It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In our democracy, the depth of your pocket should not dictate the volume of your voice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Not many details about the bill, but it sounds like a really bad thing.

Government bureaucrats funding their own campaigns with tax payers' money?

It's a huge flaw in democracy that government employees are allowed to vote (since they can just vote themselves more of everything). Now we have the government trying to tilt the voting system even further in their favor.

I know a lot of you haters hate free speech, but free enterprise having some mechanism to try to influence their overlords is actually good.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: jacobe001

You can't say contributions by one group is bad, but contributions by another group is ok. You are being hypocritical which is my point. I don't care for lobbying of any kind by special interests. Many of you are just mad that conservative special interest may out spend liberal special interest.

The ability to buy our government is wrong period and there is no partisan bent to it since both Parties in DC answer to the same donors and it is not the majority of Americans. Big Banks and Big Corporations.

Someone tried to claim that Citizens United gave Corporations the ability to fight back against the billions being thrown out there.
Fight back against who? They already own the government. It gave them even more power is all.

Most Americans are living paycheck to paycheck so the billions is not coming from them.
It is coming from the +1% that already own the government. The wealthy are fighting against each other and no matter who wins, the majority of Americans lose. It needs to stop.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join