It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Organic Farmers Beat Monsanto As Federal Judge Upholds GMO Seed Ban

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

Really,farmers plant their own seeds that become contaminated with monsanto and are sued .
No, they aren't. Not one has been sued for planting their own seeds which have been cross pollinated. That's one reason the lawsuit in that article was thrown out of court. It's never happened.

And when should our food be owned by one Corporate outfit??
It isn't.

edit on 6/1/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
In Europe it is Illegal now to own heirloom seeds. According to this anyways...
www.naturalnews.com...

(NaturalNews) A new law proposed by the European Commission would make it illegal to "grow, reproduce or trade" any vegetable seeds that have not been "tested, approved and accepted" by a new EU bureaucracy named the "EU Plant Variety Agency."

(NaturalNews) A new law proposed by the European Commission would make it illegal to "grow, reproduce or trade" any vegetable seeds that have not been "tested, approved and accepted" by a new EU bureaucracy named the "EU Plant Variety Agency." It's called the Plant Reproductive Material Law, and it attempts to put the government in charge of virtually all plants and seeds. Home gardeners who grow their own plants from non-regulated seeds would be considered criminals under this law. The draft text of the law, which has already been amended several times due to a huge backlash from gardeners, is viewable here. "This law will immediately stop the professional development of vegetable varieties for home gardeners, organic growers, and small-scale market farmers," said Ben Gabel, vegetable breeder and director of The Real Seed Catalogue.

So although it doesn't apply to NA it is plausable some boobie could consider it in 'NA' also, which would be most unfortunate as it would create massive problems and im sure those who create these terms/laws full well know this.
edit on 6/1/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

This is about property rights in Jackson and Josephine Counties in rural Oregon and everywhere else. Obviously there is no respect in Monsantos world. If Monsantos' Herefords bulls broke my fence and impregnated my Angus cows they would own the calves. That is how they do business.
We all feel we are being force fed something we do not want or understand. Why are there court cases all over and much worse regarding them?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

You should maintain your fences better.

And if you don't understand stand GMO, stop visiting anti GMO websites, they're counting in people's fear and ignorance to get their message across.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

That's what I could translate , it's a not a legal process but I see it more like a warning signal against Monsanto. I don't know if it's going to change anything, we will see I guess..

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I can see 'guerilla' action winning, just as it has with Big Mac, they are crying about their bottom line now, given time, good things come to those that wait.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I can see 'guerilla' action winning, just as it has with Big Mac, they are crying about their bottom line now, given time, good things come to those that wait.

How do you envision such a 'guerilla' action? I agree in principle but the specifics of how to proceed allude.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here is a link to a report concerning various industry promoted myths about the utility and safety of GMO with extensive documentation:

I'm linking to the myth being promoted in this thread regarding increased use of pesticides as a result of GMO planting and plants.

5.2 Myth: GM crops decrease pesticide use

at: earthopensource.org...

The increased adoption of GM Roundup Ready crops, especially soy, has been accompanied by massive increases in the use of glyphosate herbicides worldwide.1,2,3,4,5,6

With footnotes for those who are interested in methodology.

The entire report on the 6 main and sever sub myths is at:

gmomythsandtruths.earthopensource.org...

A way I choose sources is by their footnotes and references. When I see an article - or post - for that matter with no supporting evidence for the assertions made I am not comfortable in repeating the information. Sometimes I can't help myself but nobody is perfect.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Here is a link to a report concerning various industry promoted myths about the utility and safety of GMO with extensive documentation:
As I pointed out previously, Benbrook's own figures show that there has been a decrease in the application rate of pesticides. There was a net decrease in the application rate per acre.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The increased adoption of GM Roundup Ready crops, especially soy, has been accompanied by massive increases in the use of glyphosate herbicides worldwide.1,2,3,4,5,6
And a reduction in the use of other, far more dangerous herbicides. As Benbrook himself stated in his study.

In light of its generally favorable environmental and toxicological properties, especially compared to some of the herbicides displaced by glyphosate, the dramatic increase in glyphosate use has likely not markedly increased human health risks.

www.enveurope.com...

When I see an article - or post - for that matter with no supporting evidence for the assertions made I am not comfortable in repeating the information.
I provided the sources in that previous post. The source was Benbrook himself. Try reading it.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Right, but you are also admitting that herbicides and other agents ARE dangerous...AND that is the real issue here.
We need to realize that population is no excuse for mis-management. The population would of never risen this high without it...companion, native planting overcomes and produces volumes of food capable of feeding many...problem is the global paradigm and the controlling interests...conspiracy? no more than greed illuminates in every other forum, oh and control freaks and narcissists.

I grow massive volumes of food, on 3 small acres, more than I can ever attend to...why are we arguing about susbtances that are absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt...harmful...to everything involved.

There is no leveraging IQ, or informed apprehension against utter idiocy, which is Big AG.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join