It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conservative UK Election Majority - Selfish and Greedy or What Else?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
To the surprise of many the UK conservatives have won the general election.
What will be the price that 60% of the population will pay for this outcome?
What will the cuts be and who will be affected?
Will those who voted Cameron back in regret it?
Personally I hope he now nails the blue wannabee voters! I think its a tragedy for ordinary working folk and those even less fortunate!!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

As I am sure I need not state with over much emphasis, and no doubt to a total lack of surprise on the part of those who have conversed with me before, I am absolutely appalled at the apparent result of yesterday's election. I am shocked also. Frankly, if tomorrow it was revealed that either a miscount, or a vast fraud had happened, then I would be significantly less shocked.

+9 more 
posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Why selfish and greedy? Typical pathetic response from bitter lefties when they don't get their own way. What you are basically saying is that if the election goes how you want, then great - well done everyone. But if you get a result you don't want, then the voting public are greedy and selfish?

Pure childish nonsense. I expect better on a forum like ATS.

And in point of fact, the same argument could be thrown back at Labour - they wanted to increase public debt again. In other words, selfish behaviour - indebt future generations for some "comfort" for those now. I am delighted Labour have been destroyed but i feel sorry for the Liberals.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Don't know why you two are shocked most knew the conservatives would win but perhaps not have a majority!

SNP,what an amazing outcome for them and Scotland

As for labour,glad to see they can't get power again considering the mess they left last time

UKIP got a lot of the vote and that hasn't carried forward in seats

Liberals,so tough for them

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

As I am sure I need not state with over much emphasis, and no doubt to a total lack of surprise on the part of those who have conversed with me before, I am absolutely appalled at the apparent result of yesterday's election. I am shocked also. Frankly, if tomorrow it was revealed that either a miscount, or a vast fraud had happened, then I would be significantly less shocked.
Me either!

I have been 40-50% tax payer for the last 20 years and have never voted blue because I believe that wealth should be more evenly distributed and people shouldn't have to go begging to food banks! I would have personally taxed the better off at 60% for 5 years because they have doubled their wealth in the last 5 years while so many have suffered and will continue to do so under these elitist parasites!

Oliver Cromwell needs to rise from the grave!!

+1 more 
posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Why selfish and greedy? Typical pathetic response from bitter lefties when they don't get their own way. What you are basically saying is that if the election goes how you want, then great - well done everyone. But if you get a result you don't want, then the voting public are greedy and selfish?

Pure childish nonsense. I expect better on a forum like ATS.

And in point of fact, the same argument could be thrown back at Labour - they wanted to increase public debt again. In other words, selfish behaviour - indebt future generations for some "comfort" for those now. I am delighted Labour have been destroyed but i feel sorry for the Liberals.
I not a bitter lefty! Im in the 40-50% tax bracket and have been so for the last 20 years! Many a letter after my name but im not f..king greedy or self-centred!

And on the point about debt. It was the banks that got us in the # in the first place. Oh and its ok for the the well off to double their wealth whilst the countries debt is doubled in the last 5 years. People like you make me sick. Selfish c..t!!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I believe you get the government you deserve. english people don't deserve nice things like an NHS and welfare
we deserve another 5 years of Cameron and the Conservatives

It shows how powerful fear is as a motivating factor
edit on 8-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Your certainly correct. The people who are least able to affect the national outcomes hold the most responsibility for those outcomes, as far as the THPTB see it.

Demonizing and reducing welfare for individuals so there is more welfare money available for the corporate sector is the norm throughout the industrialized world and it will continue by xyz left or right political party. The left and right parties in all two party systems are simply the two wings of the same bird-of-prey. They are both owned and controlled by the same people.

if you research how money is created, you will learn that money is created by a the act of a person signing a document such as an application for a loan. A dutch finance expert Frans Doorman once said "A simple statement by financial authorities should, in principle, be sufficient to create any amount of money.

Banks Lie, written by an Australian bloke who had his house taken by the bank: [email protected]

explains all the lies and deceptions by banks. be prepared for what you might learn.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
I would have personally taxed the better off at 60% for 5 years because they have doubled their wealth in the last 5 years while so many have suffered and will continue to do so under these elitist parasites!

I am not a supporter of "envy taxation", considering the top 1% earners (over £150K per year) contribute 30% of the tax take. I don't like it, but these people are already contributing vast sums to the country.

