It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works Is Cooking Up A Revolution In Drone Technology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Missiles can't. The missile launches a kill vehicle when it gets close to the incoming missile. The kill vehicle is what actually hits the other missile. A kill vehicle is much more maneuverable than a missile.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Jukiodone

They ran into issues and killed it around that time. To mount multiple kill vehicles they were so light they probably wouldn't kill anything even with a direct hit.

Yep and yep.. However, some of those demonstrated technologies in that program were taken offline and further developed and put to use in other [still] 'black' world bits

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Interesting read on drones and drone swarm tech. and the ways the AF plan to implement them:

defensetech.org...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman
Looks like its just an extension of CHAFF and bomblette tech.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
Interesting read on drones and drone swarm tech. and the ways the AF plan to implement them:

defensetech.org...

There is a thread on here about LOCUST

I love the way they make project names from acronyms, LOw Cost Unmanned Swarming Technology.

We had a really tough boss a few years ago, a really tough ass, borderline bully but he got results, in a meeting he said there was a program called [i forget the name but its initials were C R A P].

My mate Phil as quick as a flash said to him, thats CR AP - well the boss when bright red, bawled at Phil, what the hell did you just say and Phils goes, CR AP - and read him the name!

Sorry its not the same without the actual name but imagine 30 people in the room going silent when Phil tells the madman what he just said is CR AP.

Ahh good times!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join