It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well... I just voted.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Yes friends, today I fulfilled my civic responsibility by selecting the least pungent of a collective of utter turds. Since there was no candidate, and no party running in the elections, whose policies, attitudes, and origins are aligned with my own, I had to give my vote to parties and candidates who are for one reason or another, unlikely to ever see the halls of power, if only to try to prevent the major parties from gaining any traction.

I am rather angry that a hung parliament means that deals need doing, rather than meaning that until a majority government is elected, there will BE no parliament. That would be a good thing I think. Forcing the establishment to give the people candidates and parties which serve the interests of the people first, and their own members a distant, light years distant last, is the only way I can see things changing around here without bloodshed after all, and change there must surely be, if liberty, freedom, and equality not just of opportunity but of outcomes, is ever to be seen in my life time.

There is no box for that on the voting form however.

I would strongly advise that people do vote though. I never thought I would say this, but given the options before us at the moment, I believe it is vital to hamper, destabilise, and disrupt the power of Westminster, and the best way to do that is to find the most left leaning, or independent candidate in your area, and vote for them, and on the national scale, vote for anyone except those who currently possess seats in government or any MPs.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
yup pretty awful looking list of names on the ballot paper this year......

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Props to ya for voting. Even if who you voted for doesn't win, you did your duty.

Wish my fellow Americans would do the same.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I would strongly advise that people do vote though. I never thought I would say this, but given the options before us at the moment, I believe it is vital to hamper, destabilise, and disrupt the power of Westminster

Agreed , so I'm now off to do the deed to get the change of government we need ... Indeed.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I haven't voted yet but I will later but I hope everyone avoid the big 3 parties and votes for the more minor left/right parties. Parliament and elections need to be reformed and that is the only way.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I was so tempted to just write "VOTE PEDRO" across the paper.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

voting soon,and as usual it will no doubt give me a queasy feeling in my stomach when I look at the list of candidates and find that,once again there is no one who represents me.

Then I will do as you did,and choose the one who i find the least distasteful..

Why the hell do I bother?

One reason-my grandfathers fought the tyranny of the nazis to allow us folks the oportunity to vote.
I would feel like I was letting them down if I didn't vote.

So like you,I shall vote for the best polished turd in the bag of turds.
Sad state of affairs..

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Cheers TrueBrit.

I too voted here in my home state Michigan. We had a ballot proposal on increasing the sales tax to "fix the roads". However, in my opinion, it was just a play to get more money in the general fund and then shuffle it around in the shell game. 80% against it, although I noticed that most of the local ballots for school and road funding passed by about that same margin.

Can't say I follow your politics across the pond, but I find myself often voting independent as the major party choices are really no choice at all. I call this a "throw away vote", but if the majority did this a message would get through. Another "choice" is to vote out incumbents and vote down all new proposals to mix things up, throwing a wrench in the works so to speak.

Regardless I salute and support your efforts to get out and vote.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

It certainly is a sad state of affairs, and a sad affair of State!

Perhaps when the people come before the politics, then we will have some kind of peace with the way our nation is run. That will not come about as a result of this particular election cycle, but in order to get to a position where it MIGHT come about, we have to do our best to prevent a catastrophic mandate being given to the parliamentarians to do with what they will.

Good luck Britain. *crosses fingers*

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Traitor!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It's a bad deal all round for most of us. Unlike Russell Brand I withheld my vote and have done the same for about 28 years. The last coalition did not progress in any spectacular fashion and any similar arrangements will be lacklustre.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit*crosses fingers*

that will probably be more effective than your vote.
i haven't, don't and won't, but fair play to all who have, do and will.
i hope your (collective) faith in an endlessly corrupt and exponentially duplicitous system of 'choice' may be justified and the results go the way that you wish them to. but it's not for me.

edit on R2015th2015-05-07T09:37:36-05:0020150am1264 by RoScoLaz4 because: change word

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

What a coincidence, I went to the bathroom today too...AWESOME!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Good on you, I'm just back too. A big X for the SNP.
I'm hoping - really hoping - that they can shift the age-old balance of poshboy power in Westminster, and add a voice not just for the Scots but for those of the UK who don't want nuclear warheads, value free education and want to keep a national health service.
What happened? How can a nationalist party be providing the only real left-wing alternative in politics today? I'm excited about the results because I really think the SNP will take over 50 seats, but I'm also dreading the results. Cameron again? Miliband? Clegg?? (Urgh).

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It was a strange one or at least seemed a strange one.

All I got was a paper for the Constituency where I live... didn't they used to have more 'papers' to cross?

there are certain policies in each party that make sense... if one party was made up of each of those policies, I would vote for that one but such is the case...

Anways... if a certain party were to attain more votes than expected, I'm pretty sure it would e fixed so THAT party didn't get in.

I just hope 'Labour' don't get back in.
edit on CDTThu, 07 May 2015 11:02:59 -05000000003111x159x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yip, voted myself, as i forgot my glasses so i was kinda going by shapes of party logos...hope i hit the right one..
edit on 7-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I was so tempted to just write "VOTE PEDRO" across the paper.

Dont you mean, "VOTE PAEDO"...?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It might be that previous national elections have coincided with council elections, whereas this one did not in your area. I got two forms, one local council ballot paper, and the other for the general election itself.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I just voted for the nha the national health action party. I only found out the lady standing is a very good g.p from the next village. You'll never turn this constituency to labour so give a party who needs the votes some recognition

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

eww dude no....

Watch Napoleon Dynamite

its a pop-culture reference nothing to do with anything quite so vulgar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join