It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought we went to the moon....until I viewed these videos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
From what I had learned over the past few years I thought we went to the moon, but also produced much video in studio because so much of the original footage showed "unidentified objects", flying and on the lunar surface.

But here we have a recent video where a NASA engineer is discussing scientific challenges to the Orion program, mostly the Van Allen radiation belts, as if all the moon shots never happened, watch from about 3 mins in:

Here is another interesting video, where, among other questionable things, it demonstrates how the astronauts filmed the earth at LEO through a hole in the craft and made it appear as if the hole with the close-up of earth was actually earth itself as seen from a much greater distance from space, at one point one astronaut says it is from 130,000 miles away. Start at about 5:45

Also, what is up with Neil Armstrong's cryptic comments at about 12:30 in the second video?

"Breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers"?????????

He is literally saying the truth is being hidden.
edit on 18-5-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: correction

+12 more 
posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
From what I had learned over the past few years I thought we went to the moon, but also produced much video in studio because so much of the original footage showed "unidentified objects", flying and on the lunar surface.

But here we have a recent video where a NASA engineer is discussing scientific challenges to the Orion program, mostly the Van Allen radiation belts, as if all the moon shots never happened, watch from about 3 mins in:

New equipment, new tests that need doing.

He is not saying Apollo didn't happen.

Here is another interesting video, where, among other questionable things, it demonstrates how the astronauts filmed the earth at LEO through a hole in the craft and made it appear as if the hole with the close-up of earth was actually earth itself as seen from a much greater distance from space, at one point one astronaut says it is from 130,000 miles away. Start at about 5:45

They did not film Earth in LEO, it is not possible to film the entire Earth when in LEO. The Apollo crew were actually that far away, and the Earth in shot shows weather patterns that were an exact match for the weather satellite photos taken later that day. The pictures in the broadcast were viewed by the Press at Houston and appeared in the press the next day.

Also. there is no such thing as 'Rare' NASA footage of Apollo - it is all out there to anyone who wants to search for it, or even buy it.

Also, what is up with Neil Armstrong's cryptic comments at about 12:30 in the second video?

"Breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers"?????????

He is literally saying the truth is being hidden.

He is literally not saying that.

Unfortunately all the claims that these videos make have been debunked to death many times by me and many others. You can go back to believing we went to the moon again.

+3 more 
posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Haven't we argued this already like crazy?

Didn't Buzz punch some guy over this?

A youtube video isn't proof.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE
I too doubt that weve been to the moon.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The whole claim of "proof" is based on the fact we're not still using the same technology that was used in the Apollo missions. This kind of "proof" has been debunked so many times, it's just not worth the effort anymore. Believe what you like.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
NASA where airbrush artists and animators outnumber engineers.
Yes we've been
but yes they lied to you

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The reason some of it is staged and that false info about not being able to leave earth's surroundings, is because the moon is occupied, and they can't show it all. They already photoshop and do various things to attempt to hide what is there. There are astronaut communications that are quite explicit.

I've been there, lots of abductees are. US NAVY presence is strong and negative controlling ETs.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I starred and flagged this post although I do believe we went to the moon. However , it reminds me of my grandmother . As the family sat there and watched the moon landing and walks "live" on the old black and white set my grandmother denied the entire thing . When we would explain to her that she was watching it live , she would say you are watching a "tv show" . That the whole thing was a fake.There was just no debating it with her . Until she passed in 1999 my grandmother still said it was impossible and it all was a fake for entertainment . And she was a very wise woman.
edit on 18-5-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Well at the risk of being flamed I have original Readers Digest 1969 commemorative moon maps-they dont seem to correspond with whats up there now also take a look at Mars through a POWERFUL telescope and see if it looks like NASA's pickys-

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

Why would we use different shielding from the earlier moon shots if that technology worked? Also, that technology would be based on scientific principles that would not have changed, so why would there be any doubt that it would work?

Also, if you watch the video from about 5 mins in onward it is pretty obvious that only a small portion of the earth is being filmed through a hole in the craft, can you deny that?

