It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Is Poised to Put Heavy Weaponry in Eastern Europe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Go learn some history son.. Your claims are falsehoods

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: matt1893

yeah, you can choose a working country (no more no less than majority of others) just bomb it as hell, turn his cities in a bunch of ruins, destroy the entire structure of the society, than you give weapons and money to more than one group of power...and leave!!!

AAAAAND........IT WILL LOOK LIKE IRAQ...

Or Germany. Why do you Russians always forget America's role in the Great Patriotic War?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Be specific. Here is your chance to educate rather than parrot.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19459394]DJW001

That was another story... Hitler was not Saddam...

and I don't think Russia has forgot WWII, but I think they remeber better the Cold War...

and for us in the middle (ITALY), well we did not forget too USA's help, but thanks to cold war and communist fear, our democracy was created in a way we can't decide nothing, trought an escalation of blood and terror payed and organized from CIA and fascist...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Or maybe it's because Russia keeps invading people.

Georgia applies to be a part of NATO. NATO says no. Russia invades.

Ukraine applies to be part of NATO. NATO says no. Russia invades.

Putin wants the former Soviet Slave States back under his thumb.

originally posted by: purplemer

Nice ad-hominem. Use more facts, less logical fallacies.

From 2008.

NATO Rejects Georgia, Ukraine

Nato has confirmed it will not yet offer membership to Georgia or Ukraine after the 26-member alliance was split amid strong objections from Russia.

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

You are welcome, Son.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

some people needs the bade guy, don't understand they're all bad guys (...someone worst IMO)...

the statement USA don't like invading invading other sovreign countries is very funny!

"LET'S GO IN ANOTHER PEACE KEEPING... EHM... DEMOCRACY IMPORT/EXPORT... HUMANITARIAN INGERENCE... ARAB SPRING... CONTRAS... GLADIO.. Bay of the Pigs Invasion... BLACK TERROR... RED TERRROR... ORANGE REVOLUTION... HEROES OF MAIDAN... ONLY TRAINERS AND MILITARY ADVISORS... IRAN'S NUCLEAR EXPERTS OMICIDE AND PLANT SABOTAGE... NO BOOTS ON THE GROUND... DRONES!!!"

That's all in the respect of sovereignty of independent and free countries...
edit on 26-6-2015 by matt1893 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2015 by matt1893 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

What does any of that have to do with Russia invading their neighbors and annexing their land? Are you saying Russia is evil like the USA is evil?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Want to know what will happen if the nukes start flying , check your location here . Set up parameters are on the right .

nuclearsecrecy.com...

Hint . You dont want a Tsar bomba anywhere near you .
edit on 26-6-2015 by hutch622 because: i apparently dont know my left from my right .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Daedal

Want to know what will happen if the nukes start flying , check your location here . Set up parameters are on the right .

nuclearsecrecy.com...

Hint . You dont want a Tsar bomba anywhere near you .

never happen it's a no win situation and even Putin understands this and the last thing he wants to do is wipe out the country he wants to lead.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

India , Pakistan , lil Kim in nth Korea . Israel , perhaps Iran and Papua New Guinea , lots of level heads there .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

not really... better said: everybody care onlyabout his own interests, but someone covering his acts with empty words like freedom, democracy etc...

Russia said only: we can't accept that our strict neighbour become NATO and allow NATO(US) to place there weapons and troops. They never claim to be a big democracy, and they really didn't invade Georgia (they were there for peace-keeping before Georgian army started operations in South Ossetia) nor Ukraine (they're not officially there, and military advisors, volunteers and supply to the resistance/separatist is not an invasion).

We have to remember that in Ukraine a democratic (more or less) elected government was victim of a coup, the great demontrations don't proof nothing, as here in Italy same numbers demonstrations, with a lot less violence (we don't shoot to police) are called "extremist, vandals or sometime terrorists". Ukrainian's demonstration are backed by western secret services and economic lobbies, and used NAZIS (no is not Nazi's defense, they're really Nazi), wich had killed, raped, etc...

My tought explanation is clear enought? we can talk hours about these matters...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Ukrainian's demonstration are backed by western secret services and economic lobbies, and used NAZIS (no is not Nazi's defense, they're really Nazi), wich had killed, raped, etc...

Except that everyone knows that the Russians are backing the Nazis in Donetsk!

Pavel Gubarev

"Ukrainian Nationalists"

Note the black and gold flags; they represent the Eurasia Party, a fascist Slavic Supremicist organization. More here.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: matt1893

not really... better said: everybody care onlyabout his own interests, but someone covering his acts with empty words like freedom, democracy etc...

Russia said only: we can't accept that our strict neighbour become NATO and allow NATO(US) to place there weapons and troops. They never claim to be a big democracy, and they really didn't invade Georgia (they were there for peace-keeping before Georgian army started operations in South Ossetia) nor Ukraine (they're not officially there, and military advisors, volunteers and supply to the resistance/separatist is not an invasion).

We have to remember that in Ukraine a democratic (more or less) elected government was victim of a coup, the great demontrations don't proof nothing, as here in Italy same numbers demonstrations, with a lot less violence (we don't shoot to police) are called "extremist, vandals or sometime terrorists". Ukrainian's demonstration are backed by western secret services and economic lobbies, and used NAZIS (no is not Nazi's defense, they're really Nazi), wich had killed, raped, etc...

My tought explanation is clear enought? we can talk hours about these matters...

I strongly suggest you go back and do some reading onto the conflict. Russia had invaded the area on behalf of sepratists. The attack your talking about happened after they claimed it was a peace keeping operation and had an occupying force in Georgia. Just because Russia called it a peace keeping operation doesn't mean it was true.

Ossetian separatists began shelling Georgian villages on 1 August, with a sporadic response from Georgian peacekeepers in the region. The Georgian Army was sent to South Ossetia on 7 August to defend civilians and restore order. Most of Tskhinvali, South Ossetia's capital, was recaptured in hours. Georgia later said it was also responding to Russia moving non-peacekeeping units into the country. Russia responded by sending troops retaking the area and expelling native georgians.

But you obviously bought into the Russian re write of history. Bottom line Russia invaded claimed they were attempting to keep the peace. When that ruse failed they just invaded taking the territory.and it is still under Russian control to this day.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well, I guess it's a contest: whether to buy into the US/NATO rewrite of history, or into the Russian rewrite. Such a dilemma.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Personally I don't think this is a good idea at all.
This is just going to heighten military tensions in Europe and should an incident occur in this region it has the potential to be blown well out of proportion rapidly.
I was reading yesterday that Russia has said Poland and Romania are now automatic targets due to them installing missiles.
I wish NATO would make up it's mind.
One minute it says installing this weaponry is not aimed at Russia and the next it is saying to defend from Russia.

US missile deployment makes Poland and Romania 'targets', says Russia

Russia regards the build-up of Nato military equipment and installations, particularly from the US, as aggressive behaviour on its doorstep

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join