It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

The United States has a horrible human rights record compared to other western nations.

No it hasn't, and hasn't been around that long, though they possibly majored in WW2 with their nuclear weapons...no human rights there, and only a few bombs but that was before the UN, right? and maybe nuclear fallout killed quite a few Americans just by testing but that was okay too..after WW2, and the UN. To get the big picture, the last thing that governments want to get involved in is human rights thus far unless ordinary people speak out, and there are groups out there that do advocate, and have done for a long time. An event like 9/11 was a big setback for the US as far as human rights are concerned, akin to the McCarthyism of reds under the bed in the 1950's when innocent people were pissed on. It's only the method that changes.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I with Beezer, if Saudi Arabia are still giving out amputations some years after the UNHRC foundation it's just a group of public funded air miles collectors.

Save the money, give it to America for some free health care.
edit on 7 6 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I love that quote. The madness though is overwhelming.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Isn't Saudi Arabia really good friend of USA

How is it US government likes them. Is it because that are same kind if scum.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I would like it if Saudi Arabia would make it to head of United Nations Human Rights Council!

Don't you think that would be really funny? Because not only they but every other nation on the world would HAVE to keep their eyes on Saudi Arabia's point of human rights. They could not overlook how the Saudis are operating on that level.

The Saudis even would have to (a) completely alter the human rights or (b) openly state that they support the UN charta of human rights (which they don't, but don't want to talk about it) or (c) would have to admit how many human rights are not established in Saudi Arabia.

It would put a relentless spotlight on a nation deep in denial about the status of their human rights acceptance!
edit on 8 6 2015 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Human rights?

Saudi Arabia...?! Seriously?

This is a joke i trust.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nowornevertill

Isn't Saudi Arabia really good friend of USA

Friends? That would depend upon who you ask. Our little ol' govt? Yes. No. Maybe.

Many American's with even a modicum of knowledge? Not in the slightest. Count me as among those.

Were I in the Oval Office, or even in a position of influence, I'd tell the House of Saud to pound *ahem* sand. The only reason there is any relationship at all with them is because of, you may have already guessed it, oil.

I detest the Saudi's as much, maybe more, then many of you do Israel. Oddly enough? For many of the same reasons.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

If it's a joke, it's truly a sad one.

For the life of me, I can not even remotely see this happening.

I have little enough respect for the UN now... This happens? Zero. You can't have less than none, right?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Just when you thought the world cant get any more hilarious in its back ass wardsness in pretty much everything, here we have something which puts that to rest and the hilarious but crazy shenanigans continue on. For today at least.

Cant wait to see what tomorrow brings. Could be something along the lines of, new middle-school superintendent elected, has a record of being a pedo a mile long, but thats OK because he dresses snappy and its just how things are run, and likes to give private lessons to young children as he is a kid at heart. Some people think it could never happen, but judging by some of the things I seen...I am not so sure.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
So who should head up the UN Human Rights Council, then? Because from where I sit, I don't see one nation on Earth with the credentials necessary to confidently fill that role.

So are we to pick from the lesser of two (or multiple) evils, yet again? Aren't you getting tired of doing that?

Norway......i pick norway

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: intrepid
I put forth Iceland. Any gov't that jails bankers for screwing the citizens sounds like they get "human rights".

Sorry,
most people in Iceland are white. 93% are descendants of Norwegian settlers and Celts from Ireland and Scotland.

They have little to no experience with racial issues.

They have little to no racism because they are mono-cultural.
Meaning they have no experience with multi-culturalism and they
can not understand others cultures and their problems.

Who would you elect then?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

BAHAHA

That is HILARIOUS.

The government of SA are morons.

~Tenth
edit on 6/8/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Lets pick somewhere nice.
Barbados they can be in it, have they ever invaded or been at war with anyone?.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: intrepid
I put forth Iceland. Any gov't that jails bankers for screwing the citizens sounds like they get "human rights".

Sorry,
most people in Iceland are white. 93% are descendants of Norwegian settlers and Celts from Ireland and Scotland.

They have little to no experience with racial issues.

They have little to no racism because they are mono-cultural.
Meaning they have no experience with multi-culturalism and they
can not understand others cultures and their problems.

Who would you elect then?

I was being sarcastic. Sorry. We really need a sarcasm emoticon.

Actually, seriously, Netherlands after being in nearly every European country.
And, seriously, my only reservation is their euthanasia policy, but every country has it's flaws.
I think Netherlands has the least flaws.
They are great people and very very accepting of everyone.

edit on 8Mon, 08 Jun 2015 08:18:14 -0500am60806amk081 by grandmakdw because: grammar spelling addition

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join