It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whole new meaning to the term photo bomb .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I saw this report and it honestly gave me a chuckle . It seems that not all members of Isis are tech savvy . Reports are coming in on how the US obtained targeting information for a Isis headquarters compound .

Any death and destruction is horrible. But sometimes you just have to marvel at the stupidity of our fellow human beings .

“It was a post on social media. Bombs on target in 22 hours,” said General Herbert “Hawk” Carlisle, head of the Air Combat Command, addressing the Air Force Association breakfast meeting in Washington, DC. “It was incredible work, and incredible airmen doing this sort of thing.”

In the meeting, Carlisle told the story on how analysts with the 361st Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group, based at Hurlburt Field in Florida, spotted a “selfie” of an Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) fighter in front of what was said to be a command facility, and used the comments to track the building down. “They see some moron standing at this command,” Carlisle said, “bragging about the command and control capabilities for [IS]” in some open forum. So they “did some work,” and about 22 hours later, three Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAMs) “took the building out,” he said.

Source

edit on 5-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

ISIS Fighter: "look at me twitter followers, I am righteous, am I not"

US Military: "Say cheese motherf###er"

LOL - egotistical stupidity just found a cheerleader.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Haha, I could not agree more. This post made me chuckle a lot though. a reply to: Sublimecraft

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Nice...Lets hope it catches on as a "thing" amongst the ISIS fanatics.
I mean they all want to be martyrs don't they?

Well now they know an easy way to achieve their aim.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

ISIS Fighter: "look at me twitter followers, I am righteous, am I not"

US Military: "Say cheese motherf###er"

LOL - egotistical stupidity just found a cheerleader.

Rotf!!!!

Great post it made the the coffee fizz out my nose!!

But I finally looked at this action objectively. Information like this could definitely put a dent in their social media campaign . We more than likely will see restrictions placed on the Daesh fighters .

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The military is a tool of misfortune

Not the tool of honorable gentlemen

When using it out of necessity

Calm detachment should be above all

Victorious but without glory

Those who glorify
Are delighting in the killing

Those who delight in killing

Cannot achieve their ambitions upon the world

Auspicious events favor the left

Inauspicious events favor the right

The lieutenant general is positioned to the left

The major general is positioned to the right

We say that they are treated as if in a funeral

Those who have been killed

Should be mourned with sadness

Victory in war should be treated as a funeral

-Tao Te Ching

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I saw this report and it honestly gave me a chuckle . It seems that not all members of Isis are tech savvy . Reports are coming in on how the US obtained targeting information for a Isis headquarters compound .

Any death and destruction is horrible. But sometimes you just have to marvel at the stupidity of our fellow human beings .

“It was a post on social media. Bombs on target in 22 hours,” said General Herbert “Hawk” Carlisle, head of the Air Combat Command, addressing the Air Force Association breakfast meeting in Washington, DC. “It was incredible work, and incredible airmen doing this sort of thing.”

In the meeting, Carlisle told the story on how analysts with the 361st Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group, based at Hurlburt Field in Florida, spotted a “selfie” of an Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) fighter in front of what was said to be a command facility, and used the comments to track the building down. “They see some moron standing at this command,” Carlisle said, “bragging about the command and control capabilities for [IS]” in some open forum. So they “did some work,” and about 22 hours later, three Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAMs) “took the building out,” he said.

Source

well, that certainly xplains how the US finds Isis so they can drop them supplies
and money...and John mcCain...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

No truer statement has ever been told.

new topics

top topics

join