It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Data Reveals No Global Warming Polar Ice Retreat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Pile another one onto the argument that our most respected institutions can't get it right.

Oops!

Updated data from NASA satellite instruments reveal the Earth’s polar ice caps have not receded at all since the satellite instruments began measuring the ice caps in 1979. Since the end of 2012, moreover, total polar ice extent has largely remained above the post-1979 average. The updated data contradict one of the most frequently asserted global warming claims – that global warming is causing the polar ice caps to recede.

While I do believe that the climate is changing, I certainly don't believe any government or privately funded conclusions as to the reason why. I especially don't believe politicians when the talk about climate change, taxes and carbon credits in the same breath.

Sure would be great if science could be conducted without ulterior motives.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Pile another one onto the argument that our most respected institutions can't get it right.

Oops!

Updated data from NASA satellite instruments reveal the Earth’s polar ice caps have not receded at all since the satellite instruments began measuring the ice caps in 1979. Since the end of 2012, moreover, total polar ice extent has largely remained above the post-1979 average. The updated data contradict one of the most frequently asserted global warming claims – that global warming is causing the polar ice caps to recede.

While I do believe that the climate is changing, I certainly don't believe any government or privately funded conclusions as to the reason why. I especially don't believe politicians when the talk about climate change, taxes and carbon credits in the same breath.

Sure would be great if science could be conducted without ulterior motives.

Will read in a moment , but did they give a reason for the variance in their statements ? Is it possible it changed due to more people looking at the data ? A more informed populace that had rather look at information and not just blindly go on a politician's word ? And the UN's word ? Perhaps (and I am just saying) the GW crowd that was donating to NASAs other projects(ahem) the money may be drying up as this thing loses veracity and popularity ? Yes the climate is changing . Could we just be going through one of the Earth's normal cycles. This is what I believe more than anything.

edit on 20-5-2015 by Gothmog because: to correct post

edit on 20-5-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Come now...believe your government! They wouldn't lie to you in the interest of driving profit to those in the "Green" industry they created, now would they?

+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The article is parroting the original source, which is Forbes: www.forbes.com...

You know, the same Forbes who said that Exxon is the "most valuable company in the World": www.forbes.com...

I am the first to criticize the AGW church. But, I don't want to built hypothesis on biased fact sources. Is there any neutral source to confirm the statements of the article?

edit on 20-5-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

The billions of tax dollars that were dumped into the "green" companies was wasted as all have either went bankrupt or are very close. Thanks Obama.

+6 more 
posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Oh look an article quoting writer from Forbes - a notoriously anti-climate change even happening source. Good job.

He rather glosses over the fact that the distribution of sea ice has been changing.

It is trending upwards in the Southern Hemisphere:

It is trending downwards in the Northern Hemisphere:

Ignorance passed off as disproving warming happening - pathetic.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Precisely.

+3 more 
posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Any more neutral source?

Nope! There's no such thing anymore. One man's truth is on other's bull s**t.

+6 more 
posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

You can find a source to suit every opinion. The facts are blurred intentionally at the behest of......?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ahem! Or woman's....

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Nope! There's no such thing anymore. One man's truth is on other's bull s**t.

No, the source is just plain bull#.

It claims 'updated' NASA data. Two problems:

A) It's not updated.
B) It's not NASA data.

See: the source where you can find that pretty little TOTAL ICE EXTENT (ie: northern AND southern hemispheres) graph. You will also see this:

Snow and ice data provided by the National Center for Environmental Prediction/NOAA

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Every time the subject comes up that the numbers or models have either changed or were not correct in the first place , you have less and less people coming out and debating the issue. Now the response is "thats not accurate" or "those havent been updated" . It always reminds me of a certain propagandist minister in a certain country in history and the "Big Lie" method.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Ahem! Or woman's....

Ah, yes, a woman's too

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

So let me get this straight... you read this quote from the source in the op:

Updated data from NASA satellite instruments reveal the Earth’s polar ice caps have not receded at all

Then go to the source (a Forbes article, then the source used in that article) and see that:
(A) Sea ice in the Northern Hemisphere has been on the decline.
(B) Sea ice in the Southern Hemisphere has been on the rise.
(C) The data is not from NASA.

And what... you conclude the source in the OP is right?

+11 more 
posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The Polar Ice Caps have Not Retreated Since 1979 , that's 36 Years and Counting Now . The GLOBAL WARMING Fanatics STILL Deny the FACTS..........Chicken Little has Nothing on those Fools.......

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

So let me get this straight... you read this quote from the source in the op:

Updated data from NASA satellite instruments reveal the Earth’s polar ice caps have not receded at all

Then go to the source (a Forbes article, then the source used in that article) and see that:
(A) Sea ice in the Northern Hemisphere has been on the decline.
(B) Sea ice in the Southern Hemisphere has been on the rise.
(C) The data is not from NASA.

And what... you conclude the source in the OP is right?

Lets say this. I dont go by numbers just facts.At a rather HUGE company I used to pull statistics from several of the major departments and organize them is spreadsheets.I was the sole person to do this due to my knowledge of mathematics , statistics , probability and the knowledge of formulas. To cut this short my statement at the bottom of the emails read : If you think that a result is not correct, these are my numbers and I can do what I want with them....
Or , these numbers represent a consensus of all the tiny little voices within my head.
edit on 20-5-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Thank you!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I wish climate change would go away so we could all go save panda's, whales, and unicorns again.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Come now...believe your government! They wouldn't lie to you in the interest of driving profit to those in the "Green" industry they created, now would they?

Your sense of depravity knows no bounds!!!

Obviously our pure hearted leaders wouldn't try to talk us into making them money.

Lol sorry could keep going I was laughing so hard the tears were making it hard to see the screen.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Where's Al Gore, I want my money back.

Seriously where is he?!

Earth is stable, sun is stable, nature is stable, the universe will always be like clockwork, undisturbed.

Humanity however, very unstable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join