It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Missing for over 20 years Found Living Inside Secret LSD Drug Lab Hidden in Basement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

A Couple from Cottage Grove, Minnesota discovers a man living inside a secret laboratory inside their basement. On Tuesday, officers with the Warrington County Sheriffs Office went to the Morgan family’s home after receiving a call of a possible break in. When the officers pulled up they saw the Morgan Family standing by the road. They ran up to use and said they heard a man shouting inside their basement and that’s when they called it in to 911” Said Captain Bruce Normans with the Warrington County Sheriff’s Office.

Scientist Missing for over 20 years Found Living Inside Secret '___' Drug Lab Hidden in Basement

I came across this article and thought it may be of some interest. Seems like it could have come right out of some sci fi book or show. I wonder how Dr. Winston will view our society considering his self imposed seclusion for over 20 years? Or how he managed to feed himself while going unnoticed? Your thoughts please fellow members.
edit on 18-5-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
That must have been an EPIC bad trip.

2nd

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Wow, who needs writers when people like this give us something far better than could ever be imagined up.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This revelation has tickled my naughty parts. Simply amazing!!! Bravo!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Whoa!
Reminds me of Lazlo from the movie 'Real Genius' from the '80's...he was a child genius who wigged out and lived in a secret lair that was accessed from a closet in a dormatory.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

LOL oh goodness! gonna read the article now but the title made me giggle like crazy xD oh maaaaannnng this sounds like itll be one intense trip of a story

my first rxn: noway noway NO WAY THIS CAN'T BE REAL omg can it holy bleep it is
rofl
edit on 18-5-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Oh my Cthulhu!

I wonder if he had a supply of food and water, or did he ever go outside to gather supplies?

Maybe he was under the influence the whole time, and time stopped for him? --so he did not need anything?..
So weird, thanks for posting!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Yeah, just read it as well!

TWELVE 55 GALLON BARRELS OF LIQUID LYSERGIC!
Three empty. One would be enough to dose a town.
I want to know what this guy did (besides a ton of tripping) for all of those years. Did he think the world was going to end in nuclear armeggedon?
Whatever it was, I'm sure it made sense to him.
edit on 18-5-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Just goes to prove that fact is most definitely stranger than fiction, most especially so if you add "L.S.D" for 20 odd years!

Edit: That is of course if it's not a hoax.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
it was his yellow submarine

Just amazing I wonder if he had a bathroom and water?

(post by rukia removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Either that article got it wrong with year (1984) or someone really has no idea what is 2015-1984.

If article is correct, then he is missing for 31 year, which makes whole thing even more incredible...

And really, how did he survive???
edit on 18-5-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Stranger than the strangest story.

edit on 18/5/15 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Seems this story is a hoax or at least deserving of a trip (pun intended) to the LOL section.

From the comments section of the article:

"This article is fake. The author is an anti-science conservative troll whose previous stories have been debunked by snopes. He claims to be a resident sergeon at henry mayo hospital and a professor at UCLA, but a quick search discredits these claims. Upon further inspection, I've noticed that this is posted on a website purposefully designed in an attempt to discredit actual science websites like iflscience.com in the eyes of the internet community."

edit on 5/18/2015 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

"And really, how did he survive???"

On Sugar cubes and "L.S.D"? LoL

I really would like to know how he managed such a feat myself because to do so for such a long period of time while remaining unnoticed is a remarkable achievement in itself, even more so if he was tripping out his box. Possibly that's the key?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

The Police recovered over $500,000 worth of lab equipment stolen from the University, along with 3 Hand guns, an assault rifle, 50 years’ worth of military grade rations and twelve 55 gallon barrels (including three almost empty barrels) of what DEA labs have identified as pure liquid Lysergic acid diethylamide, a powerful hallucinogenic drug more commonly known as the street name or Acid.

50 years worth of military grade rations and 55 gallon barrels of Lysergic acid diethylamide , I think the rations would run out before the Lysergic acid diethylamide...55 gallons !
Not sure I believe the story but if true it certainly one of the oddest I can remember.

edit on 18-5-2015 by gortex because: Auto-censor

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

I HOPE it's a hoax because this is just too mindblowing for me right now lol

i'll do some research into the source. but idk. stranger things have happened. i don't disbelieve it right away.

Yes. I believe that is the key. If we are going to say that yes, it is true (which my gut tells me it is O.O whatever that says about me and my gut lol)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The situation is absurdly impossible.

From the article's comments:\

Inexplicably, this website seems to be a websitr that is trolling IFLScience. There are only a couple of (bogus) articles on the site, but the design totaly mimics iflscience.com. And the logo is obviously a weird rip off. Compare: www.iflscience.com...

what's your source for this? i googled "winston corrigan" and "cottage grove, mn" and there is no reference to this under either set of results. highly suspect.

Its a joke website.. Other story below about robotic bear invented to assist suicide.. Come on...!

It is a farce. Aside from the physical impossibilities of such a situation, the amount of acid cited is ridiculous.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Yeah...I'm thinking hoax. This would be all over the news. Digging for more info now.

It's a good story. But hoax it.
I might write a fun little short story today, though, so I'm not mad.

edit on 18-5-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

but...this is ATS. Couldn't that be disinfo?

Just saying. This IS a conspiracy site

look into those sources. do you think you've found legit info that proves this can be discredited? If so, I'm interested to see those links.

a reply to: the owlbear
thank you! i would but honestly i'm too scared to find out for myself either way. i'd rather someone else figure out if it's real or not. haha

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join