It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the internet bring an era of renewed feudalism and strong arm rule?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The strong arm rule of the middle ages has given way to a sophisticated system of lies deception propaganda and applied psychology. The internet contributes to unravel a lot of it. Right now questioning the status quo is seen as a fringe movement of young computer savvy people who give credence to alternative news sources. But as time passes on more people than not will not give credence to the mass media and will be more informed than the mature generation of today.

At some point the veil of deception that is being so intricately spun will become apparent to a majority and to varying degrees what lies behind it. Could that leave little recourse to the people in power to use a feudal strong arm rule in the future to maintain the status quo?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Merinda

I know what the world of information flow was like before the internet. Top down, one way, mass dissemination via TV newspapers and radio.

I hope we never return to the dark ages.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I think the illusion of freedom and choice is important in governing and controlling the masses by their own consent. Any "strong arm rule" will be rejected by the masses unless you either convince them it is necessary for their own good, or you weaken them to the point they have no recourse.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

We should all go out and by a short wave radio.
When they finally pull the plug on the Internet as we know it, we can resort to getting real info from fellow Ham radio users.
As long as you have a generator or some source of electricity, nothing can stop the flow of info from being shared worldwide.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

As long as you have a generator or some source of electricity, nothing can stop the flow of info from being shared worldwide.

except an emp

some genius needs to come up with an extremely cheap faraday cage to cover all electronics, so the people all over the world, can keep other nations, or even their own leaders, from bringing them into sudden and extreme deprivation. like car and house paint, for example, that when applied, protects all electronics inside. and we should demand our own communities, state and federal, faraday cage all the infrastructure for communications and energy. that they haven't done this nor are working towards this, suggests that they intend to do just that: black out.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Shortwave and other two-way communications is always a good idea, but consider a privately operated mesh-net. An ad hoc wireless WIFI LAN to connect anyone with in range into a long a chain of users. Even if it comes down to exchanging thumb drives, communications won't be stopped.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

An EMP is a good point, but a Faraday cage is extremely simple to make. A metal garden shed grounded to a metal rod buried into the actual ground is more than enough to protect a generator, or anything for that matter.

The potential damage of an EMP is over hyped though and is not the threat many make it out to be.

EMP Myths

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: undo

An EMP is a good point, but a Faraday cage is extremely simple to make. A metal garden shed grounded to a metal rod buried into the actual ground is more than enough to protect a generator, or anything for that matter.

The potential damage of an EMP is over hyped though and is not the threat many make it out to be.

EMP Myths

but we need somethign that will protect our entire homes/cars. like i said, a paint of some kind that produces a faraday field, and it has to be inexpensive so people everywhere can use it. in fact, would be best if we could just make it ourselves by adding the necessary ingredients from normal household materials, to regular house/car paint.
edit on 10-5-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I cannot give a definitive answer but it is definitely a possibility. I hope that it can usher in an age of education and responsibility that prevents us from descending back into fuedalism.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
it can usher in a global community. or will / could be a tool for such. how that possible global system would be is the big question. people see mass control as evil but how do you distribute fairly without some order. i think if it governed by an "elite" type government it could be pretty controlling. but then governed by fair morals and supported for the benefits I think it could be go ok.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
One negative aspect of the internet is that it gives people a false an inflated sense of self-importance. Anyone can build a website -- anyone can write a strong worded op-ed.

Additionally, people can also feast upon the media that suits their pre-existing morals and beliefs, isolating them and not exposing them to new ideas.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
its a form of escapism: maybe a little false. the harm is it makes life to easy; zombie and reliant. technology should be monitored not from being scared of change but for seeing that some change is not for the best.

not sure I would like to see a population surviving by being "hooked" up but rather contributing and enjoying nature.

very hard to stop the progress of good technology but stop the reliance and abuse on it.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well that went offtopic fast.

new topics

top topics

join