Why does the view of the earth get suddenly blocked by some object in this picture? Some massive object in space or someone moving around inside the craft?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The rebuttals to a lot of this are directly beneath the youtube video you're showing us, particularly the part about modern hardware being more susceptible to EMF/radiation. Why not address that in your post?

It appears fairly straight forward ... If NASA are lying about the impacts of radiation on 1960s hardware we should be able to demonstrate that relatively easily ... yet no one has?

+5 more 
posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Is it safe to say everybody has seen this?

Hello, all.

I recently received the following e-mail from James Van Allen in response to a request for his comments on the radiation effects of the Van Allen belts. I post it here as a possible aid to other debunkers. I have edited out sections of my original e-mail for length; Professor Van Allen's response is reprinted in its entirety.

My request:

My question to you, Professor Van Allen, is this. I have read that you have "denounced" the conspiracy theorists' claims that radiation in the Van Allen belts would have killed the astronauts. I have also seen a quote from you about what utter nonsense the Fox special was. Could you please, if possible, point me to any sources in print or on the web where you have been extensively quoted? If there are none that you know of, and it wouldn't be too much trouble, I would appreciate it if you could reply with a brief statement on the subject. In all my recent studies about the moon-conspiracy theories, the cornerstone of most arguments appears to be that radiation is what makes interplanetary space travel impossible. I feel that there is no person better qualified to debunk this absurd claim (and no one more likely to be taken seriously) than you. Of course, some conspiracists will say that you are in on the conspiracy yourself, but we can never hope actually to convince them.

Professor Van Allen's response:

Dear Mr. Lambert,

In reply to your e-mail, I send you the following copy of a response that I wrote to another inquiry about 2 months ago --

Ø The radiation belts of the Earth do, indeed, pose important constraints on the safety of human space flight.

Ø The very energetic (tens to hundreds of MeV) protons in the inner radiation belt are the most dangerous and most difficult to shield against. Specifically, prolonged flights (i.e., ones of many months' duration) of humans or other animals in orbits about the Earth must be conducted at altitudes less than about 250 miles in order to avoid significant radiation exposure.

Ø A person in the cabin of a space shuttle in a circular equatorial orbit in the most intense region of the inner radiation belt, at an altitude of about 1000 miles, would be subjected to a fatal dosage of radiation in about one week.

Ø However, the outbound and inbound trajectories of the Apollo spacecraft cut through the outer portions of the inner belt and because of their high speed spent only about 15 minutes in traversing the region and less than 2 hours in traversing the much less penetrating radiation in the outer radiation belt. The resulting radiation exposure for the round trip was less than 1% of a fatal dosage - a very minor risk among the far greater other risks of such flights. I made such estimates in the early 1960s and so informed NASA engineers who were planning the Apollo flights. These estimates are still reliable.

Ø The recent Fox TV show, which I saw, is an ingenious and entertaining assemblage of nonsense. The claim that radiation exposure during the Apollo missions would have been fatal to the astronauts is only one example of such nonsense.

James A. Van Allen

source

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Haven't we argued this already like crazy?

Didn't Buzz punch some guy over this?

A youtube video isn't proof.

I'm not saying its proof, it just seems to bring up some legitimate points.

People have argued over JFK's assassination and 9/11 for years, is that reason to stop talking about it?

Hypothetically, if much of this has been faked, do you think the public has a right to know, since it was their money that supposedly pay for it? Do you think they would start to question other things?

Who was president at the time of these alleged moon landings? Oh right, it was Nixon, and his character was unimpeachable??????

Do you want people to stop talking about this?

If it bothers you why click on the thread, read it and post? Do you always partake in activities which you know will antagonize yourself?

Do you think this is the appropriate forum and website to be discussing this?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I have good news, we still went to the moon even upon your viewing of the videos.
edit on 18-5-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Got any, you know, proof that Mr. Van Allen signed that? is there a signature from him that we can have professionally matched to that email?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

They have things on the moon through telescopes. But one thing I remember were tubes, that you could drive semi's through, to underground facilities. And that is under the photoshopping in some of their photos. I'm not going on that search right now, but it was their older pics, and when I watched a video, downloaded the pic myself and used dodge and burn on the Gimp photoshop program to reveal alot of tampering took place. The curved edge of the moon had been photoshopped in, it was not taken from a distance like that, but that portion was craters, and there were tubes everywhere and its not our solar system that does that.

