It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting aircraft type things to see in California.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

originally posted by: Imagewerx
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok thanks again Zaph,I'll definitely take a look.

So are there any other suggestions please,any random Lockheed Constellations converted into roadside diners etc?

Just sneak into Area 51 for us and take pictures since the movie made it look so easy lol. Just close enough for pics.

With a perimeter that long,surely they can't be watching ALL of it?

Thats what the sensor net is for.

link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Thanks,I will and I will.

link   

Bugger,I only miss it by a week

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

I won't.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Pix or you never went Zaph. I'll be checking up on you after the event to make sure stuff gets posted.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I here ya on the crowded "ghost town", the first time I went to bodie, it was packed. But the then went by there after it closed and was getting dark, man that was creepy, but really cool.
As far as the "hills have eyes " go, that would be Sweetwater mine and the bad dreams motel mine, in the gold country, or the abandoned New Idra mercury mine in the coast range. Tweaker creepy for sure.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

If I'm lucky there might be some good stuff that I'll taunt the hell out of you guys with and never post.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Sure Zaph, Sure. Everybody knows Red Flag only has some old 5-15's and F-16's participating. No way there would be something else more exciting there.

Wait....you're not saying that the Gen 6 F-37D will be participating? I've heard about the F-37D and the RQ-195. Pix or you never went Zaph.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Isn't the Spruce Goose in Cali?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Where did I say I was only going to Nellis?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

SO you are going to the unveiling of the RX-270c. No wonder you can't show the pictures. I heard it looks like two tr-3b's combined and has a gyroscopic magnetic field disruptor.

Oh man, I'm jealous. I heard they are going to give rides in the thing to all the spectators with the right credentials that show up.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

I'll definitely try to get to at least one ghost town while I'm there.Don't think I'll have the time for Bodie on this trip though.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Isn't the Spruce Goose in Cali?

It used to be next to the Queen Mary in Long Beach harbour,now it's apparantly been moved to the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinville Oregon.Apparantly they also have a waterpark there with a waterslide that starts inside a Boeing 747!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Interesting story behind the Evergreen 747's and the connection Evergreen had to the CIA.

www.wired.com...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Thanks for that little read,I always thought of Evergreen as some two-bit cargo airline.I didn't realise they had their fingers in so many different pies.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Just to throw my 2 cents in:

* West Gate Edwards AFB has a static display called the "Century Circle" with F-100, F-101, F-102, F-104, F-105, and F-106.
Long drive for not a lot to see, but the Voodoo was quite eye-opening to me. That's one hell of an aircraft. (Free)

* Science Center in Los Angeles has the Space-Shuttle-For-Crying-Out-Loud... Huge. Plus a static A-12 Blackbird outside, and the F-20, and T-38 inside, PLUS all sorts of space modules (Gemeni II!!!!!), and satellites from the 50s-60s. (Free for the Museum, but a nominal fee for the Endeavor)

* Pt. Mugu NAWS has a small static display outside with an F-4, an F-14, and a ton of cold-war era missiles. (Free)

* Camarillo airport has a wing of the CAF. Funky little museum, but a couple of oddities there. A Spitfire Mk XIV, an F8F, one of the few flying Japanese Zeros left, one of the few flying F6F, PBJ B-25, Yak-3, P-51. (nominal entrance fee - if you feel like spending money they do war-bird rides....which tend to fly over my house!)

The other advantage (?) of any of these is their proximity to working bases, so you occasionally see some odd birds flying around. Mugu flies the E-2C Hawkeye, so that's a common sight around here. Plus the occasional 'pointy' plane such as the F/A-18, and if you're really lucky something in 'aggressor' livery. There's an ANG Air Mobility wing nearby too, so lots of fat transport aircraft there. Edwards you are almost guaranteed to see F-16s, and some other aircraft, but mostly as a dot in the distance.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1

Soooooooooooooo..........

Edwards................Forget it.

Science Centre.........Definitely.

Point Mugu..............Maybe as a drive along the PCH is likely.

Camarillo airport......It would be rude not to.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Planes of Fame Air Museum in Chino. Another awesome place.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Benzer

Indeed. Just missed the F-22 demonstration there.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benzer

Planes of Fame Air Museum in Chino. Another awesome place.

Thank you for that,I'll definitely try to take a look here.Especially as the first photo I clicked on Google Earth was of a Mig 15 landing there.

Edit............I see they even have a boneyard there which should be interesting.
edit on 29-5-2015 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join