It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathematical equations in my mind's eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Let me start by saving I have zero ability in solving mathematical equations. I am mathematically challenged. I have to take off my does to reconcile my checkbook!

In the wee hours of this morning , I awoke to the sound of my pregnant dog nesting in in our bedroom closet. She is due any day so I have tuned myself to pay attention to her.

Anyway, the moment I awoke, I blinked and closed my eyes to focus my senses to my dog, listening toward the closet. Then it happened. While my eyes were closed and I was fully awake, I began seeing complex mathematical equations scrolling quickly in my mind's eye. Symbols and numbers. This lasted for several seconds and I said to myself, "I wish I could write this down". Instinctively, I knew it was important. I watched the last equation slowly disappear into blackness and knew this was meaningful in some way.

I got out of bed to check my dog. My dog was fine. I crawled back into bed and failed to return to sleep. My body felt electrified, like it was humming. This lasted for hours. In fact, I decided to stay home from work to rest and I slept on an off all day.

I have never seen or felt this before. I was not dreaming. It happened.

Any ideas?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

It's funny you mention this as I was just watching tv and relaxing when I was over come with an impression of geometry moving...math very pictorial which is my best medium.

Now it's locked and accessible...interesting.

Cheers!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

Any idea what it means?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There was a weird thread in the Aviation forum...truly bizarre stuff, involving a breakaway civilization here on Earth that had mastered space flight, but would hover their craft over residential homes and use sleeping people's brains as navigation computers.
Search "breakaway civilization" for some threads on the subject.

Either that or your hypnogogic mind was reliving a stressful maths test from childhood or something.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Unresponsible

I saw equations that are totally foreign to me and definitely none from my past or any comparable to those I see on t.v. or in the movies. My body physically reacted to them. They exhausted me and now frustrate me as I cannot recall anything except the memory of them.

I am contemplating seeing a mental professional to hypnotize me into recollection.

I will also research as you suggested. Thank you!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Information does come in dreams and in the theta state.
It would seem that you were given data that was not meant for you.
Many times scientists have insights, clues, and whole theories that come to them "right out of the air," as many attempt to explain it. How to explain it, a "cosmic consciousness," telepathic ETs, or parts of your own mind working entirely on its own and usually out of your consciousness? The Universe is really a strange place. Revel in it!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Why was it not meant for me? Maybe I just need help recalling and deciphering it?
Being that something used my mind and body, I should get to know the ppurpose.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I have never seen or felt this before. I was not dreaming. It happened.

Any ideas?

First thought that popped into my head:

"Downloading System Update" (Yeah, creaped me out too.)
Then you stayed home from work, sleeping off and on during the "Installation"

So how ya feelin now, lol. Any new insights or motivations or abilities since your update? (Tongue in cheek, but... hmmm. Your experience is pretty weird so who knows?)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Like Tayler Swift with a suitcase nuke.
What happens if she gets the Schwarzschild radius just right?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

You know, that never crossed my mind!

I slept most of yesterday, then went to bed at 9pm and sleep until 7am. That is more sleep than I usually get in 3 days.
Hmmmm....

I feel well rested and didn't get the ability to fly, dammit! Now I must stay home and nurse a broken arm! kidding.

Seriously, now that you say that, it was like computer downloading. Now I am a wee bit creaped out too.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

The equation for the Chandrasekhar limit looks closer to what I saw, tho some missing code.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

You know, that never crossed my mind!

I slept most of yesterday, then went to bed at 9pm and sleep until 7am. That is more sleep than I usually get in 3 days.
Hmmmm....

I feel well rested and didn't get the ability to fly, dammit! Now I must stay home and nurse a broken arm! kidding.

Seriously, now that you say that, it was like computer downloading. Now I am a wee bit creaped out too.

Yes, and all that sleeping... You know when your laptop closes all the other programs so it can INSTALL the System Update? (You Sleeping during 'Installation') And how the Installation & Reboot takes longer than the Download... Explains why you only saw the maths for only a minute or two, but then slept all day.

Hey I'm just having fun with the analogy! (Unless there's something to it of course...)

Interesting to think about nonetheless!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I've had similar experiences, but for me it's when I'm stalled with a plot problem. All of a sudden, I might bolt up out of the blue with an epiphany and a whole bunch of story just pops up out of the blue. SOmetimes, I do have to get out of bad and write down the rough particulars because I have a whole scene, the answer just playing out in my head. It's so beautiful.

But it's also annoying because I lose sleep to it when it happens and my brain WILL NOT leave me alone again until I get it out.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: [

Hey I'm just having fun with the analogy! (Unless there's something to it of course...)

Yeah, I know. But WOW if it were true. And how would I ever know this were the case?
Not like I can go up and ask someone...

Hmmm....when I go over the day prior to that night vision or whatever it was, there was something out of the ordinary that happened that could give a clue to this. Did you post on ATS in 2008/2009?

edit on 1432071243Tuesday31Tue, 19 May 2015 16:34:03 -0500pmTuesday3440431 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am a cerebral person and often I cannot sleep because my mind will not shut down. I can think of hundreds of things at night when I want to sleep that would never occur to me in the day when I am out and about...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: [

Yeah, I know. But WOW if it were true. And how would I ever know this were the case?
Not like I can go up and ask someone...

Hmmm....when I go over the day prior to that night vision or whatever it was, there was something out of the ordinary that happened that could give a clue to this. Did you post on ATS in 2008/2009?

Nope, I Registered: 6/23/2010
But I had been lurking before that. Now you have me curious... What happened in 2008/2009 AND what happened out of the ordinary the day prior to you 'upgrade' lol...?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Please U2U me. I don't want to start off thread and that would definitely happen in sharing with all.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Sent.

top topics

join