It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P-8 in action keeping an eye on China.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Roger that. I didn't realize that's what they were up too. Thought see were natural isles. I take it that's where the "new islands in the South China Sea"' comes In.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
All your bases now belong to us....Expansion by creation...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

WFT. If you wont ill figure it out myself To be free from flies.
edit on 22-5-2015 by Summer7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2015 by Summer7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

That must be where that meme came from.

The pilot listening over the radio, " I'm sure that's what he said, all your base are belong to us, no really".

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I think the Chinese PLA have arrived in this forum to harass us about there little islands.

No really Summer7, do go on.......
LOL!

LEE.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Imagewerx

Say you fly into a new area, under military control. What frequency are my radios set to? How do I know what yours are set to?

Guard is used to get attention in military intercepts or when flying into an MOA.

I know they always have one VHF radio on 121.5 at all times,but assumed you'd get sternly told off for using the emergency channel for anything other than emergencies in the same way as you do on CB radio.

I'd get my Jeppesen charts out and find out what the local upper airways frequency is and monitor that until they want to talk to me,or even give them a courtesy call first even if they are in international airspace.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

No it's standard practice to use Guard for things like this. You KNOW the aircraft is up on Guard. You could spend days going over all the frequencies only to find they're not on any of them.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
hey Zap...maybe the Chinese navy is instructed to warn off anyone approaching their airspace, regardless if the individual captain knows that it is no threat...maybe the higher ups have punished their own captains for NOT doing so...maybe this is just a "cover your ass" on the Chinese navies part

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

They've set up an ADIZ in that area where they're building the islands. It's outside their EEZ and overlaps other ADIZ, but they announced it a few months ago.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Another longer video of the flight from inside the P-8. Gives excellent views of the optics the P-8 are using and the island development:

edit on 23-5-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Having worked with Chinese before,great guys who like to drink gamble and party (their new year feasts are awsome).Outstanding workers but give them a complex task to achieve and it all falls apart.Why their universities are going crazy about sending them to western nations to gather up information.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I could go on for hours about their style of education system and how it has really hurt their work force in being able to think outside the box.
They do some things exceptionally well but innovation and right brain creativity, not so much. I think they also recognize this and the more well off families will spend the money to send their children to Western schools to "break the mold" so to speak.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join