It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you make of this one?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Not sure what to make of this one...

I was driving a car, and pulling out of a parking lot onto a semi-busy one way street. On the corner where the parking lot and street met were a few small children playing. I would guess their ages at about 5-7. As I approached the stop sign to turn right, one of the kids was in the way and darted out into the road to avoid me. This little girl then got hit by a fast moving car.

She didn't die or get seriously injured, but she was crying and I felt horrible. If I hadn't pulled up to turn out of the parking lot, she wouldn't have felt the need to dart out into the road away from me. I mean, she could have moved another, safer direction ...

I had some lucid ability, as I didn't want the girl hurt or dead, so I made sure in the dream that she wasn't (I have the ability to exert some control over my dreams).

I'm just not to sure what the significance of this was. Guilt? Premonition of something? Fear or something?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It could mean that you are worried about some action you have been pondering and the effects it could have on other people in your life. This dream sounds like a worry dream.

Just remember, you are only in control of your actions, not the actions of others to you.
edit on 21-5-2015 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You were on your way (somewhere) that you needed to be, and as a result of your responsibilities/life circumstances your path crossed hers and as a result this is just something that occurred out of happenstance. Maybe you have been subconsciously feeling guilty about something you shouldn't.

I would interpret it as perhaps you are placing too much of a burden on yourself and feeling guilty for something you shouldn't.

Because it was a little girl I would say that you feel that you have unwittingly contributed to difficulties for someone else, someone you care about or think highly of.

If you have a niece or anyone like that in your life that you think you haven't spent enough time with lately (or maybe you had to miss their birthday party for example?), maybe that is part of it.

I hope you find the answers you're looking for
edit on 21-5-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Right. The thing is, I don't have any big decisions or big changes/plans in my life right now....

This is what's so weird about this. It was one of those very visceral dreams that sticks with you after waking up.

I can't even describe the horror I felt as I saw her run into the road, then get hit and tossed like a rag doll...I'm just glad I was able to manipulate things to keep her from serious harm/death.

It's to bad I don't have lucid powers in normal reality.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thanks!

No...I don't have any nieces or relatives...

I'm racking my brain trying to think of guilt I may be carrying around. Nothing comes off the top of my head, but that isn't surprising. If it were obvious it wouldn't be bleeding through into my subconscious dreams.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It could be your sub conscience alerting you to the need to always look out for and protect children. I was involved in a similar experience in real life. I was on Highway 19 in Saint Pete. It's a very busy 6-lane highway with a "chicken Lane" in the center.

One girl around 14 or 15 had two small children with her and was waiting to cross. The car in front of me (in left lane) stopped and waved them on. As they started across the road I looked in my passenger side mirror and saw a car doing around 50 that I knew was not going to stop.

I told my partner to hang on and turned into its path. The children were unharmed but I had to pay for everything and I could not have cared less.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Maybe you are reading to much into it, but then again...

If i'm not dreaming about mushroom clouds, I'm dreaming of tsunamis, missing the bus or missing teeth.

The missing of the bus I can understand-that's probably my subconscious telling me that I'm about to miss an oppurtunity. But the Mushroom clouds? they terrify me and I genuinely feel depressed when I wake from those dreams.

There could be an underlying reason for your dreams. Money problems, health or personal issues...I'm the last person to ask about dreams but I believe our conscious problems manifest as terrible dreams at times.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

A shot in the dark ...

Someone you care about has a substance abuse problem. You'd like to help, but you don't know what to do. You foresee their problem getting worse.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The road is your direction in life. Look at the road carefully. Is it rocky? Is it straight? Is it narrow? In your case, you are headed for a crossroads in your life. Be careful and aware.

Children represent playfulness, spontaneity, joy and openness. It can also mean unresolved issues from your childhood or an emotional cleansing and reevaluation of things in your past.

You have the control. As you journey through the next phase of your life, enjoy the playfulness, have joy and openness, but be aware that things can change in a heartbeat, so stay vigilant and always use the spirit of a sound mind.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Interesting...

Can't say anyone close to me ATM has a substance abuse problem (that I know of). It has been 9 months since I've had a drink though.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I should have asked-are you are lucid dreamer?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Semi-lucid dreamer.

I know that I'm dreaming, but I never really take control. I let events "happen" and sometimes exert some control if I need to. If something is going badly or in a direction I don't want it to -- I'll make sure it doesn't.

I don't run around like superman though.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I understand; Lucid dreaming is a double edge sword.

Only you can interpret your dreams, if you dedicate some time to decipher the meaning for yourself you could find the answer, after all it is you that is dreaming and nobody else. Or maybe there is no answer and it's just your brains way of "shutting down" for the night.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This sounds like a responsibility-anxiety dream.
Have you taken on more responsibility in your life lately...or are you worried about a job or being able to meet responsibilities?

Little children or animals being in danger in a dream (even generic ones) can represent a fear of placing those who depend upon you, in a vulnerable position.
edit on 21-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am wondering what is the use of being able to manipulate your dream such that the girl was okay? I would think that in order to understand the dream completely, you would want to see it play out as your subconscious mind had been doing.

Wouldn't having the ability to change the course of a dream change the outcome of the analysis applied to the dream afterwards, or, do you take this change into account and analyze it based on the probable result of the child having been killed but knowing that in your kind heart, you did what you could within the parameters of that dream to save her?

I am just curious about the lucid dreaming and such. I know sometimes people on ATS have mentioned dreams where X happened and a lot of responses include the "you should have asked Y about such and such". I can understand seeking answers in your dreams but to engage and possibly transform the dream, where does that really leave you in terms of understanding?

BTW: The dream you have presented with the saving of the girl and all if I analyze it as such I would think that someone familiar to you may have a breakdown and you may unknowingly cause them to break out of it and save themselves.

---
Now, who can you think of that may be on the verge of in need or desperation? Family, Friend, a co-worker, someone you chit chat with regularly like a grocery clerk or barista? You never know until you "know" that is why life is always interesting for me because any one of my little gestures, like a smile or a hand-out or simply helping someone just because, could be changing the very fabric of those lives I interact with. In your dream, perhaps a regular interaction is about to come crashing into a situation that you've somehow revealed and then helped to solve for someone you may or may not know well.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I read somewhere once that in some dreams, each person within it represents some 'aspect' of the dreamer...

You might try thinking about what part of 'you' the little girl could represent.

Is there a part of you that has 'taken a knock' because of an action that the 'driving force' part of you took?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I found out later yesterday that I may have to accept a very...difficult person onto my team at work. This person has a history of not getting along with others and not respecting authority. Basically, this person's manager is jumping for joy at the prospect of me taking them off their hands.

I wonder if that event was tied into the the previous night's dream somehow...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I believe something like the office situation you've related could absolutely result in a dream such as your's.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Stay alert and aware at this time. Use caution while driving. Nurture your inner child. Mercury is retrograde in Gemini...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Will do, I'm going home tonight and play the heck out of my PS4!

Inner child, you get to have some fun!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join