It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitsubishi MRJ US flight testing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Mitsubishi has released some more details on the US fight testing planned for the MRJ. First flight of the aircraft is scheduled for September or October. Afterwards certification will take place in the US.

There are five flight test articles built or being assembled. Testing locations will be Moses Lake, Washington, Gunnison Crested Butte Regional Airport in Colorado for high altitude operations tests, Roswell International Air Centre in New Mexico for runway tests, and Eglin AFB in Florida, where it will go into the climate hangar for environmental testing.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sleek looking little plane. When she comes to Seattle and Moses I'll get some sweet pics and HD video of her flying.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

They're having an interesting problem. US airlines have signed an agreement that regional airline pilots can only fly aircraft up to a certain size. The MRJ is over that limit, but so far most of the US sales are to regional airlines.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

That's a Sweet looking plane. Without knowing it's flight characteristics, it just looks mmmmmmmm.

Is this plane going to be bought by American Airlines? Are they the only company that has some size agreement on regional craft?

Edit: you said US Airlines not American Airlines.. Hmm... Sounds like an issue.. Guess they will modify that rule..
edit on 13-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I guess they are getting their orders in now with the anticipation that they can change the fine print in that agreement. It will be interesting to see what happens when those airlines are ready to take deliveries.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Right now, Trans States Holdings, which is over three airlines has 50 -90s firm and 50 options. Skywest has 100/100 and Eastern has 20 with 20 under an MOU.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I doubt that the regionals will take delivery of the MRJ90s. It seems likely that they will convert their orders to 70s, or lease the 90s to the majors. Major airlines are outsourcing less and less and their pilot contracts have made headway in scope issues within the last few years.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

I can see them switching them. The 70 would be a better fit IMO.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Hey who stretched a Gulfstream?

top topics

join