Also, radiation is a hz frequency and they use reverse sine, ie haarp/tesla type microwave type technology to create shielding. They would never have ionized our stratosphere without the shielding for themselves.

They're not just on the moon, the secret space program is deep solar.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke

The rebuttals to a lot of this are directly beneath the youtube video you're showing us, particularly the part about modern hardware being more susceptible to EMF/radiation. Why not address that in your post?

It appears fairly straight forward ... If NASA are lying about the impacts of radiation on 1960s hardware we should be able to demonstrate that relatively easily ... yet no one has?

Has the human body changed as well and become more susceptible to radiation?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I still think we went to the moon, but the first video did make me cringe.

What challenges before we send humans? LOL

We already sent humans, stupid engineer from NASA! LOL

and we sent many of them and we know what to expect. We know what affect/effect the Van Allen Belts will have on humans and electronics. Apparently no ill effects on humans and no ill effects on our electronics.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Thank you, that is interesting, those comments seem to clear things up a bit, the exposure during the earlier moon shots was brief, from Dr. Van Allen himself.

So the Orion missions will spend more time in the Van Allen belts then? What would be the purpose of that if it could be dangerous to humans and equipment? Is the reward worth the risk?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

Onebigmonkey is exactly right. Just to add to what he was saying re: the first video, talking about not being able to safely travel through "this region of space." NASA did not "admit" that the moon landings were faked. They said that they need to learn how to fly through "this region" of space traversed by Orion EFT-1, and quite literally the Apollo capsule would not be safe to sit in if sent through the same region as Orion EFT-1 on EFT-1's trajectory. The trajectory taken by Apollo avoided the most intense parts of the Van Allen belts. Orion EFT-1 flew right through it. Here's Apollo's trajectory:

Using SPENVIS, here is the dose expected for an Apollo astronaut sitting inside an Apollo spacecraft with about 7-8 g/cm^2 areal density on the trajectory taken by Apollo to the moon:
h.dropcanvas.com...
That dose isn't dangerous at all.

With that said, you cannot send astronauts on an Apollo command module through the same region on the same trajectory as Orion EFT-1 without risking the astronauts developing mild symptoms of radiation poisoning. Orion EFT-1 took it right through the most intense region of radiation right over the equator.

Here is the expected dose if you were to send Apollo astronauts in an Apollo command module on the same trajectory as Orion EFT-1's final orbit:
h.dropcanvas.com...
Nearly 30 rads of radiation. At that dose you are approaching the threshold at which you may start to exhibit mild symptoms of radiation poisoning according to the CDC:

"Mild symptoms may be observed with doses as low as 0.3 Gy or 30 rads."
www.bt.cdc.gov...

Still won't kill you, but it might just make you sick if you fly Orion EFT-1's trajectory with the older Apollo capsule and normally your mission would just be getting started. The electronics on the Apollo spacecraft were less susceptible to radiation though. Computers were also in charge of a lot less of the Apollo spacecraft, and were built using core memory that generally could not experience a "bit flip" due to radiation the way modern memory chips do.

Orion's missions will likely involve using solar electric propulsion, which is much lower thrust than Apollo, which means more time spent in the belts than Apollo and possibly in less inclined orbits (or with an argument of perigee that puts it over the equator at apogee as the orbit is slowly raised) like Orion EFT-1. That's something you couldn't do with the Apollo capsule safely, but that's not what they did for Apollo.

Orion EFT-1 looked at more severe radiation exposure than Apollo because the missions are going to be longer, the computers are going to be more vulnerable to radiation, and if they go through with their plan to use solar electric propulsion to reach Mars from earth orbit, it will require a lot more time spent passing through the Van Allen belts than Apollo since SEP involves much lower thrust than chemical rockets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join