It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukip supporters are convinced Nigel Farage's defeat is a conspiracy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Nigel Farrage Odds on Favorite to win seat in South Thanet. truck stolen with 200000 postal votes. South Thanet expected time called 6am. Ballot Boxes goes missing for 6 half hours.

Also you can find some imformation of postal votes arriving on election day and been added to the count. as the count didnt start till so so late. hmmm

On that day you vote in two elections General and Council. But despite this failure Ukip gained overall control of Thanet council in the local election results on Friday - its first in the country.

Angry kippers have used the hashtag #Thanetrigged to accuse the establishment of all sorts of electoral shenanigans to get Nigel Farage out - citing the unusually long time for the votes to be counted and their success in the local elections as evidence.

Farage lost by 2,812 votes to the Conservative candidate Craig Macinklay despite the party gaining a 13 per cent vote share across the country.

I Live in South Thanet and everyone you spoke to was basicly voting UKIP. He was the only person in my eyes who could win.

IMO something has gone on somewere.. Links below

uk ip-supporters-are-convinced-nigel-farages-defeat-is-a-conspiracy
tens-of-thousands -of-ballot-papers-stolen-in-london-ahead-of-next-weeks-vote
thanet-rigged-south-north-gener al-election-nigel-farage

It has been documented that 72.000 ballots has disappeared
The is discrepancies between polls and results
There discrepancies between votes for council and for parliament
Votes disappeared for hours. What happened and why did the counting start late?
Who told Isabel Hardman that Farage had lost South Thanet before the counting had even started?

a bit more research is needed IMO. Ill leave that to you lot..

edit on 10-5-2015 by Things because: Edit

edit on 10-5-2015 by Things because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Probably was, it was almost one of the last results to come out.

He'll be back anyway, we need someone with a backbone in our government, otherwise we'll stay weak and get walked all over by Europe, who seem to think they can dictate to us.

They need us more than we need them, and they knew Farage knew that.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's funny how Ukip supporters tend to vote in areas with the least migrants. They seem frightened of invisible immigrants taking their jobs.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Things

Interesting, especially if it is true that the ballot box/es went 'missing' no matter how long for.
It makes no difference to the national position of course, and I live nowhere near Thanet so I can only wonder.
I am not naive enough to think there could not have been foul play, but equally I do not have enough information to draw a conclusion that there was.

As Daz said though, he'll be back. He did the honourable thing resigning straight away and has indicated that he may throw his hat into the ring at the upcoming UKIP leadership election. Good luck to him I say, although I will have no vote as I am a member of no political party.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Any handy map/graphics (or even in list form) showing stats to support your assertion?
Genuinely interested, just not the type who sucks up personal opinion if that is all it is based on.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This journalist thought the voters were unlikely to choose Farage;

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

So what, I could pull plenty of youtubes of journalists sharing opinion that politicians of all flavours were either likely or unlikely to win in their constituency.
Your youtube link suggests nothing other than the journalist in question hold such a view.
Trust MSM much? lol.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
This journalist thought the voters were unlikely to choose Farage;

UKIP complains over Have I Got News For You comments

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
P.S. A couple of days before the Newark by-election, I was sitting in a cafe, where a group of UKIP party workers were taking refreshment at the next table.
One of them was blaming the possiblilty of defeat on the fact that they had not been supplied with balloons, unlike their rivals. "The balloons attract the children, and then you can talk to the parents. If we lose this election..."
Is it possible that the organisation in Thanet was negligent in the same way?

edit on 10-5-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Here it is

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Could well be a failure in the campaign, and/or policies to attract votes. Could even be a conspiracy, I don't know, and neither do you.
But to have any issue with cynical campaigning tactics like balloons for kids is beyond me when all parties carry out the same. That's politics.
Perhaps the lack of balloons caused the failure for Farage to get elected? Was there no Poundland shop near them in Thanet? Lol.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

P.S. A couple of days before the Newark by-election, I was sitting in a cafe, where a group of UKIP party workers were taking refreshment at the next table.
One of them was blaming the possiblilty of defeat on the fact that they had not been supplied with balloons, unlike their rivals. "The balloons attract the children, and then you can talk to the parents. If we lose this election..."

Off topic. I grew up just outside Newark, I imagine UKIP do pretty well in the area?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Off topic. I grew up just outside Newark, I imagine UKIP do pretty well in the area?

The man standing outside their campaign office was not getting much encouragement from passers-by.
I wasn't involved myself. I was there on a day-trip and had forgotten that an election was on. But once a student of history, always a student of history, so I took mental notes.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Cheers for that, although there are many issues with the maps and their claims, this for a start...

The map simply shows the top 300 target seats based on the presence of these voters. The more Ukip-friendly the seat, the darker the purple.
Note that the bottom 350 seats simply don't appear on the list, because they are effectively unwinnable.
While interesting nonetheless, don't take everything you see in the MSM at face value.
Question everything I say, and missing out 350 'unwinnable' constituencies in such a comparative map is questionable at best.
edit on 10.5.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777 You know #all, this is what the goverment and the media want you to believe, in my town since the fishing industry was destroyed by EU quotas. All the jobs in the factory's that we need have slowly been taken by eastern europeans, come and visit Grimsby and ask anyone on the street, not just the lucky few who don't get it, but always seem to make the comments on the news.

edit on 10-5-2015 by rick2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

They had plenty of Balloons in the party and over 4 million Balloons voted for them. how many balloons does one need fur christ sake.
edit on 10-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Nope, 3,881,129 people to be precise.
2,426,693 more than voted the now toothless SNP who will lose every vote in the majority controlled Conservative Parliament lol.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Nope, 3,881,129 people to be precise.
2,426,693 more than voted the now toothless SNP who will lose every vote in the majority controlled Conservative Parliament lol.

Yeah so you've said about a dozen times..Change the Record Man.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'll change mine when you change yours...man

*Edit*
Quit yer whinging lol
edit on 10.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If you guys agree on anything political then I'll eat Paddy Asdowns hat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join