It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-72

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Yes.

Oh, you mean officially? No.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well we all you know can give better hints than that! You're just mad about that goose.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Was thinking about this, since I went to the Smithsonian A & S museum this past Saturday. I looked at the SR71, with the P26 hanging above it, thinking "those aircraft are really only 30 years apart." And I wondered what came after. I think that the 1960's technology, in a late '50's design, has to have a follower. Not just a "stealth" follower, but at least a speed follower. What's after Mach 3? Mach 4 and beyond of course!

What it is we won't know for a while I am sure. But it's out there amid UFO reports and odd pilot sighting.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I still think he could have ate him.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Speaking of sr-71 related aircraft. I've wondered about what the next new engines would be like for hypersonic aircraft.

On another thread here someone posted a link to a PDF. Most of the people probably looked at the PDF and thought about a particular weapon system, but it also talked about using an anti matter "laser " to annihilate inside a hollow rod or tube like chamber which would of course heat up to extremes and be used to heat the air inside a combustion chamber for a scramjet instead of using fuel. I like that idea because instead of fuel you could use batteries or something similar to power the "laser" and supply the fuel. Maybe that's where something like a fusion reactor could also be useful, other than for long duration loiter craft - to power said laser. One could also in theory use some of the light from the annihilation to power quantum solar cells which could then be used to power the laser in return. sorta fueling it's self once up and running. The engine would run until the solar cells burned out or the reaction chamber/rod melted.

That would be a trip an antimatter powered scramjet. Wonder how fast one could get the thing to go if it ever was developed or worked. Anyone think this could be feasible in real life? And WTH could be used to handle the heat of said reaction rod or chamber?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

I think most of is here can agree that there has been an exotic airframe flying since the Blackbird retired. The difference is that it only appears to be rolled out sparingly nowadays.

Its entirely possible that whatever we eventually get to see in the "white" world may actually have skipped an airframe or two in its development.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

i would be more interested in taking a ride in the orange/yellow thing. iv always wanted to see the stars with out all that pesky atmosphere in the way

it would be Crazy to think that they retired the SR-71 and used JUST satellites for there recon. Yes the SR-71 cost a boat load of cash to operate but the pictures it brought back were well worth it. obviously the top Air Force brass aren't going to mothball one of there best recon platforms just because of money, there was some thing better coming or already there to replace it.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I'm with you there on that one. Now..............just what is that yellowy thing buzzing around ?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Oh that mess will be so big ServPro would refuse to answer the call.

Still hoping the biggest thing to come out this year isn't just Star Wars.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It was flying.

And that damn goose was your fault.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

I have a feeling that thing he was talking about hovering out of a hangar will never come out into the public. SO no mess to clean I suppose. Besides Serv Pro is just in kahoots with the insurance company anyways to screw the person with the claim out of the real fixes and money they deserve. If serve pro shows up to resolve your claim I suggest hiring a public adjuster. Typical serv pro guy. "Oh look the wild fires burned out half your roof. No problem I'll just pressure wash it. That will fix it, and get me my check expedited every two weeks from the insurance company for saving them money and doing a crappy job."

How'd this thread end up talking about geese?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

A group of them elected to go NOE across the interstate yesterday and one failed to clear terrain. That terrain being me.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I would have taken the opportunity to see what your dog likes more. Wild geese or ATS members.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Depends on the dog. Our Pitty won't chase anything but the other dog. Our other dog has a hyperactive prey drive and will chase anything that moves, including dandelion fluff.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I love pitts. My sister has a pair. One drools like crazy though. Not sure that's normal. Has no prey drive except when a skateboarder rolls past. Really, really doesn't like skateboards for some reason.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

They were running around in a field the other day, and she was rolling in some fresh cut grass away from us. I told him to go get her, he looked at me so I said it again, he took off at full speed and just plowed her and flipped her over.

Yeah, after almost three years with this dog you'll never convince me they don't understand.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yeah the other day I throw a tennis ball for the same dog to go fetch. It looks at the ball sail away. Looks at me, then rolls on her back with her feet in the air in response and just stays there for 10 minutes on the lawn with her tongue hanging out the side of her mouth. I ended up fetching the ball I had just thrown after a few minutes. I walk back to the dog. It excitedly hops to her feet grabs the ball from my hand runs over to where I had just fetched it and drops it on the ground comes back and looks at me like "are you going to go get the ball?" I was like WTF.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Some rad SR-72 speculation, presented with the sleek, dazzling veneer of the 1980's:

"The SR-71 will be replaced, but probably not by a specially constructed reconnaissance aircraft. Instead, research is now under way (with the approval of President Reagan) on a trans-atmospheric vehicle (TAV) -- sometimes called ... the x-30 -- which is to perform several missions, one of the foremost being reconnaissance.

Although the spaceplane's configuration and precise role varies according to the company doing the study, its central concept centers on a manned vehicle that will take off from a standard runway, climb to the fringe of space at dazzling speed, orbit the earth if necessary, and then return to terra firma the way a standard airplane would. Some envision the craft as a second-generation space shuttle able to carry twenty-thousand-pound cargoes to low orbit, while others think of it as a multirole space bomber that will be able to attack any place on earth within ninety minutes of taking off. It is to have a ceiling of about thirty miles in one plan, and more than twice that in another. Some designers think it ought to be rocket-powered, though most would like it to be propelled by a highly advanced supersonic combustion ramjet. If it turns out that the spaceplane is ramjet-propelled, its fuel, ironically, will be liquid hydrogen, thereby providing an odd vindication for the Skunk Works engineers who conceived of Suntan in 1956.

The Skunk Works, in fact, is designing a trans-atmospheric vehicle though would be 205 feet long (or 83 feet longer than the space shuttle orbiter) and would be able to climb to a hundred miles* at speeds of about seventeen thousand miles an hour.** Lockheed's entry is big because the company prudently sees the vehicle as having potential civilian as well as military applications. It could fly from New York to Los Angeles in twelve minutes, reaching an altitude of three hundred thousand feet***, a Lockheed-California press release claims.

But it is the military mission which drives the spaceplane, which, in the view of DARPA and the Air Force, will have at least three advantages over the shuttle: it will be launchable on immediate notice; it will be able to go up during severe weather conditions if necessary; and it will operate in both air and space, giving it greater mission flexibility.

"A TAV could react quickly from the continental U.S. to any global incident with the versatility to provide reconnaissance, force projection, strategic defense and interdiction support as desired," the deputy for development planning in the Air Force's Aeronautical Systems Division told an engineering meeting, adding that the craft's most promising role appears to be as a reconnaissance platform. An aeronautical consultant at the same meeting reported that he had gotten an enthusiastic response from the "reconnaissance community" when asked whether its members would prefer flying missions at Mach 3 and one hundred thousand feet or at Mach 29 and forty-five miles." ****

What, was the military on coc aine too lol?

* Lol
** Lol
*** Lol
**** Looool

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

She was training you.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If the TAV had a cargo bay like the space shuttle, it could have different purposes depending on the payload; satellite launcher, reconnaissance modules, weapon systems, or even transportation of astronauts and supplies to the ISS, maybe even satellite repair.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join