It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Critic Gets Sick, Now He Wants ObamaCare

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I believe Think Progress is the source

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Think Progress is the source ONLY for the statement about him changing political parties on TV. I didn't link to Think Progress. And I did link to Raw Story for the same statement. What is the problem with my source?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Single payer is awesome until you health care system gets to be as corrupt and mismanaged as your public education system or you happen to become a medical outlier with a condition that either isn't common or one that doesn't respond well to the one-size-fits all state prescribed treatment.

When that happens, you better hope you're either rich or ... well, ready to pack it in.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: ketsuko

So somehow cutting spending and taxes is going to fix our crumbling infrastructure?

It seems to me the answer is not more taxes or less taxes -- but smarter spending!

You can only spend smarter in so many ways. Ultimately we have to raise taxes.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Just that. Think Progress is the reporting source. Might as all have them as paid protesters of what ever.

All the other media outlets are parroting Think Progress.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I took from her post to mean that the federal goverment takes most of the tax money, then expects the state goverment to still fund the these madatory federal programs.

Which is a stupid situation.

The USA federal goverments wastes money as fast as they spend it. Maybe if the federal goverment reined in its spending like on wars and useless alphabet agencys the state goverments could better afford things like schools, roads and healthcare?

The problem is we can't get a good reformer into power. When we talk of budget reform we get guys like Paul Ryan or the Penny Plan and those don't solve the issue.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

It's gotta BURN when a fellow "conservative" gets bit on the ass from living by what he learned on Fox. Then he's gotta be thrown under the bus? RINO?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm sure he'll start a crowdfunding site for his medical bills. And people will support him.

The man has no one but himself to blame. Usually, the first place critics of Government run programs go to when they get into trouble is ... Government.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
I'm sure he'll start a crowdfunding site for his medical bills. And people will support him.

The man has no one but himself to blame. Usually, the first place critics of Government run programs go to when they get into trouble is ... Government.

He did, and 80% of the donations came from liberal-progressive types!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think this fella had a problem getting insurance before Obama.Care started.

Check the timelines.

Hmmm.

There's a few questions with this case.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

He is at $24,945 out of $30 right now.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

What's the news? We have no option so we do what we have to.

Breaking news people in Hiroshima allow nuclear bomb to be dropped on them. Didn't try to fight it just allowed it. Their faults. Stupid

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

When it's the only game in town what else are you going to do?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove. Objections to Obamacare are that people have to pay for other people's medical costs whether they'd like to or not, and that young people have to pay for the cost of old people's medical bills under the Obamacare system in a way that places economic strain on young middle class workers that did not exist previously. And also there is the objection that its a violation of human rights to force someone to purchase a product they are not interested in.

I oppose welfare programs including Obamacare, but I'll take them when I can get them too. I think maybe you are saying he is a hypocrite, but I'm not drawing all the connections on that either.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well, we've bailed out auto, banking, investment and insurance companies. All had more resources than this guy. Why wouldnt he expect it?

His real mistake I guess was counting himself amongst the Elite that doesnt have to live by the system. Sad awakening, I am sure, realizing you are one of us instead of one of them. We at least have known all along we arent of the Elite political class.

Enough crankiness from me. I am sad to hear of his health issues, and hope he can get the treatment he needs despite not being enrolled.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am all for some kind of socialized medicine, but that doesn't mean Obamacare is the answer. Education and health care should be a right, but the problem is always in the implementation and who pays.

So you think that services others have to provide to you ought to be your personal right to have?

White land owners used to think they had a right to free farm labor too.

I was speaking to the general idea of people receiving the health care they need as a good thing and probably the right thing as well. I also suggested that the devil is in the details. I don't know how to implement it or pay for it and that is why I said that in my post.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hahahahaha. He refuses to get insurance, and then it's the Republicans fault.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
So he blames everyone but himself?

Wow, when he changed parties he went all the way, didn't he?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: ketsuko

So somehow cutting spending and taxes is going to fix our crumbling infrastructure?

It seems to me the answer is not more taxes or less taxes -- but smarter spending!

Like smaller Government...

So this guy is stupid, but what do we say about the millions of poor that think they got health insurance and then find out it doesn't really kick in until they pay out of pocket about 6,000 to 12,000 per year. I'm sure they all got a medical nest egg to pay for that...lol

We should call it catastrophic insurance not health insurance...

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

You can only spend smarter in so many ways. Ultimately we have to raise taxes.

Hopefully one day we can be just like Greece...

So it seems your system has a perpetual tax increase to work, where do we stop, 35%, 50% 75% 100%?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join