It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of a Glass Layer in the Atmosphere

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The most compelling argument I have read regarding a layer of glass in the sky:

www.wildheretic.com...

***The article^ is way shorter than it appears, most of the page length is due to the high volume of comments****

Can someone point out particulars that are not true and why? I do not know enough about this topic to refute what he is saying, and his argument seems compelling.
edit on 20-5-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
the website you linked includes theories claiming that the sun is not the center of our solar system and the international space station is a hoax. please tell me you arent actually taking anything you find on it seriously.
edit on 20-5-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

SO, if this were true and there was a layer of glass....Wouldn't that mean that NOTHING ever has been off of Earth and into space? Wouldn't the glass break on the way out? I guess everything from space is a hoax...So says your link...It is on the internet so it must be true.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
the website you linked includes theories claiming that the sun is not the center of our solar system and the international space station is a hoax.

this thread is a waste of ATS virtual space and an affront to the collective intelligence of the ATS community.

You responded in 3 minutes. You did not read the article. Why even post something then?

+12 more 
posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

My first internal reaction to this was to point and laugh, but i had a look at the linked page and it's still a load of rubbish with some very basic errors and misapprehensions "backing it up" as such.

It's a pretty horrible and ignorant read, sorry. I think that it was possibly written by an idiot, or by someone who believes everything he reads on the web, which is more or less the same thing.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

SO, if this were true and there was a layer of glass....Wouldn't that mean that NOTHING ever has been off of Earth and into space? Wouldn't the glass break on the way out? I guess everything from space is a hoax...So says your link...It is on the internet so it must be true.

He discusses this in the article. Spaceships had trouble exiting/entering the atmosphere unless their tips reached the melting point of glass, which is one of the main points he uses as evidence.

originally posted by: skalla

My first internal reaction to this was to point and laugh, but i had a look at the linked page and it's still a load of rubbish with some very basic errors and misapprehensions "backing it up" as such.

It's a pretty horrible and ignorant read, sorry. I think that it was possibly written by an idiot, or by someone who believes everything he reads on the web, which is more or less the same thing.

Which parts in particular?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

There are a hell of a lot - basic things which he asks questions about that are simple to discover and fact check yourself - such as the reasons why space planes tend to have a ceiling of about 100k km, what causes LDG, and the composition of granite/it's "similarity" to obsidian to pick the first three that came into my head.
edit on 20-5-2015 by skalla because: correction

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I know the atmosphere was made of glass when I stay up for 3 days I can see my consciousness reflecting off the,atmosphere and rainbow colors everywhere it's spectacular . my suggestion take another and see what happens.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Here...This is from the OP's "source"

www.wildheretic.com...

www.wildheretic.com...

One of my favorite topics:

www.wildheretic.com...

Ahhhh....This is compelling:

www.wildheretic.com...

Go away defending this OP....You are a clown if you want people to believe the trash above here from the "source"...Stop trying so hard and gather some real evidence and then return...Stop using this crap as "proof" of anything...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

At exactly what point in the atmosphere is the glass?

Because I have been to 40,000 feet, and I didn't see it.

Also the part about spaceships tips having to get hot enough to melt glass......

You understand that at the speed they are going, there wouldn't be enough time to melt the glass right?

They would just smash into it either breaking it or destroying their ship.

You are on meds, yes?

Take some, they aren't working!!!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

100km, he says that in the post. I'd like some input from someone who actually reads the article and gives an intelligent debate without blindly disregarding it because it challenges traditional ideas. I thought this was the purpose of ATS?

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I know the atmosphere was made of glass when I stay up for 3 days I can see my consciousness reflecting off the,atmosphere and rainbow colors everywhere it's spectacular . my suggestion take another and see what happens.

I'm interested, can you give more detail?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

100km, he says that in the post. I'd like some input from someone who actually reads the article and gives an intelligent debate without blindly disregarding it because it challenges traditional ideas. I thought this was the purpose of ATS?

It is the purpose of ATS, but you have to have a legit source and legit material you are debating...This is absolutely 100% a joke and the source, if you click the links (from your source) you will see why nobody takes this garbage seriously! If you put together an argument yourself with information from many different sources, then you will get a debate...The way it sits currently, this is an absolute joke!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
it's a very long read so i rather take my time and see what the entire story is, but it's hard to take it seriously when another article implies the moon is an illusion or that the sun is a light bulb...
But i'm sure if you tell this to some politician they will use it as an excuse to prove climate change is NOT man made.
"You see? we are living in a literal greenhouse!"
I am still reading but if this glass surrounds our planet, it is spherical/convex right? so when the sun is in a certain place, the whole thing should work like light through a magnifying glass and roast whoever walks in that spot right?
I don't know if that even makes sense but i find the idea funny

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The guy that wrote the OP link may have spent 20 years in his basement with barrels of....imagination.....

I think I saw stained glass in the atmosphere many times when I was younger, he may be onto something.

Have not seen it in a long time, waiting for a flashback to run outside and test his theory.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I'm interested, can you give more detail?

No, this thread is the purpose of the hoax bin though.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If the tip of the spaceship, somehow, melted the glass, what about the wings in the case of the space shuttle, do they get a pass?

+4 more 
posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Every single person in the world can test this for themselves. Take a picture of any light source in the sky; the sun, the moon, stars, etc. Do a spectroscopic analysis of said picture. Do ALL of the pictures show a spectrum of a silicate?

Short answer: they don't. I've done spectroscopy personally. Stop reading stupid things on the internet.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You are on meds, yes?

Take some, they aren't working!!!

Maybe they are working TOO well.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
Every single person in the world can test this for themselves. Take a picture of any light source in the sky; the sun, the moon, stars, etc. Do a spectroscopic analysis of said picture. Do ALL of the pictures show a spectrum of a silicate?

Short answer: they don't. I've done spectroscopy personally. Stop reading stupid things on the internet.

I disagree here, reading stupid things on the internet is tremendous fun. Stop taking them as possibly serious? Oh yes, I agree with that.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
"Can someone point out particulars that are not true and why? I do not know enough about this topic to refute what he is saying, and his argument seems compelling."

I don't remember reading the part where he declares proof and uses the article to back it up.
You people attack him like he's making a bold claim.

The Hungry wolves forgot to read again.

edit on 20-5-2015 by frostie because: quotations

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join