It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visualizing objects with high definition detail.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hi there,

I just wanted advice from people who may have past experience in this kind of thing (what even is "this kind of thing" - I don’t know.)

Short story is:

I believe that the human brain is an amazing thing, I believe that we all have the ability to do amazing things with our brain - we just need to "unlock" the potential. We need to "unlock" or "understand" how to unleash what we can do. If brains are computers, I think most of us just idle along on standby most of the time. I've been trying to understand how to utilize my brain to it's fullest - so anyway - I said short story didn't I?

So, 3 weeks ago, I woke up from a normal nights sleep -- but this time, I decided to doze back off again. The strange thing was: this dream was completely lucid. I was able to visualize objects, -- against a completely black background, and rotate them, zoom in -- as if it were a 3D model in computer imaging software.

I first visualized a teacup, something easy - you know? Then I chose more difficult, complex objects, leading up to a map of my country. I couldn't believe it. Place-names, roads, lakes, the lot - it was perfect. I was amazed in the "dream" -- but only truly dumbfounded when I re-awoke - as what I had visualized was still in my head clear as day - I logged on to google maps to check up on place-names I thought I'd never even heard of - and there they were!! So - able to recall the teacup, map --- and oddly enough, an old German textbook that I had not seen since high school.

I have tried every morning and every night to do this again since 3 weeks ago, I haven't been successful. Now the visual of the map is like a normal fading memory to me, without being able to see it in it's clarity like I did. I yearn to be able to unlock this again, and harness it.

I wonder is there a way to "tap" into this in a wakeful state? I will keep trying, because the knowledge of being able to pick anything in my head and visualize it, in *that* HD detail almost felt euphoric.

Grateful for advice.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It may seem a silly question but did the visualisation feel like it was coming from the front or back of your head/brain?

I have had similar experiences so would be interested in the similarities.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Definitely the front of my head. Sorry I forgot to mention, it felt like the blackfullness of when you close your eyes -- the objects sort of "slid" into view - that's how lucid it was.

They didn't just "materialize" - they really did just slide into view like they were already there. It was the strangest, most amazing experience of my life.
edit on 20-5-2015 by socketdude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: socketdude

The same here it almost felt that if I had opened my eyes the object would have been about 4-6 inches in front of my forhead.

I try and spend at least an hour each morning in the state between asleep and awake. I find I can answer some very complex questions in this state.

I try to use the visualisations to alter my state of mind and often have very good results.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Yes, there must be a point in the day when you're more receptive to it -- right after you wake up, your body has been fully rested, so it makes sense that you and I have both done this at this time of day.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Maybe you're a cyborg?

Like the guy in your avatar.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

If you have failed to make it happen again it is most likley that you are trying too hard and remaining too consious if that makes sense.

I tend to try and relax and then when a thought starts forming I gently dismiss it, after a short while of doing this I will slip into that different state and take it from there.

The next time you are sucessfull you might wish to try "looking" at your chosen object in more detail, you can use any technique you prefer but lately I have been "zooming in" on objects in much the same way you would on a tablet or toutch screen device. You can visualise yourself zooming deeper and deeper all the way down to the molecular level.

I don't know if this has any practical use but is a very rewarding experience.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Perhaps that is why. When I did it 3 weeks ago, it just sort of happened, it started off with a teacup - and then like I said, I tried more and more complex items.

I guess the goal I would like to achieve is to be able to close my eyes and "see" any memory. To be able to access the memory banks in my brain at will. I believe it can be done. I believe anyone can do it, if only we know how - and practice.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Another good way to practise is in a nice hot bath in the evening.

I know a few people who do similar things and everyone agrees that the most important thing is clearing your mind.

You could try many things, slowing your breathing and heartbeat, visualising yourself in various scenarios ect.

You could also try some self hypnosis techniques, I studied hypnosos a few years ago so can give you some hints and tips if you are interested?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I do similar things, but I try to bring it into full consciousness.

I will take a panoramic look around, then try to read signs or billboards that I didn't specifically look at in my minds eye.

Sometimes it works, but not very often.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

Have you been able to figure out why you sometimes get better results.

A lot of people keep a diary to try and pinpoint the best way of achiveing success.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: ISawItFirst

Have you been able to figure out why you sometimes get better results.

A lot of people keep a diary to try and pinpoint the best way of achiveing success.

