It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

more plasma stuff

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

true but there is allot more then RADAR. if your leading edge was charged with plasma it might have a small glow to human eyes but in the UV spectrum it would be like a flying black light. unless of course the are able to use gasses that are carried by the craft to augment the plasma to have ideal UV emissions

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Other than fluidics to reduce radar and to simplify flight control surfaces who knows . I like the idea of UV light to dump quanta into the air around the craft turning it into an Ionized medium in which to create a low pressure corridor slightly ahead of the craft for more than just laminar flow drag reduction. Bassplyrs old lasers and ions shtick.

You know what I've always wondered? Can you emit UV light at just the right frequencies to phase out or mask IR signatures? SO you'd have a plane invisible to radar, to IR, and only visible in specific optical frequencies. That would be cool. If it could be done.

edit on 14-5-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

true but there is allot more then RADAR. if your leading edge was charged with plasma it might have a small glow to human eyes but in the UV spectrum it would be like a flying black light. unless of course the are able to use gasses that are carried by the craft to augment the plasma to have ideal UV emissions

Maybe, but UV is better absorbed by the atmosphere, which is why there are few UV-based ground telescopes.

Atmospheric absorption spectrum

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

so in theory once the aircraft is at height even if it's got a softly glowing leading edge it probably won't be visible from the ground?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

the detectors don't need to be on the ground. with all the inflatable surveillance platforms and long endurance drones i bet you could see it coming from quite the distance, 30000FT ALT cuts allot of the air scattering effects out i bet

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19345684]penroc3[/post

Although the distance would be longer even at 30,000 foot altitude than from the ground the light will still get scattered. I argue that with the Wichita bird if you are within that radius where the lights still visible you are probably pretty screwed anyways.

I still gotta wonder can you use UV to mask and hide your IR signature from ground based missiles and tracking systems?

Again with the Wichita bird I wouldn't worry about air born assault. She rolls deep with plenty of back up I would imagine.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Wichita has plenty of protection.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
You know what I've always wondered? Can you emit UV light at just the right frequencies to phase out or mask IR signatures?

wha-? If you overlaid them you could create a strange pseudo-modulated pseudo-signal.

I guess if you used really high frequency UV you could destructively interfere large portions of an IR wave out. That would leave you a with high frequency pulse of E/M emissions which might get absorbed in the atmosphere since it would be at the same frequency as the 'modulating' UV wave.

So, uh, maybe. cough
edit on 14-5-2015 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Kind of like sling loading a chopper without grounding...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: framedragged

Yo I be confused now. Say what ?

SO is that cough a hell no that wouldn't work or a Hell no that wouldn't work with a wink?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Protection?

(I'm sorry, I had to)
edit on 14-5-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Lol, it was more of a "this is a such an over the top brute force solution as to be silly" type cough. It wouldn't not work though, just not usefully lol.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: framedragged

Cool. Idea scratched. Thanks for the input.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

If you could generate your own IR waves to mirror the ones naturally produced, then you could phase it out for sure. I think that's probably gonna have some runaway heating issues though lol.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Wichita isn't what most think it is either.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Protection?

(I'm sorry, I had to)

PILOT: SWORD OF OMENS GIVE ME SIGHT BEYOND SIGHT

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I've heard people speculate it's the new sr-72. the new LRS-B, the Avenger, The companion, Some new tactical fighter, Some tanker, some cargo plane for SF troops.

I personally think it's something very different from all of the above.

Wonder if what I think is correct or not.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I told someone what it was once and got mocked for it. No one has been even close so far.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

SO it's not the new Air Force 1? But Zaph you said it was!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join