I think they have won an argument. It is this. You have to have a decent economy to pay for the public sector - they both go hand in hand. Labour never really "got it", thinking that they could just borrow endlessly to get a decent public sector. People have seen through this.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Have you actually checked out the figures on the tax rates for the top earners? There is a reason Labour didn't really go into it during the campaign - quite simply the figures back up Tory policy. The wealthiest create more tax revenue on the lower rates than they ever did on the higher bands.

This i realise is uncomfortable for many but it is why i simply don't trust Labour - they don't understand how the economy works (actually, it is one of many reasons why i don't trust Labour).

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I believe you get the government you deserve. english people don't deserve nice things like an NHS and welfare
we deserve another 5 years of Cameron and the Conservatives

It shows how powerful fear is as a motivating factor

What absolute clap trap. Again, can we actually have some honesty in the debate please?

The NHS has a higher public satisfaction figure than ever before, apart from once (according to all surveys). There are more doctors, nurses and midwives than ever and less useless management. NHS productivity is increasing 1.5% year on year. Privatisation accounts for only 10% of NHS funding. I could go on but i think the point is pretty clear - Labour basically lied there arses off about the state of the NHS.

link   
So 36% of UK voters voted Tory. 64% of UK voters didn't.

This is what I have a problem with. 3/4 of the voters of the UK didn't vote Tory yet they get in!

Mmmmm

Time for a change methinks.

link   
A sad day indeed. Although to be honest I'm not suprised. I'm looking out of the window and can see the row of cottages (2 left) where Keir Hardie was born. He would be turning in his grave at how right of centre labour has become. "Red Tories" as they are referred to up here !!!

The Tories will need to rehearse a new line of BS for every interview, remember this first sentece of almost every interview over the past 5 years "Due to the economic mess left by the previous administration.......". The Tories drew a line in the sand "vote for us don't spoil the recovery". Well OK Cameron/Osbourne let's see you BS your way over the next 5 years.

I feel sorry for the people who will suffer, the working poor, the largest recipients of welfare due to the obscenely distorted wages in this country. I find it UTTERLY OBSCENE that the sixth largest economy on this planet has people so poor they need to have food handouts at food banks.

Predition : the rich will double their wealth again over the next 5 years.

edit on 8/5/2015 by yorkshirelad because: spelling

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Fair play, i apologise. I am just up to my eyeballs already with the Left banging on about the nation is now ruined etc, etc just becuase they didn't get the result they want. It is simply pathetic.

As to tax, i actually like the tax system we have in the UK at present. At the same time, i wouldn't be opposed to Scandinavian levels of taxation - provided we end up with the same quality of services. I think we all know that wouln't happen.......

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hurky1
So 36% of UK voters voted Tory. 64% of UK voters didn't.

This is what I have a problem with. 3/4 of the voters of the UK didn't vote Tory yet they get in!

Mmmmm

Time for a change methinks.

No, thats a simple lack of understanding on your part i am afraid. 64% of the country didn't vote for anyone to have a majority. The party with the largest backing gets the opportunity to form the government. It's called democracy.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I want to know how it happened (I've been watching it all night).....the amount of hate for Cameron and the Tories in this country is at an all time high...who are the voters?!?!?

As for the SNP, I have a hard time swallowing just how many seats they won....I'm pleased for them, they might get a better deal now, but watching that sea of yellow flood the map was unreal.

Something fishy going on, and I don't mean Sturgeons or Salmons (yes, I am aware of the spelling, intentional)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Obviously my simple lack of understanding is lost on you. While the vast majority of voters did not vote Tory they still get in. Most of the voters and UK public did not want a Tory goverment yet we get one. This demorcacy really sucks for the vast majority don't you think?

What I am saying is there has to be a better system for the vast majority.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

No... I'm sorry, that is not democracy.

Democracy being applied to this situation, would see the sixty four percent of scattered votes, being the deciding ones, and no majority what so ever. What we have here is hegemony.

+2 more 
posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
As someone who is a mother of two children with disabilities whose family has been hit quite badly the last few years with cuts to child services, disability services and cuts to children's mental health services which had a devastating effect on my family....all I can say is that I wake up this morning feeling rather sick at the prospect of another 5 years of even more significant cuts to services.
I understand that as a nation we all need to make sacrifices and I accept that....but who is making the real sacrifice and at what cost?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Most people I know vote conservative I don't see anything wrong with the outcome,you saying the conservatives rigged the election? Sour grapes I'm afraid

All we had from labour was the normal class warfare and NHS lies

labour deserved their kicking but I do feel a bit sorry for liberals they made tough decisions in the government because of the mess left behind by Brown and Co

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join