It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corruption - In Your Face Proof

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Yes I know it is New Jersey and as such is just about where corruption was invented (New York can give us a run for the money) but this is just about as big a Sailor's Salute a politician can give the people of his state:

www.northjersey.com...

As one of only the two remaining states where pumping your own gas remains illegal this sellout stands up on NJ101.5 and declares that he doesn't care what the people of NJ want, he will never allow the bill to end this to be brought up for a vote. The fact that one paid sellout has been given the power to pull off such an insult to taxpayers is further evidence that the Garden State is arguably the northbound end of a southbound horse.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I thought this was a joke at first, NJ residents cannot pump their own gas? It is hard to believe one man can cause so much disruption to the Legislative process. Instead of being public servants, some of these people think it is their Right to do whatever they want. Sad, very sad.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BennyHavensOh
Yes I know it is New Jersey and as such is just about where corruption was invented (New York can give us a run for the money) but this is just about as big a Sailor's Salute a politician can give the people of his state:

www.northjersey.com...

As one of only the two remaining states where pumping your own gas remains illegal this sellout stands up on NJ101.5 and declares that he doesn't care what the people of NJ want, he will never allow the bill to end this to be brought up for a vote. The fact that one paid sellout has been given the power to pull off such an insult to taxpayers is further evidence that the Garden State is arguably the northbound end of a southbound horse.

What a strange bill. I had no idea there were still places that even HAD station attendants. Seems like a really stupid thing to even be coming up for a vote.

So backwards.....just really a bit baffling. I know attendants were used a long time ago, but I am in my late 30's and can't recall a time when my parents didn't pump their own gas at the station. Seems I recall a station in another small town when I was between 5-10 years old that someone did pump our gas and I asked about it, but other than that, I thought this was a non-issue a LONG time ago....

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BennyHavensOh

I honestly had no idea any State had restrictions on self-service gas pumps! Thanks for the eye opener. WOW. There are no words.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I too had no idea. Here in CA, they stopped attendants decades ago. Precious few, if any, left.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind having some New Jersey gas prices here in PA.
A couple of weeks ago, I went to Point Pleasant to go out fishing, and the gas price was $2.03/gallon for regular.... $2.70 for regular in PA at the same time. And they have to pump it for you, imagine how low it would be if they didn't have to pay a guy to pump it.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
A long time ago when you went to get gas someone would come out pump your gas, check your oil and wash all your windows. Then self serve came and to save a couple cents per gallon you could pump it yourself. Pretty soon that was all the stations and then...

The price went back up to the full service price and you got no service and you were just stuck with it.

Why in the world would you want to pump your own gas if you didn't have to?
edit on Thu May 21st, 2015 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

A lot of times there is a long wait because many stations have only a few attendants. Also as a motorcyclist and a year round one at that, we all pump our own gas anyway so it seems silly that the four wheelers cannot. If the argument is that gas pumping creates good jobs at $9 buck an hour, keep in mind that most of these are less than 30 hours a week with no bennies so the whopping $10k a year in one of the most expensive states to live in will allow you to live at the homeless level.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm in the uk, and I do not know of anywhere that uses attendents, even back in the old days when they did have attendents most would let you pump your own.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

The real travesty here is that the option to have an attendant would still exist but motorists would have a choice. Sweeny is notorious here in NJ as a billionaire sellout who will probably be anointed as our next governor and now he has the nerve to tell the whole state to STFU because he is working his way to man-god. I guess it is just the way it works in a state where the thieves have stolen far more money than there actually is and we now stand at the edge of the bankruptcy abyss. I am confident that Sweeny will be sure that we all go over the edge before he does.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
A long time ago when you went to get gas someone would come out pump your gas, check your oil and wash all your windows. Then self serve came and to save a couple cents per gallon you could pump it yourself. Pretty soon that was all the stations and then...

The price went back up to the full service price and you got no service and you were just stuck with it.

Why in the world would you want to pump your own gas if you didn't have to?

It reminds me of the self checkout lines at the grocery store.
The stores needed fewer checkout clerks and could save you money if you rang your groceries up yourself.
The reality for me is that I get cheaper groceries at Aldi.... where they have no self checkout. Go figure.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Whats wrong with a full service gas station .Once upon a time that was the norm. On a fill up they would check the oil and other fluid levels and clean the windshield. The only reason this country went to self-service was to cut down on costs (i.e. employees) . Now the stations make so much more on the bottom line. And the customer does everything they used to provide for free. I would like to see that law in my state.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The issue is not full service or self service, it is that for decades a vast majority of New Jersey's population has been pressing the lawmakers to give us the option and after all this time when a bill is finally put together to give the voters what they have been screaming for for decades, one politician stands up and says "No I won't let you". THAT is the problem.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Always pick your fights well . Sometimes when you win ,you lose .

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Agreed, though there is no winning when it come to Trenton, it is one of the most corrupt, rotten collection of sellout scum out there. I keep my battles within my Township where small town government still can work from time to time.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
While I appreciate full service there is zero reason to have a law on the books mandating full service at gas stations. This law was probably passed with the backing of the gas station retailers back in the day as a payoff of some sort. It is no different how car dealers got laws passed outlawing direct sales by manufacturers and on Sundays.

If a gas station wants to offer full service, they should be free to do so. Here in Chicago, there is a gas station downtown that offers full service for extra. The vast majority of customers though pump their own gas.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Moving on to National corruption, is anyone out there ok with this line of BS?

rt.com...

new topics

top topics

join