Nope. I'm not a scientist, I live in the moment.

It really seems to have to do with the state of my consciousness.

I think the images are stored in subconscious, it's the query that determines the success.

When I'm thinking in words it's much harder. I can't say to myself what did that sign say, I have to query it in a thought form.

It's like the frontal lobes have to be speaking the same language as the subconscious to get a result.

Sometimes it's eeasiest if someone asks. Like what did that billboard say, and it seems the sub feeds the info up.

So I might say, yeah there was a guy in a suit, and a logo, oh, it was MFM, Family law, and the number was something ending in 0846. Or the like. But if I stop to consciously consider the question, it seems only real time conscious info is used.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I did some research on this exact thing when it happened to me and discovered that it happens when you wake up, and then go right back to sleep - it puts you in a special state.

An example of this would be setting an alarm for the middle of your sleep cycle, waking up to turn it off, then going right back to sleep again.

This clarity of dreaming happened to me specifically when I had "false awakenings," or waking up in my dream only to be in another dream, of an old bedroom I used to have. I think it can happen either way.

I also achieved this by taking Ambien - a really scary drug that slowly made my dreams clearer and clearer until they started getting mixed up with my reality, which was getting hazier and hazier.
edit on 20pmWed, 20 May 2015 12:15:44 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The thing that's amazing to me is confirmation that this is a real phenomena.

It means our memories are better than we think they are. Like, that coffee cup in your cupboard -- you should be able to recall all the tiny details about it, hairline cracks, stains, everything to the smallest detail.

It's in there - it's in your head -- but in normal everyday life -- we only recall the "thumbnail" image of the coffee cup, I assume to preserve processing power for touch, sight, sound, smell etc. But it's amazing that the full HD coffeeCup.jpg is in there in your head. Incredible.

There must be a way to practice this. People have photographic memories, there are cases of sudden savant like abilities after head injuries. There needs to be more research into this.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: socketdude
a reply to: darkbake

The thing that's amazing to me is confirmation that this is a real phenomena.

It means our memories are better than we think they are. Like, that coffee cup in your cupboard -- you should be able to recall all the tiny details about it, hairline cracks, stains, everything to the smallest detail.

It's in there - it's in your head -- but in normal everyday life -- we only recall the "thumbnail" image of the coffee cup, I assume to preserve processing power for touch, sight, sound, smell etc. But it's amazing that the full HD coffeeCup.jpg is in there in your head. Incredible.

There must be a way to practice this. People have photographic memories, there are cases of sudden savant like abilities after head injuries. There needs to be more research into this.

It would be interesting to find out how much information we actually retain from a scientific point of view.

I remember reading somewhere that by closing your eyes you reduce the amount of "data" going into your brain by around 70% but have no verification of that.

I'm off for a google.

Edit:"Why We Forget
One of the interesting questions concerning memory is whether we forget because the information is gone from memory or whether we forget because the method of retrieval has been lost. There is good evidence to suggest that we retain more than what we can recall.

Dreams, hypnosis, electrical stimulation of the brain, near death experiences, and contextual stimulus have all been responsible for bringing forth memories long ‘forgotten’ by an individual.

Some things have been encoded so deeply into memory that you will never forget them. Your name and the names of family members, your face and those of the many people in your life, your birth date, the ABC’s, and the names of countless objects are just a few examples.

Then there are skills like talking, writing, tying your shoes, clapping your hands, and so forth. Literally thousands of pieces of information and skills that are permanently etched in your memory and that require no effort to instantly recall. So why are we unable to retrieve other things we have tried to commit to memory?

As stated earlier one of the main reasons why you forget is because of ineffective initial encoding. Other influences can include memory decay and memory interference.

It is generally accepted that memories fade over time. Whether information disappears completely is unknown. It could simply be that the means to recall the information is lost and that a very specific set of memory triggers based on the initial encoding are required to retrieve the information.

It is also believed that new information can sometimes compete and interfere with old information and vice versa.

The good news is that memories can be maintained. By recalling, reviewing, and if necessary re-learning information you will be reinforcing the material and slowing any decay process. If it is important to you, it can be retained for a lifetime with little effort."

Source HERE
edit on 20/5/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yes, I think reducing the amount of data/stimulus is key.

That makes sense because in the special wake up/back to sleep time in the morning, most of our body is still shut down, so we can dedicate more brain power to visualizing our memories.

