It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus taught Pacifism (there is never an excuse for violence/war)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

My condolences for your having to read the book.You’ll get better.Your blasphemy is dually noted.You will be forgiven (freed from bondage) when the remnants of religion fall out of your head.You can thank God they are almost gone.

I haven't actually read the book since about 1992.

I doubt that the remnants of religion ever will fall out of my head. Best I can hope for now is to ascertain what it is that religion provides for people, including myself, and perhaps, just maybe, insert something that doesn't have bad side-effects.

Unfortunately the duplicitous Jesus is running around in a couple billion people head wreaking havoc and “loving” them to death.

People do sometimes exhibit an amazing ability to keep their demons in check. We aren't really as wrecked as we could be by a long shot.

Hope and Love ( I'll leave faith out for fear it will be misunderstood )

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I was talking about the sister of Abinadab and Amnon, the daughter who was raped by her brother and the other brother killing him for it.

Two different scenes:

Tamar feeding the cakes with her hand.
Tamar, weeping, tearing the sleeves off.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Oh Lawd!!….please don’t let me be misunderstood .

For all of the cacophony of religion it still serves a purpose.It gives people that cannot perceive truth, hope.It compels people that by their character are not prone to good acts of morals and ethics to do so and constrains them to not act out their true character.In other words .Religion is like organic fertilizer(loaded with crap) for when the soil lack the nutrients provided by nitrogen,potassium phosphorus.

Yahoshua said rhetorically to the disciples in the preamble to the explanation of the parable of the seeds sown in the soils “ If you do not understand this parable how will you understand any of the parables”.It obviously takes a lot of # and the right amounts to grow a good plant that the seed was sown in infertile soil.

What is even more compelling is the mystery numbers 30,60,100 fold.The conjecture of what they mean is almost laughable with all the “mystic religion” explanations when in fact it is a Fibonacci number sequence.The fact is everything grows in a Fibonacci number sequence!!It is exhibited in DNA,vascular system, leaves, branching systems,spiral galaxies etc etc etc..!!Its all there plain as can be but the religious carnal mind has to mysticize it.

I leave you to ponder the mystery of the universe….(no it is not the number 42)

0-1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-55-89-?
2-1-3-4-7-11-18-29-47-76-123-199-?

edit on 24-5-2015 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: WarminIndy

I was talking about the sister of Abinadab and Amnon, the daughter who was raped by her brother and the other brother killing him for it.

Two different scenes:

Tamar feeding the cakes with her hand.
Tamar, weeping, tearing the sleeves off.

Now THAT is juxtaposition and a good scene.

I like it.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

True enough Jesus was a pacifist but i doubt he would be against legitimate self defense.

Jesus would probably come up with different options and strategies and then if all fails. Self defense.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join