew is always the one to get a legendary out of any of us.

Love the latest DLC and I can't wait for the next one in September. I'm lvl 33 Titan, lvl 30 Warlock & lvl 17 Hunter

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Nope, I'm on PS4 :-P

I got my Gjahlly two weeks ago myself!

I've got a now 34 Titan, 32 Warlock and a pathetic level 9 Hunter.

Poor hunter...it's just painful to have to run through all those story missions again a third time!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I just bought a ps4 and had to start over, was originally on 360 with a 32/32/18. Sucks having to do it all over again.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Speaking of the Trials of Osiris. I'm like 0-6 so far lol. I don't play the crucible that much so my multiplayer battles are sub par at best. I've tried everything from hand cannons, auto rifles and scout rifles. I think my best combo so far is auto with ice breaker. Came close to winning once. We lost 5-3, lol

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
is this one of those games you have to pay monthly to get the stuff that actually makes the game worth playing?

i #$%&ing hate those games.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

For this particular game, it's essentially entirely online. For PS4 at least, that means having a PSN subscription. The benefits of said subscription are numerous, however. I get enough free games out of it to justify the expense, especially with a yearly renewal.

Myself, on PS4, I have three level 32 characters. I've done a few Raids, and gotten some fantastic gear from there (Praedyth's Timepiece, IMHO, the best pulse rifle in existence)... and PoE is by far the best addition in recent updates. I'm not on 24 hours a day, so I can't compete in the crucible. I mean... I leave the crucible carrying all of my parts. No chance at all.
edit on 17/6/2015 by CrikeyMagnet because: phone corrected PSN to PS4

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrikeyMagnet
a reply to: TzarChasm

For this particular game, it's essentially entirely online. For PS4 at least, that means having a PSN subscription. The benefits of said subscription are numerous, however. I get enough free games out of it to justify the expense, especially with a yearly renewal.

Myself, on PS4, I have three level 32 characters. I've done a few Raids, and gotten some fantastic gear from there (Praedyth's Timepiece, IMHO, the best pulse rifle in existence)... and PoE is by far the best addition in recent updates. I'm not on 24 hours a day, so I can't compete in the crucible. I mean... I leave the crucible carrying all of my parts. No chance at all.

sounds like the kind of game that is best to play while you are unmarried and relatively low in the employment chain. that is to say, lots of time, decent money and nothing/no one to spend it on except yourself.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If you grind out a weekly strike and a nightfall strike once a week, and do a daily strike (about 30 min) -- you can get good gear and level up just fine.

So, maybe 3-4 hours a week total play time and you can stay on top of things.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
If you grind out a weekly strike and a nightfall strike once a week, and do a daily strike (about 30 min) -- you can get good gear and level up just fine.

you are a more stalwart soul than most if you can limit yourself in that manner. people have dedicated themselves to the grave playing games like the one you describe.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

you are a more stalwart soul than most if you can limit yourself in that manner. people have dedicated themselves to the grave playing games like the one you describe.

What Mystic said in his previous post is exactly what I do. I play a little more often on the weekends but on average it' ranges from 3-6 hours per week after my boys hit the hay. It's not a RPG so there are not add'l weapons or armor that you have to pay for out of your pocket. I paid for the game $60 and the season pass $40 (I think) but it's been worth it. This game is a great FPS.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

So Now I know where else to find you, be sure to know I will be trolling your threads and posts,

Jokes...

Its happened to me a few times, and I have ditched others as well, Sorry but it happens with such a game that can delight you or piss you off beyond no bounds.

wanting to finish the bounty get through a strike without dying, Yeah stupid me instead of just going to earth and doing the level 8 or any of the other normal strikes I need get some extra loot so I do the weekly heroic on Lvl 32,

I mean with level 34 Characters you feel indestructible at times especially if you have a good run and everything is going right, getting all your head shots, taking out 3 or 4 enemies in a second or two with head shots and no wasted ammo not hitting anything, you know when you get on a roll.

just last week was doing the 32 weekly and on the moon as well, got through all of it with only a little health left on Phogoth and I die, he hits me with purple spew while I get bombarded from just about all sides from other random enemies, the game cheated obviously and knew my intentions, so it had all the enemies turn just on me.

What do I do, I leave the fire team and try again hoping to get thrown in with the same crew but started from the start with a new on, that just lowered my enjoyment again and died much sooner so started again, and again and again until about the 4 or 5th time and then got through without dying.

After wasting that hour or a little more I just thought to myself why didn't I just finish the first one instead of leaving the other 2 guardians , get the 9 coins and 400 rep and be done with the weekly and just do a dragon or a simple normal strike to do the stupid bounty.

I love the game but at times has me swearing at the screen, its a love hate relationship.

As most Destiny players know.

Finally got Thorn just last week, man one thing I am really not fond of is PVP, however the last Iron banner made me play due to etheric light being sold and did it and leveled up to level 5 ranking with all 3 characters to be able to get 2 etheric lights each.

At least it has made me slightly better in PVP, I was complete crap +++ now I am just partially crap here and there as some crucible matches I finish on top in my fire-team of 6 if playing control or clash, so either I have gotten better or am just playing with players that are as crap as I was or just having bad runs, I find playing crucible is easier if you are not tired, at times you need quick reflexes, just sitting at a corner and knowing there is an opponent doing the same on the other side, waiting to see who is going make the move around the corner and who shoots their shotgun first and gets the kill.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Congrats on the thorn!

I got Bad JuJu last week. I'm still playing around with it. My go-to primary is the Vex, I've got it maxed at 365. That thing is great for PvE, but not so great for PvP like Iron Banner.

I finally unlocked wolfpack rounds for my Gjally -- the fun now begins!

Sometimes I'll equip my worst armor combination and do a Roc or Dragon strike, then equip my best once we start. I'll go from 32 to 34 and be Superman.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

but not so great for PvP like Iron Banner.

I wish I could agree but got my a$$ handed to me so many times in the last banner by players using Vex, although not as bad as players brandishing thorn, 50 or more percent of the times I died was due to thorn, 25-30 percent was due to Vex and the rest was just a mix.

Now that I have my thorn I guess I will hated by others in the crucible, However after using using for a bit, its level up to 365, I still have issues as you need to get head shots to be really effective in PVP and I find Hawkmoon with a better impact than Thorn a better opinion for me in PVP, Otherwise in PVE thorn is great.

I love Bad Juju, a warlock with Void super and Obsidian mind exotic helmet using Bad Juju and you are using supers left right and centre if there are enough enemies around.

I am still waiting to get my Gally,

I don't think Xur will ever sell it and my luck in getting that is just off, got suros a few times from legendary engrams and a few other exotics, but Gally and few others like the raid weapons are all I want to get my hands on but haven't.

I guess I need raid more so than I have, A lot more, Haven't completed any raids, did bits and pieces here and there but haven't finished the 2 raids.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

My first go on PoE lol 28 I was awarded the fourth horsemen and this young kid who was playing with us was more exited then me about the exotic, to a great shotgun at close range but I prefer the invective auto shotgun for better range and stability.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I got a Dry Rot 32 with hot swap, rifled barrel, and luck in the chamber. It's a great shotty, fun in PoE! I like it better than my Secret Handshake.

Ungh, I just got done doing 3 hours of strikes and bounties. Using telemetries as much as I can to get my Horn maxed out.

The grind is real!

new topics

top topics

join