It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Missing for over 20 years Found Living Inside Secret LSD Drug Lab Hidden in Basement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Gotta be honest looking at the state of him, i really doubt time actually stopped for him!

Unless he looked like that when he went in...who knows.

What was going on in 1995?

Can't remember if there was a doom type scare going around at the time was there...in 1995? No Nibiru, the Y2K bug wasn't really getting much notice back then, no Armageddon prophesy, no major wars, except for the Baltic conflicts, what could have driven him underground for so long i wonder.

And i would have thought if he'd gone through 115 gallons of acid in 20 years, he'd have been making a lot of noise down there while tripping and generally just living, why didn't the family hear him before...mice don't usually scream about spiders crawling all over them!

Interesting story.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Right but what if since time doesn't exist he merely existed differently with time.

Because one fact we know for certain is that time is merely an illusion of our human perception. Take that into consideration and then idk. I don't know what to think about this scenario. It's kinda way over my head and it's both hilarious and kind of freaky to consider. Idk. Maybe I've listened to too much Terence Mckenna

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Blast from the past indeed, 20 years means he hit the basement not long after the LA riots, wait till he finds out the country is run by a black president, Area 51 does exist and 1984 wasn't just a movie but a government instruction manual.

and twelve 55 gallon barrels (including three almost empty barrels) of what DEA labs have identified as pure liquid Lysergic acid diethylamide

Only 3, well that's OK then, on that basis he had enough for, hold on lemme grab my calculator.............another 60 years.

It is not yet known if or when Dr. Winston will be convicted of any crime.

Seriously, WTF? What crime, 1st degree off his chops not disturbing the peace?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I don't think you could ever listen to too much Terence McKenna!

Perhaps time stopped / ageing paused for the 20 years...UNTIL he stepped out and he aged rapidly like a freshly staked Vampire?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

FOR FREAKING REAL, MAN. WHAT CRIME?!

this man should be given a medal and like a prize of some sort for undergoing this epic feat (if indeed true). like...oh yeah now let's just ARREST RIP VAN WINKLE FOR SLEEPING TOO DAMN MUCH.

THAT'S the most ridiculous part of the whole story--the fact that they probably arrested the poor man.

a reply to: MysterX

Exactly! Dude yeah! like how sometimes things disintegrate once we disturb them even though they were preserved perfectly in stasis. but since only 20 years had passed he didn't crumble into dust he just aged in the blink of an eye maybe as soon as he came to from tripping or something. he sure LOOKS like he could have gone through something even as seemingly incredible as that. Like...that guy looks like something extraordinary just happened to him if he was ACTUALLY missing for that long tripping the whole time.

Wow, I was going to try to sleep until I saw this thread xD
this totally made my day OP hahaha
edit on 18-5-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The header of the linked website reads:

IFLScience.org | 100% Mostest Official and More Sciencey

The article's header, "Chemistry", is misspelled, "chemestry"

The "tv news" photo of the guy has a photoshopped "IFL Science" logo...

edit on 18-5-2015 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2015 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

dude i know. but i'm just saying. can't we check with that law enforcement department if they've arrested this man or not? Maybe check the local newspapers of that town mentioned?

Did you do any of that?

Idc where the story came from. I just care on whether or not the story is legit--notsomuch the site it was originally found on. And since you're just giving info straight from the article even after I asked if you'd checked out the validity on those other sources and links in the comments you'd posted~

doesn't make you seem too legit right now, sorry if i am not taking you seriously :-X

i don't want to say it's fake till I see proof that it's fake. And like I said before none of what you've said is proof of much. Sure, it does make me think twice. But it doesn't convince me either way yet.

it's just too weird of a story not to be at least somewhat true.

That's all i think.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

This is a sad story why are people laughing and saluting this guy.

This is a story of a man trapped in chemical hell.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

How about, since it is your OP, you provide a verifiable source aside from this hoax article?

Your asking me to disprove this article is like asking someone to fact check something from The Onion.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Aboveway

If it turns out to be true i imagine the man should be commended.

As to why people find the article humorous? Buddy the situation is right out of some second rate Scifi B movie, it certainly brightened up my day, even brought a tear to my eye.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I want to see pictures of his secret room!

This is the craziest story I've read all year.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Somebody please tell me the colors of the shingles on the house in those two pictures are different colors.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

what? dude are you tripping? lol this isn't my OP...um i...i'm sorry to ask you to back up your assertions, or something, I guess?

Here's a quote from the OP, since you obviously can't be bothered to look.

originally posted by: andy06shake

A Couple from Cottage Grove, Minnesota discovers a man living inside a secret laboratory inside their basement. On Tuesday, officers with the Warrington County Sheriffs Office went to the Morgan family’s home after receiving a call of a possible break in. When the officers pulled up they saw the Morgan Family standing by the road. They ran up to use and said they heard a man shouting inside their basement and that’s when they called it in to 911” Said Captain Bruce Normans with the Warrington County Sheriff’s Office.

Scientist Missing for over 20 years Found Living Inside Secret '___' Drug Lab Hidden in Basement

I came across this article and thought it may be of some interest. Seems like it could have come right out of some sci fi book or show. I wonder how Dr. Winston will view our society considering his self imposed seclusion for over 20 years? Or how he managed to feed himself while going unnoticed? Your thoughts please fellow members.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Why you be trippin yo?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aboveway

This is a sad story why are people laughing and saluting this guy.

This is a story of a man trapped in chemical hell.

And ironically he has probably lived a life better and longer and full of wonder, than billions of people on this world of ours do.

If you want to fire pity at anyone, i suggest this guy isn't the most worthy you could aim at.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The 2nd image is not from this story - it's from a car crashing-into-house event from 21st April........

www.ksdk.com...

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yes if true its certainly up there in the top 5.

Might just turn out to be of the same genre as "London Bus Found On Moon" all the same.

edit on 18-5-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

omg me too me too xD

i don't think i've EVER read anything this crazy, actually. I love it

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I do apologize: I thought incorrectly that this was your posting because of your vehemence.

(post by TechniXcality removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join