It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Post Privatization Coming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well, back at the beginning of March (5th) I made the statement (some might call it a prediction lol) that the Canadian Post Office was going to be up on the chopping block for privatization. I made that comment HERE. Mods move as necessary ;-)

Starting around 1975, the great migration of government assets began. Due to the changes in the structure of the creation of money, the movement to IMF management and away from Treasury, crown corporations started getting sold off and privatized in order to service the debt. I hear the Post Office is coming up next and a couple of years ago NM Rothschild bought a controlling interest in the AECB/AECL. Bell Canada was farmed out and sold off to India as well as investment funds like the Teachers Union Pension. Maurice Strong (PowerCorp) was instrumental in Ontario Hydro. Harpernista is now apparently even considering selling off Canadian fresh water in bulk to the US to appease the money power, which is patently illegal. It is interesting that, if I remember correctly, every prime minister has been prepped and groomed by PowerCorp which was Paul deMarais' group, now handled by his son's I believe and has always had ties to the Rothschilds and the Rockefellers (IMF/World Bank/BIS).

Well today what do I find in my mailbox but a "Save Your Public Post Office, Say No To Privatization" letter.

Pics or didn't happen, right?

So what we have here is the canadian government selling off another one of our assets to the benefit of private corporations and international bankers. This is another nail in our collective coffin that will result in higher taxes and of course higher snail mail charges while reducing the income of canada post employees, or at least forcing pay stagnation. I don't work for the post office, but I do see this as part of the great harpernista sell-off to his corporate master's benefit. Personally I think he should be charged with treason and I know a lot of people think that way, maybe it will take an infectious "french style revolution" to get these parasites out of office.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/12.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Normally, I am sturdy as oak against any government sell off. The catch phrase - "The government cannot run a business" has been systematically engrained in us as was "There are only 2 sure things in life, death and taxes".

That being said however, What are we going to do with Canada Post other than subsidize the *snip* of them? We cut their throats when we allowed private competition. That ship has sailed. All that is left is an Icon and and a symbol of our heritage so lets subsidize THAT. Let them keep all government mail and from now on I want it on horseback

edit on 12-5-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Normally, I am sturdy as oak against any government sell off. The catch phrase - "The government cannot run a business" has been systematically engrained in us as was "There are only 2 sure things in life, death and taxes".

That being said however, What are we going to do with Canada Post other than subsidize the *snip* of them? We cut their throats when we allowed private competition. That ship has sailed. All that is left is an Icon and and a symbol of our heritage so lets subsidize THAT. Let them keep all government mail and from now on I want it on horseback

The problem is that the government allows the competition and then says it's not their fault, but there can't be monopolies, that would be illegal. Well, the government is a monopoly, I want a different choice of legislation provider. The IMF provides monetary policy and lending to the government through the bank of Canada (another monopoly), well, I want a different currency provider. The government breaks their own rules all the time, they don't even pretend to represent what the people want anymore. This Canada Post situation may be another one in a long list of government screw-ups.

Like I said in another post, the total Canadian debt pre 75 was 16 billion, post 75 it quickly grew to 600 billion and today it's between 800 billion and 1.2 trillion. Privatization, starting with the Trudeau sale of the BOC to the IMF shareholder banks in 1975 is what kicked off the downward spiral. Selling off Bell, electrical and gas utilities just made it worse. The government used to be able to steal less tax because the crown corporations were funneling profits directly to the government, rather than private investors/bankers pockets. Of course having treasury control the BOC from 1933 to 1974 also made it so we didn't have the extra IMF interest debt which has grown ridiculously. If PE Trudeau wasn't dead, I'd say hang him for treason, but seriously the lot of these scumbag politicians should be charged and tried, starting with harpernista. Oh wait, they changed the law on bringing treason charges giving it a statute limit of 3 years, f'ing wankers.

And you have to wonder about the 2013 economic action plan that Flaherty rubber stamped, it has the bank bail-in clauses/depositor haircuts included. Not long after putting that turd in play, Flaherty retired. Now apparently he was writing a book, including a confession (when you screw 35 million people I guess that could wear on you) and then he died. Things that make you go hmmmmm?

The more the government privatizes assets, the more value we lose and the higher the taxes we'll end up paying.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I agree 100%. I think we should nationalize all banks and utilities. Their profits alone would out us in surplus and demand no tax. I just don't think there are any profits to be had at Canada Post for much longer. It's assets might only be worth something to those that will carry on.

Yah, Flaherty retiring like that was pretty damn strange. Dying a week later was surreal. I have a hard time believing Harper had the balls or the channels to make something like that happen but there is something definitely wrong there.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I’m not reading the above threads because I'm busy at the moment, but please don't privatize. Japan privatized its postal and rail systems. First thing inacted politically, they can't be sued for than x amount of yen. Pretty cool, isn't.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

In one sense it's better if they do .CP went through a management and operational change back around that date of 1975 you mention if my memory serves me . I had a contract at the time hauling mail to PEI . At the time they started doing little changes that everyone recognized as being just dum . FedX and other couriers were just starting to appear on the scene but couldn't compete with prices .

The whole transportation Ind. was going through a shaking and CN at the time dominated the freight aspect but there was lots of small trucking companies . It changed and CN freight fell apart and the trucking industry exploded . I think it was all about sub-sties .

Today I am guessing that there is a real piece of nastyness inside the TTP that will tie all this together .I had read that if a foreign investor is protected against any possible losses stemming from laws and their is a private corporate court to make decisions on any and all disputes .

What if they decide to privatize our justice system ?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I agree with your opinion on CP being somewhat wasteful and non-competitive, the upper management made/makes some pretty stupid decisions. My take on that is they have been bought off or mandated for a long time and are deliberately running CP into the ground. If the bank of canada was nationalized however, that could use CP as a vehicle to "spend money into existence interest free" which would of course help keep the economy going. As well, if CP was being run using a semi-efficient business model, it would be profitable thereby contributing to to the tax base.

What I don't understand about our rather large colony in the north is, we have everything a nation needs to be fully self supporting. We can create any industry we want and we have resources that a lot of other nations need. We as a nation could divorce that inbred welfare family in the UK and become an actual country, totally autonomous and self sufficient. We could treat our citizens as shareholders and partners sharing in the value of Canada, rather than as debt slaves selling everything off to corrupt global interests. However, the PTB don't want new countries, they want global mergers. Our politicians are working against our best interests and that is a very plain and simple fact.

ETA: As far as Flaherty, I have no doubt that there is government (principle, shadow or international banking) involvement, whether it was a quick death or a slow poison. There are so many slo-kill compounds out there, some of which take as much as two years, there are some that just take a few hours and of course there are the immediates (7 to 30 seconds), delivery isn't that difficult. Sure people die of natural causes, but how convenient was this with Flaherty who could have spilled his guts in a book? It's like a key witness that will seal the fate of a murderer in a court case just ups and dies before the action can be heard. Governments kill people, whether it's quick on the battlefield or passenger planes, through a slow death by attrition or the death by a thousand cuts.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/13.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: the ETA

new topics

top topics

join