Something like sensory deprivation might be a useful aid - although that wouldn't be practical for trying to "tune" into this in everyday life.

EDIT: Great information there. That could be it too, in computer science speak, let's say in the short-term memory instance, I look at a photograph, -- assign that a memory location which is adept at retrieving short term memory items, perhaps if I could find out that memory location pointer for short term memory, and assign it to a long term memory, I may be able to use this "key" to "remember" a long term memory item as if I saw it two minutes ago.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: socketdude

Yes, I think reducing the amount of data/stimulus is key.

That makes sense because in the special wake up/back to sleep time in the morning, most of our body is still shut down, so we can dedicate more brain power to visualizing our memories.

Something like sensory deprivation might be a useful aid - although that wouldn't be practical for trying to "tune" into this in everyday life.

I think sensory depravation would be ideal for this type of endeavour, that hot bubble bath I mentioned earlier with the lights out would be the closest you could get to that at home though.

If your looking to put your self in a relaxed state then try this technique.

Put yourself in a comfirtable position, close your eyes and take a few deep steady breaths. Then think about how you could be even more comfortable maybe a slight adjustment of your arm or head it could be anything. Then 2 more breaths and repeat the adjustments.

Every time you do this you should be aware of yourself becomeing more and more relaxed and your heart should be beating slower and more steady as you go.

Next imagine a wooden ruler about 8 to 10 inches in front of your face. If you look at the number 12 this should represent how you now feel in your relaxed state.

Slowly move your gaze down to the number 10 and you should feel your relaxation increase by a factor of 2, after you have enjoyed the sensation return your gaze to the number 12 and you should feel yourself return to that state of relaxation.

When ready go back to the number 10 but this time when ready try moving down to number 8 and then if you are happy to do so move down to 6, again you should feel your relaxation growing as you move down the ruler.

If at any time you feel uncomfortable simply return back to the number 12 as it can be quite unsettling if you rush into things so take your time,

Each time you try this technique you should find it easier and quicker to achive an altered state and can when comfortable work all the way down to number 1 on the ruler.

The above works for a lot of people but it really depends on the individual, those who are more spiritual may find it easier to use the visualisation of a garden on a sunny day and replace the ruler with a series of steps leading down to a river or a pond. Those of a more technical nature tend to find the ruler a better option.

Tis is only a very simple technique but can have very good results, tje most important thing to remember is that you can at any time return to full awareness.

Even if the technique does not allow you to achive your goals you should feel both refreshed and invigorated afterwards.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I will try this tonight and report back to you tomorrow with results thanks!

Going to just read over it again to make sure I get the steps right.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Do not expect amazing results first time although you should have some success, It's like many thing and gets better with practice.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I am able to review my memories as though I'm right back there in the past--full detail. The way to remember something is to say to yourself in your head: okay. im going to remember this moment (doesn't have to be important. for instance, i did this once while driving and it was an overcast day, my parents and i were on our way to the mall and i was in the backseat. we were stopped at a red light and rain was falling lightly) in the future. And then you will.

When I read books, I literally stop seeing the words after a while and get 'sucked in' and just start visualizing everything. Like, I will read a page or two and then suddenly it's like I"m not even sitting down reading, I'm in the book. While in this state, I read remarkably fast. And my reading comprehension skyrockets (and it was very very high to begin with).

Losing yourself in your imagination (which is where this visualization 'power' originates) is key. Just daydream, play pretend in your head, act out scenarios in your head in the fullest detail you can imagine.

This is not the same as meditation. You are not opening yourself to anything. You are merely immersing yourself within yourself. The images only 'come' to me if I'm reading. Otherwise, I make them consciously. Just be careful. If you believe in God I recommend just asking Him to let you do what I do. You might be surprised on how that ends up working.

I get that HD state every day while fully awake. And as for dreams, yeah it happens there too but some dreams are more vivid than others. For me, this all happens primarily when awake--which is what you're wanting to do, right?

It's just the way my brain works. I'm sorry if I'm bad at explaining it. It's really difficult because to me it's natural and honestly I used to think that everyone did what I did. But yeah try what I said--and please feel free to ask me questions/drill me for info. That will help me explain it better, I think.

Top of my head projecting out. Also in the front at the sides of my frontal lobes (near temples).

edit on 20-5-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join