It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Poverty, Inequality & Unaffordable Housing. Recipe For Disaster?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You're assuming of course that W was even in control. The more time that goes by, the more it looks like Cheney was actually running everything behind the scenes. Have you ever seen the Frontline documentary on the domestic spying program? Cheney had the thing written, and the order was kept secret in a safe in the office of Cheney's lawyer, only a couple people in the entire government even got to read it. Those who were present in the Oval Office when Bush signed it said Bush didn't even read the thing, he was told it would be better for him if he didn't know.

Then don't forget the time Cheney shot a federal judge in the face, then made the judge apologize on a national scale for getting in the way of Cheney's shot.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Part of the problem with real estate is property values. They have a tendency to soar for little or even no reason some times. Homes in bad neighborhoods, homes in far-flung undesirable areas with work commutes into the hours, one way, total dumps that are treading the condemned line, all places that I've seen spike in value, especially in FL before the bubble burst down there. They're climbing back up that "Are you NUTS?!" price ladder again, and no one can figure out why, since those areas, people avoid like the plague anyway.

I don't pretend to be a property value expert, but I am fully aware that demand/desire for an area skyrockets the values, thus the asking prices soar. I think we have a totally borked appraisal system that makes a little sense here & there, but little to no sense in other places. There's got to be a better way of defining a modest home's value that doesn't put it so far out of reach for most.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have always thought the ruling class play a fine balancing game, keeping the poor just about happy and distracted enough to keep them quiet in in their place. I am not sure what is going in at the moment as they are really pushing it, surely they can see trouble brewing or are they just getting cocky?

As far as helping out goes, we are doing little things as a family such as helping charities, giving stuff we no longer need to the local mission and trying to shop independent (which is hard I will admit). Really wanting, needing to do something bigger now though.

Has anybody read this, seems we have a lot to learn from these guys...

peacefulwarriors.net... _source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

As others have said, housing is a huge issue, people are greedy and don't want the value of their property to decrease, these same people probably have kids struggling to buy their first house. Private landlords are making a mint out of extortionate rents made from property they have snapped out of the hands of waiting buyers, either that or they let the property sit there empty as an investment. I used to live in an apartment block in Manchester, only about 1/3 of it was occupied. The government are making matters worse while pretending to help with their 'help to buy' schemes which only fuel the fire by artificially allowing people who can't really afford it, to buy.

I think the key may be to try and persuade people (voters) to be more outward looking. I know a handful (only a handful mind) of Tory voters and every one of them has been of the mindset that their family is better off (whether they be right or wrong, but wrong I bet as they are all working class) under the Tories while accepting that others will undoubtedly suffer. Perhaps there are others who are blind to it or feel it is somehow justified?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Wrong thread
edit on 1-6-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
All I know is that when housing was priced beyond single mothers, unemployed, but even employed unless they were the 1/10 working at professional levels such as accountants, etc, so they rarely could buy a home, because our misogynst society has always sold out its daughters and not valued the life and liberty of the children, or ever understood work of equal value. But still I had expected people would wake up when this affected the sons. But no, and the next step is the biggest population, the baby boom generation born just around and after WW2, my mother's generation, must be making alot of profit off of the increase while still putting their heads in the sand and though dollar power was different, and payments were different in the past, they simply refuse to do math. My father is was a math and science teacher yet he just spiels off whatever crap is on the news, and does not do the math. Because that would interfere with their greed and selfishness.

Basically, have been waiting a long time for a huge movement to start that would take back our power from those demonic creatures in power, and ensure land is for all, help each other throw up the houses, grow the gardens so that healthy and challenged are all living FREE from their abusive slave system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join