It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why This Lawmaker Opposes Abortion For Everyone Except His Own Wife And Mistress

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-TN) publicly opposes abortion and has repeatedly run for office as a pro-life candidate. Last week, he was one of 242 House members to vote for a proposed 20-week abortion ban that has become one of the top priorities for the current GOP-controlled Congress.

An anti-abortion Republican casting a vote in favor of an abortion restriction is not typically newsworthy. However, DesJarlais’ positions on the subject are particularly controversial, thanks to evidence that emerged in 2012 that revealed he has advocated for at least three legal abortions in his personal life.

Why This Lawmaker Opposes Abortion For Everyone Except His Own Wife And Mistress

Just another hypocritical politician. Runs as pro-life in Congress, but supports abortion with his own wife & with a woman he committed adultery with.

Do people really not understand the concept of "double standards"? If you're against something, be against it even in tough times. Otherwise, don't pretend you're against it.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

What's good for the gander better be good for the goose, according to this guy, just not for gooses he doesn't know. Bring on the goslings, he cries in fervent appeal, bring them on hither and yon...except for his own.
edit on 20-5-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Perhaps he support abortion in rape victims and he rape them both?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Yep. It seems like he's got that "I got mine so screw you" mindset.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Perhaps he support abortion in rape victims and he rape them both?

Then wouldn't he vote for abortion in cases of rape? Seems counterproductive to vote against something he & his family use.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
More hypocritical republicans. These guys don't mind passing laws that control how you live as long as it doesn't apply to them.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
In a sane world that should be the end of his career
Do we live in a sane world?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
He'll do the weepy "Jesus forgave me, why can't you?" thing, then it'll be back to business as usual.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

I agree. I realized that many people who call for government to "stay out our lives" only want it to stay out of their lives. They have no problems legislating other people's private lives.

I see it as a remnant of when America legally had 2nd class citizens. Those 2nd class citizens had far fewer rights & protections in society, and were subject to much harsher interpretations of the law. I think that's what some of these people are trying to recreate.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It is just issue of double standards...

Sad part is that he is more likely to bring law that will make it impossible for kids that fled violence from south to get help.

Just simple hypocrites...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

One thing you can be sure of is that Scott DesJarlias should not be doing the job he does as he clearly has absolutely no honour, a man without it should never be in public office. One rule for him and another for others makes him utterly despicable.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

One thing you can be sure of is that Scott DesJarlias should not be doing the job he does as he clearly has absolutely no honour, a man without it should never be in public office. One rule for him and another for others makes him utterly despicable.

Oh I agree completely. I just can't understand how he isn't being held accountable by his own "anti-abortion" party. I'm starting to think their national power brokers don't really care about abortion & just use it as a wedge issue for elections.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
In a sane world that should be the end of his career
Do we live in a sane world?

Then again, do you remember Mark Sanford? The "family values" South Carolina Governor who disappeared from his duties to unite with his mistress from Argentina then resigned? Well, he's a member of Congress now.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

He pressured the 24-yr old to have an abortion, no matter which side of the abortion debate he was on, he still did not let a woman make up her own mind on what to do with her body.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

He pressured the 24-yr old to have an abortion, no matter which side of the abortion debate he was on, he still did not let a woman make up her own mind on what to do with her body.

Here's what gets me about that. If the argument is that abortion is killing an unborn child, wouldn't he be an accessory to murder by that logic? And I hate the idea of pressuring someone to make that decision anyway.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Oh I agree completely. I just can't understand how he isn't being held accountable by his own "anti-abortion" party. I'm starting to think their national power brokers don't really care about abortion & just use it as a wedge issue for elections.

Are you being facetious here? I mean no offense, but this was obvious. Most of the top debate issues are so polarized to give the illusion that either party is different.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

This isn't a partisan point...why would you make it into one? They both do it.

As for DeJarlais--it's not a surprise at all. Hell, I'd honestly be more surprised if I didn't hear about a hypocritical politician on a daily basis. But then again, preachers molest and steal, charity founders defraud those they pretend to help, and presidents sidestep and flat out disregard the constitution.

It's just business as usual

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

[img]He pressured the 24-yr old to have an abortion, no matter which side of the abortion debate he was on, he still did not let a woman make up her own mind on what to do with her body.

At 24 years old, you're fully capable of making your own decisions. She made the call to have the abortion, not him. I'm not defending his actions at all (I'm neither a fan of adultery nor elective abortion), but let's not attempt to completely remove the reality of personal responsibility from the woman.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Are you being facetious here? I mean no offense, but this was obvious. Most of the top debate issues are so polarized to give the illusion that either party is different.

Haha, sorry if it seems that way. But no, I was serious. I used to think Republicans didn't care about abortion at all & strictly used it as a wedge issue. Then they unleashed a flurry of anti-abortion legislation at the state & local level, which crushed my theory. Now I honestly have no clue how they feel about it.

I even used to argue that Republicans liked abortion because it was a multibillion dollar industry. Plus they controlled the presidency, the Supreme Court, and both chambers of Congress for 6 years under Bush. If they wanted to end abortion, they could've done it then. But they didn't even try. But now, I'm not sure what they'd do if they won the presidency again.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

[img]He pressured the 24-yr old to have an abortion, no matter which side of the abortion debate he was on, he still did not let a woman make up her own mind on what to do with her body.

At 24 years old, you're fully capable of making your own decisions. She made the call to have the abortion, not him. I'm not defending his actions at all (I'm neither a fan of adultery nor elective abortion), but let's not attempt to completely remove the reality of personal responsibility from the woman.

I think you're wrong about that part. And we don't know what all threats he used against her either. I've seen people where I live who've threatened to kill women if they didn't have an abortion. And other incidents where the man had beat the woman in the stomachs to try to force a miscarriage.

Many times, people will try to ignore this or tell the woman to shut up so as not to make it worse. There's a reason why there are so many abuse shelters for women. And what is a woman supposed to do in that situation? Women in America are most likely to be killed by a husband, ex-husband, boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend. So it can literally be a matter of life or death for her if she doesn't comply.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join