It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, Here's One ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So I had a dream this morning.

It was sort of strange.

My husband and I were at a lake, and I remember seeing the fishing pole. It was bending and the bobber was running. Clearly, there was a bite.

Now, I never saw my husband, so I just assumed he was there because I was yelling at him, "Set the hook! Set the hook!" over and over because that's what you do when you have a fish running with the bait - you set the hook to hook the fish. It was at this point I noticed it wasn't my husband who had the fish on the line. It was our son who was holding the pole, and just that fast, the fish drags him straight under.

Now, the kid never moved or made a sound, and I never felt any fear. I just jumped in after him, grabbed him by the armpits after feeling around a bit and pulled him and the fish out of the water. It was a pretty big fish, too. Easily nearly as long as my son is tall.

Then I woke up. Probably why I remember that dream at all.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Ok i had a weird fishing dream last night myself. i was fishing at this hole where i used to live years ago right? So my pole bent and I set the hook. Well this crazy looking prehistoric kind of alligator thing came out of the water chasing me. As i was running I seen a family of bigfoots running also, so i took a pic of the biggest bigfoot then woke up.

Also i had a dream when i was living at this location in the first dream that i had a big Orca come out of the water and used it's fins to chase me on land.

Incidentally i went fishing today with a friend and caught like 6 good size fish in under a hour, one was a 20" 9# Blue catfish 5 sheesphead one of them being very nice.
The blue cat was my 1st ever too. Caught plent yellow channel cats but never a blue.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Interesting. I wonder if an event involving you and your son will bring a soul to salvation. The term 'fisher of men' comes to mind.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Big fish= unseen influence, feelings, emotion.

"set the hook"=something you assume one has control over the unseen influence.

Boy not husband= son does not have control like father.

Boy pulled in= boy not ready to take on roll of father.

You pull him out= mom being mom.

Perhaps there's something your son is struggling with that you assume is under control.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

That's really odd. I had one where I was swimming and this sharp thing snagged me in the mouth. Well, I'm thrashing and trying to get away because it hurt like hell and this strange creature falls out of the sky and it's thrashing around. Then another one falls down and they go back up. Must be aliens.
Really, it might be a dream brought on by underlying stress or worry. You mentioned having trouble with your house in another thread, I believe. It might be a "what now" kind of thing, something to do with your son because that would be so much worse. Or, I'm full of crap. Take your pick.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Water images are important to me. In many mystical traditions, water represents the collective unconscious, the place of unity for all of us. In my mind, the best piece of literature that describes it all is Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea. This story describes something we all go through in fringe communities: The lone person who has gone further, seen deeper, than the VAST amount of the populous, but when he or she tries to put it to words, when he or she tries to bring the big fish back to market, he or she finds there is nothing left but bones, it was devoured by sharks on the way in. It is only the very wise who see the words and realize that there was once a fish there of incredible size. Such is life. So I would say a dream where you bring a fish, intact, to the shore, is something of a blessing. Its not all of us who do.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So you saved that little suckers butt again. Did you just do something in real life to secure your son's future? Is your kid in Drivers Education? Are you literally saving his butt somehow in real life or contemplating it?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
dreaming of fish indicates money coming...so try to catch them
eta

edit on Thupm5b20155America/Chicago03 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

How old is your son? And this could be you getting a warning that your son will need you to bail him out of trouble soon.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

What would you rather your family be doing, other than fishing?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue

Water images are important to me.

Yes!

Dreams with water involved are always interesting.
Even profetic, on occasion..

Can never remember enough.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33

How old is your son? And this could be you getting a warning that your son will need you to bail him out of trouble soon.

It might except that I felt no sense of fear for him at all. If I felt any emotion, it was exasperation with my husband that he wasn't setting the hook ... until I realized he wasn't holding the pole. Then I was quickly grasped the situation and set things straight. I'm not even sure my husband was actually there aside from me yelling at him because I thought he was the one fishing.

Usually, I can tell what kind of dream it is from the emotion I have in it.

For example, in another dream I had recently, I was in the car and there was a horrific wreck in front of our car. Our car was only peripherally involved in it, and no one in our car was hurt. But I remember the feeling of sheer horror and compassion and just all around empathy I felt when I saw the disaster in front of us, and I collapsed into tears. The driver of the car I was in came around and put an arm around my shoulders and said, "It's all right. It's not your fault." And continued to comfort me.

new topics

top topics

join