It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community leaders bypass prosecutor to charge police .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

You must have come in with a predetermined opinion then that I was speaking of the outcome . Public opinion and voter reliability would go along way to keeping them honest in their opinion about the case. I was not implying it should influence the outcome of guilt.

Edit;

Now I'm a little irritated . I reread the post and source apparently you didn't fully read either . There is no possible way anyone could assume my position was what you stated after reading the full OP and the source .

edit on 9-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

If the judge grants the motion it will also have to go to the grand jury and the grand jury will feel the full weight of the publics opinion with judicial backing prior to their decision.

The full extent of the pressure applies solely on the judge presented with the affidavits .

The last line is contradictory but I've included it anyway, it's neither here nor there really.

You want the grand jury to decide whether the case should be prosecuted while under the influence of public opinion. There is no comprehension failure, twisting of words, or mental gymnastics involved here. You've said it right there.

The grand jury should only be looking at whether there is a case to answer. The bar is very, very low and the odds are stacked in the prosecutor's favour, but public opinion has no part, and shouldn't have a part, to play in that process.

Once the grand jury is compromised, it's only ever a step away from the trial jury being compromised. (edited to add: floodgates theory, I suppose).

As a rule of thumb, I tend to find that the people calling loudest that "the public must be heard!" tend to, in their next breath, appoint themselves as "the voice of the public". This is a general observation, not directed at you specifically, OP.

edit on 10-6-2015 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2015 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Actually the last line is only a contradiction because of intentions you have implied I am writing. Those intentions you charge my OP with are unfounded and they are only in the discussion now because of your assumptions about the point I was trying to make .

The grand jury will feel the weight with judicial backing. Because a judge will have already made the decision whether to charge or not. there was no mention of finding of guilt Anywhere in my statement ,nope all I mentioned was charging.

No matter what you think your intellect is you cannot read minds.

The grand jury should only be looking at whether there is a case to answer. The bar is very, very low and the odds are stacked in the prosecutor's favour, but public opinion has no part, and shouldn't have a part, to play in that process.

Again where did I say public pressure on the grand jury . I said the grand jury would feel the weight of the publics opinion which they always do . The pressure I refer to is because a judge has already ruled on the charging .

Once the grand jury is compromised, it's only ever a step away from the trial jury being compromised. (edited to add: floodgates theory, I suppose).

Again read the source it is very apparent you haven't. There's a good chance this won't even go to the grand jury .

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Update:

The judge ruled there's enough evidence to indict. But it's still up to the prosecutor to file the charges .

(CNN)A judge has reviewed the facts around the shooting death of 12-year-old Tamir Rice and said he believes prosecutors should move forward with charges against the officers involved.

source

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join