It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the text of the TPP treaty secret? Massive power grab by the owners....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The TPP is the biggest treaty in the history of the Earth. What is it? If you don't know, you are not alone.

Your "elected" representatives and President are telling you it must be secret. They are telling you it must not be seen by the public and even your elected representatives only have a tightly controlled opportunity to read the text. This, if nothing else should show you plain and simple that the USG is illegitimate.

It is all a giant ruse. There is no legal or moral reason to keep this secret. The reason is purely tactical. You would scream bloody murder if you knew what they were doing. Once it's over it's too late.

The people you think are in control are not. It's really doubtful to me that the elections are even legit.

Wake up soon, please. In all seriousness, this could really be the point of no return.

h/t Jon Rappoport

edit on 15-5-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: clarity

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

and I'm extremely angry the republicans supported this as much as they did. I expected the Dems to be the ones supporting it but it was the other way around and i just don't get it. They (repubs) should of opposed it solely because Obama wanted it so baddy but that's just my opinion. Everything Obama does is horrible for this country if you ask me. So much for that transparency he promised lol

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Chalk up another one for the most transparent administration ever.
TPP
edit on 15-5-2015 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

Some people say the two parties are actually the same. When it comes to big issues like this, I concur.

There is definitely someone pulling strings behind the curtains. I actually think BO is there because he can be controlled.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Its all here. If you would like to read it.

https://__._/tpp-enviro/pressrelease.htm

____ should say "__._"
edit on 15-5-2015 by AmericanJoe because: wikileaks does not show up

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sorry
https://__._/tpp-enviro/pressrelease.html

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
that keeps coming up as a blank
it should be
https://
__._
edit on 15-5-2015 by AmericanJoe because: url not showing up

the url is wiki leaks . org
edit on 15-5-2015 by AmericanJoe because: wili leaks

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

judging from how fast he switches from issue to issue he is most definitely following a script because i don't think he's smart enough to do what he's done on his own lol

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Wish this thread would take off.
Wish things would change in this country.
Too late........what has begun can't be stopped.
Sadder times ahead not only for the US but the world.
Quad

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanJoe
that keeps coming up as a blank
it should be
https://
__._

the url is wiki leaks . org

Correct ! If we are addressing the same document .I downloaded the entire text from Wikileaks. I was titled CONFIDENTIAL
Unfortunately I have hundreds of Confidential, Secret & Top Secret files and I can't seem to locate the document in question.
So here we are, average Joe's with access to a document that apparently Congress is to stupid or lazy to obtain.
Go figure.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It will be leaked.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: roaland

Dear me, it seems that people get divided very easily by 'our-party-are-the-good-guyes-and-the-other-party-are-the-bad-guys."

The purpose of the two party system is to ensure that the masses get divided and stay divided by getting very passionate about ideology, just like sport.

The purpose of the two party system is that they form the two wings of the same bird-of-prey that sees you and I as the prey.

When are people going to realise that both major political parties in all countries are owned and controlled by the same people who are sure as christ are not 'we the people'

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It's definitely a power grab by multinational corporations to secure profits; however, if granted, the ' trade promotion authority' the president wants or fast track in other words, would inhibit congress from ammending any passages tucked inside the deal and would also grant the executive branch unlimited power on trade promotion.

IMO the real power comes from fast tracking the bill, not to say the bill isn't already riddled with corporate favor; fast tracking would give the president the power to include passage of much sought after provisions otherwise unlikely to pass, without any say by congress.

The trade bill will pass regardless, but fast tracking the bill wields all power to the executive branch, rendering congress useless. If the president wants to add provisions to the bill, if given trade promotion authority, passing unpopular laws a certain percentage of Americans disagree with would be possible under fast tracking.

ETA: Having said that, here are two alternative sources describing fast track; power to the executive branch.

Opposing views:

Trade promotion authority is not an executive power grab

Techdirts "don't buy it" exposes USTR's lies on fast track trade promotion authority
edit on 16-5-2015 by Daedal because: edit

edit on 16-5-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I contacted my representatives about this, urging them to oppose it. (Corey Gardner - R, Michael Bennett - D, Jared Polis - D). From all three of them I received basically the same form letter, informing me that the TPP is good for American families and how they're fighting to make sure the TPP is implemented with our best interests in mind. I feel very frustrated knowing they are blatantly disregarding the will of their constituents, even condescendingly "correcting" my apparently foolish opposition to TPP. From what I gather, there's no stopping it. At least not through any traditional means. Congress truly has been bought and paid for.

new topics

top topics

join