It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unofficial Result of the General Election™

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Follows the unofficial result of the General Election. This is for ENGLAND only and is a head-to-head between the two parties with the most total votes, being Conservative (27%) and Labour (20%). All constituencies claiming a majority are tallied up, with any below 50% being omitted.

Actual Seats : 525
Tories : 319 (60%)
Labour : 206 (40%)

Number of Majorities...
Tories : 175 (64%)
Labour : 100 (36%)

Average Majorities...
Tories : 55%
Labour : 58%

Highest Majority...
Tories : 65.9%
Labour : 81.3%

Total Votes...

Tories Majority...
Tories : 4,958,059
Labour : 1,564,211

Labour Majority...
Tories : 837,486
Labour : 2,549,385

Average Votes...

Tories Majority...
Tories : 28,331
Labour : 8,938

Labour Majority...
Tories : 8,375
Labour : 25,494

Outright Majorities...

Between first and second, an “outright majority” is where the difference is at least 50% of the total votes.

Labour...

Birkenhead
Birmingham Hodge Hill
Birmingham Ladywood
Bootle
Camberwell & Peckham
East Ham
Garston & Halewood
Hackney & Shoreditch
Knowsley
Liverpool Riverside
Liverpool Walton
Liverpool Wavertree
Liverpool West Derby
Manchester Gorton
Tottenham
Walthamstow
West Ham

Tories...

Esher & Walton
Hampshire N.East
Maidenhead
Windsor

CONCLUSION

Seemingly this would be an outright Tory victory. By the manner in which the system works, that is certainly true. However, when considering the “outright majorities“ there is a big difference; Labour have 17 (seventeen) and Tories 4 (four, which includes Theresa May's constituency). Now have a little think about where those places are... we're talking about metropolitan districts here, cities. Big #ing numbers. In other words...

I predict a riot.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I am not from Britain, so I have no idea what those numbers mean.

How about just total number of votes for each party.

Otherwise try and explain what all of those numbers mean.

Thanks.

P

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Number of Majorities...
Tories : 175 (64%)
Labour : 100 (36%)

I don't predict a riot.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

I think you misunderstand. While the Tories had a clear number of majorities, there is a very distinct demographic consideration here and that is the obvious fact that Birmingham and Liverpool overwhelmingly voted in favour of Labour, and Manchester leaned that way too. Other cities saw over 40% majority for Labour, with insignificant Tory votes. Now what do you think would happen if those places went on general strike?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

How about just total number of votes for each party.

That is precisely how the broken system works.

The current system is designed for a “two horse race”, or “first past the post”, but the reality is that some constituencies have multiple parties in real contention for a seat. What I have done is looked at the results from a different perspective, that is by accounting only for proper majorities; this narrows the result down to the top two parties, being Conservative and Labour. Where the parties achieve 50% based upon two ideas, that is overall votes and also the difference between first and second being greater than half of all votes, the true picture becomes apparent. Basically, the major conurbations were clearly in favour of Labour while the countryside was looking elsewhere.

edit on 8th May 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

Yeah mate it's screwed up,the overall majority of Britain may vote Labour but the Tories will get in as seats are based by constituencies so you could have a constituency of 5000 in some country village equals the vote of a constituency of 40 000 in some inner city wank pit.
Most people i talked to wanted to vote for UKIP .
And what's even more screwed up is they got 13% of the national vote more than the SNP and Libs combined but only got 1 seat and the SNP got 56.....madness.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Actually, I think the constituencies are relatively balanced so far as numbers go, normally ranging from 65-85,000. This means that some will be much larger by area than a dense suburb. Clearly though, the cities got shafted.

How 1.5m votes amounts to 56 seats, is beyond stupidity.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Maybe an explanation of the alternative would be good for those not up to speed with UK politics.

We had a referendum a few years ago to replace fptp with the AV system but was refused with a 67% no vote.

UK electoral referendum 2011

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio

I predict a riot.

Yeah, Me too...oh wait!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I dunno about the AV system, doesn't really make much sense at a glance. Truth is, we need a system which is fair and it's going to be extremely difficult creating that balance.

a reply to: Soloprotocol

And now look at the list of “outright majorities” for Labour and compare that to the hotspots during the riots.

edit on 9th May 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Shame this didn't get more responses.
Totally agree, we in the cities got shafted....big time.
TPTB already knew it, lol.
No more riots please!!!
They spend enough of our taxes on inner city regeneration/destruction.
We need the money for schools, hospitals & welfare.
Thanks for the analysis.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: supamoto

Wise words. I'm no advocate of civil disorder, but we know only too well what happened in 2011 and judging by these statistics it could very easily happen again. The government must take serious and immediate measures to narrow the hideous wealth gap.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: supamoto
Shame this didn't get more responses.
Totally agree, we in the cities got shafted....big time.
TPTB already knew it, lol.
No more riots please!!!
They spend enough of our taxes on inner city regeneration/destruction.
We need the money for schools, hospitals & welfare.
Thanks for the analysis.

They just chose to burn down the wrong buildings, instead of attacking their own working class communities they should have started in and around Westminster. Does Violence Work..? Sure as hell it does, just Look at Northern Ireland as an example, they literally get away with murder. We dont do deals with terrorists was the mantra...Really,?? explain the Good friday agreement then....seems to me the more violent you become the more they listen.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Fair enough they did target the wrong places
& I cant understand the mentally behind destroying your own streets/neighbourhood,
but it's always
us tax payers that foot the bills from these riots,
transport disruption & the other associated inconvienences.
What to do eh?

new topics

top topics

join