It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Critic Gets Sick, Now He Wants ObamaCare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is a prime example of the pigheadedness of people as the article speaks.

In this corporate world Obamacare is the best we can get within the boundaries of what is humane

GOP philosophy IS NOT HUMANE

And their followers are just intelligence challenged and stubborn

So a guy like this experiences what the plan is trying to stop and admits the error of his thinking

The cost of health care makes it imperative the nation have some kind of affordable national health insurance for all.

As we have car insurance for all

I prefer single payer but the system we have with the GOP mentality of selfishness and ignorance, and the corporate democrats like Obama precludes single payer at this time until the people demand it.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: ketsuko

So somehow cutting spending and taxes is going to fix our crumbling infrastructure?

It seems to me the answer is not more taxes or less taxes -- but smarter spending!

I took from her post to mean that the federal goverment takes most of the tax money, then expects the state goverment to still fund the these madatory federal programs.

Which is a stupid situation.

The USA federal goverments wastes money as fast as they spend it. Maybe if the federal goverment reined in its spending like on wars and useless alphabet agencys the state goverments could better afford things like schools, roads and healthcare?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I am all for some kind of socialized medicine, but that doesn't mean Obamacare is the answer. Education and health care should be a right, but the problem is always in the implementation and who pays.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So what is this article supposedly trying to prove?

Health insurance was available, at a cheaper rate, before obamacare.

Here's a crazy thought, how about Americans stop subsidizing the cost of healthcare for the rest of the world.

Maybe we should consider the overpopulation problem, in a world of scarce resources, when debating mandatory... I mean 'free' healthcare for all. This is simply a ploy to drain more of citizen's resources, we are now subsidizing more and more. How long until the cost of health insurance is more than the average income? I believe insurance costs rose around 20% this year, how much has average income raised?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am all for some kind of socialized medicine, but that doesn't mean Obamacare is the answer. Education and health care should be a right, but the problem is always in the implementation and who pays.

Yeah even us in the EU laugh at obamacare.

You really got lumbered with a turd.

If there was a worse way Obama could of reformed healthcare Id hate to have seen it.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

So somehow cutting spending and taxes is going to fix our crumbling infrastructure?

It seems to me the answer is not more taxes or less taxes -- but smarter spending!

The tax cuts were an attempt to stimulate the economy. You cut taxes in an attempt to lure in more businesses. If you get enough the extra tax receipts more than make up for any drop in each individual receipt.

But that's where we're at. Overall policy may have reached a point where the individual states can't make their own cuts and expect it to make enough difference. In other words, the Economic Golden Goose may be about dead nationwide and rather than crow because you think it proves your political point, you better be darn scared. It means the whole house of cards is about to go.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

So you think that services others have to provide to you ought to be your personal right to have?

White land owners used to think they had a right to free farm labor too.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

If there was a worse way Obama could of reformed healthcare Id hate to have seen it.

Wait , didnt the Obama administration tell us it was modeled after the UK and Canadian system ?(and possibly the Cuban system). You mean its not ? That our government designed it on their own ? Supreme Being help us .
I know and I agree with your post.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Wait , didnt the Obama administration tell us it was modeled after the UK and Canadian system ?(and possibly the Cuban system). You mean its not ? That our government designed it on their own ? Supreme Being help us .

No they'll tell it was the Romney's fault and modeled after MassCare which is and was then a massive failure, but that makes it a Republican thing and thus their fault.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
In the beginning , before it was passed and they were spreading the propaganda on thick (when the bill was actually posted on the gov website) they were making the statement that it was modeled after these types of systems.Then they took the bill offline , made it virtually top secret and Pelosi made her famous statement "we have to pass the bill before you can see whats in it". It was only after the bill was becoming unpopular , and a man named Mitt Romney was considering a run for President , did the whole thing change to a "Romneycare" front.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I maintain that if it really were as good as they advertised, they wouldn't have to punish people into it on one end and subsidize them on the other.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Even IF this guy had bought insurance, it's still Dutch treat on the deductibles.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sadly I can point to two businesses that have been near driven out of business by obamacare. One is a friends chiropractic office the other is a small business account of mine and she has to pay a 10k deductible for her knee surgery.

Fact is they could of enforced certain competitive regulations and allowed for an equitable opportunity for all.

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Even IF this guy had bought insurance, it's still Dutch treat on the deductibles.

There's a $30,000 deductible? Man, this Obamacare thing sucks.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Gothmog

No they'll tell it was the Romney's fault and modeled after MassCare which is and was then a massive failure, but that makes it a Republican thing and thus their fault.

You left out the part that the individual mandate the part about the ACA everyone is complaining about was a Republican idea and they tried to push it through many times.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Health insurance was available, at a cheaper rate, before obamacare.

You are right although good luck on getting a policy with a preexisting condition.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Exactly why everyone should vote Libertarian...and send the other two n'er do well parties packing.
a reply to: buster2010

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The American society needs to get in with the human race

Single payer was the right thing to do then and is the right thing to do now

ALL civilized societies have some form of national health care

The fact that America is still debating this proves that America is NOT a civilized society

Selfishness, crass ignorance, and abysmal morality is behind the effort top deny national health care to the American people

Unfortunately this poor man got wrapped up in the right-wing anti-human dogma regarding “Obamacare” and now like probably millions of Americans in states where this dogma reigns in the dark hearts of politicians, he will suffer.

May God help and heal him

And may God help and heal and guide the American people

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

That's the beauty of the evolution of healthcare.

Another problem will arise, people with preexisting conditions collapsing the system economically. Solution, mandatory nutrition and exercise regiments, and eventually forced abortions for genetic defects.

It's called unsustainability, at some point, tyrannical measures will be taken or it all falls apart.

The problem will compound, until it is actually addressed - the arise of government control which caused massive inflation rates for the health sector. Health is not a right, if a person wants to be healthy they can take steps to ensure that health, and even going so far as to train themselves in medicine and basic/advanced treatment.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Insightful and accurate. Already seeing it happen.. school lunches etc...this isnt my definition of freedom at all.

reply to: GodEmperor

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join