It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are real truth sites being blinded to new visitors ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Azureblue

The NSA does not control global internet traffic, or routing.

There would have to be a dedicated program, by government and corporate interests like google and internet ISP's to mess with search results or otherwise block traffic from going to certain sites etc.

The likelihood of this is very low. Their success rate doing it, even lower, considering with two or three keystrokes I can route my own traffic a million different ways to bypass a million different kinds of filters.

I'm sure they'd LIKE to do that though.

~Tenth

I disagree about your assessment that it's too hard to control because there would have to be a dedicated program. Censoring the web, at your apache server level, would be very easy. A certain terminal script would do it, and could be installed without your knowing or constant monitoring of your searches by a dedicated program. Your web experience would be seamless, and look like it always has…..
LINK

If you can provide dynamic content at the server level, by interacting with the CGI ( Common Gateway Interface, or should I say, Interference? ), then you can stop it, as well. Enabling this means, necessarily, it can be stopped, as well.

LINK
tetra
edit on 27-5-2015 by tetra50 because: adding links

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Censoring the web, at your apache server level, would be very easy.

That's how China does it mostly, as far as I can tell, blocking site access and content.

But it's not simple. You don't create and then successfully run that script from your mom's basement, not on the level we are talking about. And I never disagreed they could censor the internet, I disagreed that they could shut it down with some magic button.

~Tenth
edit on 5/27/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

with two or three keystrokes I can route my own traffic a million different ways to bypass a million different kinds of filters.

teach me.... i must know

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster
Some of my just added links may give you ways to search what that process would look like and how to achieve it.

Tenth:
The OP seemed to mainly be talking about censoring, not shutting it down. Certainly censoring is a better option for anyone seeking to do this, as it doesn't alarm anyone, if it's done in a way they don't know.

I think running that script may be more easy than you think. You write the script and put it in someone's operating system without their knowing. Once it's there, you don't have to "run" it anymore…..it runs automatically.
tetra

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mmirror
They have the off switch for the internet. If this is so than they have other means to control the internet. They control what you view and also interfere with what you post. They no doubt have people online searching through what people upload and post. Whether that be youtube or forums. They are watching and blocking things depending on their objectives.

Yip. Wonder if there are sections in the military doing these kind of things.....oh yeah....they do....

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I have had an odd thing happen the last couple of months.

It used to be when I typed "ab" in the address line it would give me an autocomplete choice of abovetopsecret.com

Now all of a sudden when I type "ab" all sorts of things pop up for me to select,
but never abovetopsecret.com

I have to type it in every time and am never given it as an autocomplete option, when it is the only site that begins with ab that I visit daily and sometimes several times a day.

This is happening in both Google Chrome and in Firefox and in Explorer

I figured the autocomplete was being blocked for some reason, by someone, and have had to type it in everytime.

Don't know if this is happening to others as well.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

It used to be when I typed "ab" in the address line it would give me an autocomplete choice of abovetopsecret.com

Now all of a sudden when I type "ab" all sorts of things pop up for me to select,

I have to type it in every time and am never given it as an autocomplete option, when it is the only site that begins with ab that I visit daily and sometimes several times a day.

I figured the autocomplete was being blocked for some reason, by someone, and have had to type it in everytime.

I've had chrome crash quite a few times on me while I'm typing replies for ATS.
Might be that chrome is just crap? Idk.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sites that are there but we can't see them.
Reminds me of the mosquito. Yes mosquito. The male does not bite people or drink blood. The have a loud buzz when they fly. The female drinks blood but flies with little or no buzz. So if you hear a mosquito flying in your room at night it's a male who can't bite you. But if you hear nothing.....

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Sites that are there but we can't see them.
Reminds me of the mosquito. Yes mosquito. The male does not bite people or drink blood. The have a loud buzz when they fly. The female drinks blood but flies with little or no buzz. So if you hear a mosquito flying in your room at night it's a male who can't bite you. But if you hear nothing.....

Exactly, lol. A great description and "natural" example of what I was saying….
second
tetra50

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: grandmakdw

I've had chrome crash quite a few times on me while I'm typing replies for ATS.
Might be that chrome is just crap? Idk.

It is not just happening on Chrome, also on Firefox which I use the majority of the time, and Explorer too.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Most likely yeah, because the internet can easily fracture your entire lifes hard work and beliefs in a sentence lol were really good at doing that to the n00bs lol

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

This post is most likely out of date now that the patriot act expired.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join