It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fighter jets with lasers are closer than you might think.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Or other types of beams.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I know NOTHING there...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Or other types of beams.
Don't be so cryptic, what other kind of beams?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Kinds that are really really classified and accidentally kill observers during tests.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I am but a well read Cavalry Scout I don't actually KNOW that.
Suspicions are everywhere but I heard about most of it on THIS forum AND Zaph here ,who sits in his cockpit giggling alot.
edit on 22-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
What comes next, force shields or warp drive? I feel like I live in an episode of Star Trek now. On another note the Romulan Ale is paarticularly good this evening.

well actually there is a force shield of sorts in dev. it degrades shockwaves of explosions.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Just to add to that statement:
www.cnet.com...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Power production is the key here with Lasers and other beam tech..Getting more bang for your buck..

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

They say the military industrial complex is 50 years ahead of anything we can imagine...I believe we've already got them mounted and functional, and have had for a long, long time created in the "black projects".

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Thank you, but if it were parallel let us say, would it just...run out of energy? Or more to the point, if it were aimed slightly downwards, I assume it would be at light speed or near enough, would it hold power many many miles from the event? Could it randomly just blast a hole through a person in another country from the theatre in which it is engaged?
You can tell I have no real clue here.

A laser is just light, usually in the infrared spectrum.

Think of a magnifying glass but in a straight line and more powerful.

If they miss, depending on many variables yes it could just fry a person on the ground.

But not say from newyork to Europe.

The laser would dissipate in the atmosphere before then.

But yes in a couple hundred miles, it is possible.

But the way the guidance system for laser weapons doesn't really miss.

It locks in with a tracking laser, then using less powerful lasers in a circle around the main laser shoots and opens a pathway through the atmosphere for the target and the main laser fires and the blink of an eye, it open up a fuel tank or engine.

The lasers all fire almost immediately when the tracking laser locks.

The time it takes for light to get to you from him is so small, even if you made a snap jink move, as soon as the targetying laser licked on you ,it would be to slow to matter.
edit on 22-5-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Thank you, but if it were parallel let us say, would it just...run out of energy? Or more to the point, if it were aimed slightly downwards, I assume it would be at light speed or near enough, would it hold power many many miles from the event? Could it randomly just blast a hole through a person in another country from the theatre in which it is engaged?
You can tell I have no real clue here.

A laser is just light, usually in the infrared spectrum.

Think of a magnifying glass but in a straight line and more powerful.

If they miss, depending on many variables yes it could just fry a person on the ground.

But not say from newyork to Europe.

The laser would dissipate in the atmosphere before then.

But yes in a couple hundred miles, it is possible.

But the way the guidance system for laser weapons doesn't really miss.

It locks in with a tracking laser, then using less powerful lasers in a circle around the main laser shoots and opens a pathway through the atmosphere for the target and the main laser fires and the blink of an eye, it open up a fuel tank or engine.

The lasers all fire almost immediately when the tracking laser locks.

The time it takes for light to get to you from him is so small, even if you made a snap jink move, as soon as the targetying laser licked on you ,it would be to slow to matter.

I summed all that up with "click,fire,and slagged earlier. lol.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
What comes next, force shields or warp drive? I feel like I live in an episode of Star Trek now. On another note the Romulan Ale is paarticularly good this evening.

A quote from Mr. Ben Rich of Lockheed`s Skunk Works division

“Jim, we have things out in the desert that are fifty (50) years beyond what you could possibly comprehend. If you have seen it on Star Wars or Star Trek, we’ve been there done that, or decided it was not worth the effort”
(Source: direct comments by Ben Rich to Jim Goodall via telephone call at the USC medical center approximately one week before Ben passed away on January 5th 1995)

www.secretprojects.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Don Phillips pretty much said same thing in the Disclosure Project..

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
there have been some technical developments that greatly mitigate the effects o moisture in the atmosphere. these developments also mean the same laser system can shoot further for the same amount of energy. the same development also means a particle beam is actually even more helped than a Laser system.

For a particle beam a guide laser creates a vacuum channel for the particle beam to travel down and the particle beams tendency to repel itself apart is countered by the air molecules around the beam squeezing the particle beam and keeping it from blooming. Thus a particle beam is better in the atmosphere than in empty space. longer range. more hitting power.

For a Laser weapon the new tech has two parts: First there is a guide beam that creates a vacuum channel. Secondly there is a bracketing set of guide beams that by virtue of their magnetic and electrical field components perform the function of keeping the beam coherent and tightly spaced. So even if the weapon beam is of modest energy the range is greatly extended and most of the energy makes it to the target.

other developments such as fiber optic, slab lasers and a couple of other things mean more power can be put into a laser than could be before *AND* the cooling system requirements are greatly reduced such that it can fit in 1/4 to 1/3 or even less of the normal required mass and real estate for the cooling system is done away with. Additionally since these are solid state; you don't need reagent/fuel pumps, plumbing, tanks and the related control circuitry.

all of these developments mean it is quite possible to put a real honest to God, burn a hole through a hardened target at a reasonable range, sci-fi promised Laser on fighter sized airplane.
edit on 22-5-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
LM apparently has or believes they soon will have a fusion generator that will fit in a truck, so I imagine it would also fit in a plane, and be able to power some pretty impressive lasers.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
ive always wondered why jets or planes dont have a hot laser on the tip burnings in a straght line ahead of the plane, when you have a straght laser in your own path exiting particles, pushing them aside sort of speak might reduce resistance met in air or space.... if you push matter out of the way with high temperatures we might create space material in front of our planes.... meaning less particles per million in the same airspace in front of your plane...ah well.... well be folding space in notime.... maybe 3 lasers would be better, aiming all 3 at a focal point in front of the plane or craft heating the position in space or airspace... where the nose will cut thrue for certain. when this point in space is super heated, local already there matter would be pressed aside.
edit on 23-5-2015 by dennisarends because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dennisarends

I believe the Stealth Bomber uses similar technology already using Plasma.
edit on 23-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

oke i will read in to that, very interesting idea, i knew i couldnt be first with this heheh...
so simple yet... where is it... if you can provide some links if you have that would be great,
thanks for your input. and if this craft does it, its time to put in on space craft

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Power demands would also need to be more tightly controlled in a fighter or your avionics could either fry or deplete your battery supply rather quickly.In combat timing is everything so having to wait for a shot to recharge while fighting off an aggressive adversary would be rather sphincter tightening.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dennisarends
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

oke i will read in to that, very interesting idea, i knew i couldnt be first with this heheh...
so simple yet... where is it... if you can provide some links if you have that would be great,
thanks for your input. and if this craft does it, its time to put in on space craft

There is no air in space so I don't imagine it would do much. I guess Google Plasma Stealth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join