It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world's first ocean cleaning system will be deployed in 2016

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: np6888
what's the relevant of this post , I don't see any resemblance of showing these woman that it contributes to this thread?

And about his name, it's not in the man's name or ethnic background this guy has. It's in the strength and dedication for maybe saving allot of marine life and also yours . It's pure voluntarily actions of many volunteers from different nations who do care for our oceans.

Did you know that he spend three years of his life to accomplish this and was invited by John Kerry who supports his efforts.

And only ninetheen years old I have to say I'll hope we will see more of these people in the future that are trying to change our world into a cleaner and better place.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

How so? You do realize that most cruise ships do not discharge any waste while at sea.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
great idea...but, isn't this like taking a small whisk brush to sweep up an entire football stadium?....the amount of trash is massive, and it would seem that even with this great start to a great idea, it needs to be scaled up, just to keep ahead of the trash that continues to be dumped into the sea around the world

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Amazing, fills me up with awesome tingly feelings inside.

thank you!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Great!

Could have and should have really been done a few decades ago by those who have the Billions to do something about it but instead they were only bothered about making more cash for themselves and buying boats/yachts which cost millions/billions.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: np6888

whatever ...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
nobody find the anagram of his name strange either - El Satan Boy?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
a reply to: InTheLight

Now they need to be funded permanently somehow. A tax should be placed on all commercial licenses and cruise ticket sales. Yes I said tax. What?

Like a green tax? Or a carbon credit system?
I see.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OneNationUnder This is how Curacao makes it´s drinking water ( tastes delicioussss )

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Im very excited about this amazing invention. Can´t wait to " see" the first results!!! Tax on plactics!!!! Whoohoooo!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I will politely disagree. I worked onboard cruise ships for 10 years, all ships have to deposit their waste on land, officially, with companies. All ships have records of their stock, their weight, the consumed weight, the litter weight and it is all monitored.

The only thing a ship is allowed to put into the sea is grey water, or bilge water. What this is, is sewage water that has been put through a 'sieve' process to remove anything solid. It's literally all biodegradable.

Ofcourse you will get people that litter, but to say Ships should be taxed is ridiculous. You might as well tax people that live by the sea, their litter that is blown out to sea does more damage. Sea side holiday goers, tax them. You see my point?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Thought I'd throw my two cents in...

-> Clean the Ocean Initiative -> Woo hoo! (Homer Simpson style)

The ocean is the best place to dump stuff - Now it's the responsibility of the ocean cleaners and out of my backyard - and no taxes for the cleanup - or global cleaning responsibility - China can now share the cost.

On a more serious note: Garbage shouldn't be created in the first place - and it's all on humans to invent the money to do it.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Can it scoop up radioactive sea water
while its at it ?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: np6888 I don't know how Dutch people speak, but do they all have an accent like him?

Most of us do, yes.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sensibleSenseless

Garbage shouldn't be created in the first place

As long as people are doing things and making tools, there will always be by-products. Here and now in this age of digital/transportation wonder, there will be great heaps of by-product. But we can't go on assumeing this is as good as it gets when it comes to manufacturing and consumption. We can have a technologically advanced system of consumption and creation. We just need a number of major adjustments.

Therefore, our focus should be:
(1)Re-evaluating mass-production as a humanitarian tool
(2)Minimizing by-product volume efficiency while simultaneously maximizing reclaimation, recycling, and remediating efficiency for the environment.

honorable mention
(3)Stop detonating ordinance aggressively

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hi Boomorangatangarang,

Hadn't noticed your response till today....

I agree with reclaiming materials, actually - I've worked in government trying to expose recycling processes for TVs/screens in a report.

There are many ways in which we can re-invent the system, given the knowledge we have now to actually facilitate better ways of managing what we create.

If I were to write the possibilities I can think of, out - it would be too long to list.

But, as to whether that is likely to happen - even if we could come up with thoughts on those issues - that is something that remains to be seen.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sensibleSenseless

But, as to whether that is likely to happen - even if we could come up with thoughts on those issues - that is something that remains to be seen.

Indeed it is!

In the design science school of thought, all the problems of the world that can exterminate all life on this planet are the very catalysts that are meant to awaken humankind to the greater realization of togetherness or oneness. Our trials of the here and now point to a sort of reckoning.

The whole point of out little petri dish Earth is for us to "make it work" so to speak.

If we can't make it work, well, you know, at least some of us tried. But there's no planing for the failure. There's no future in failure of this magnitude. So the only consideration is "let's make it work."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join