It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan V-22 deal approved by State Department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
A proposal by Japan to buy 17 V-22B aircraft and parts, worth up to $3B has been approved by the State Department.

Included in the deal are 17 airframes, 40 Rolls Royce AE1107C engines, 40 AN/AAQ-27 forward looking infrared radars, 40 AN/AAR-47 missile warning systems, 40 AN/APR-39 radar warning receivers, and 40 AN/ALE-47 counter-measure dispenser systems. Other systems such as IFF systems are included.

www.upi.com...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

hope they don't crash. Japan is really stepping up there military game i say good on them. N.Korea has a loud mouth and needs to be shut by some one.

did that come off harsh?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

The V-22 has a great record in recent years.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

thats shocking but I'm honestly glad to hear it. did i hear they will be putting forward facing weapons on the V-22 soon? other then the gun that is

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

They've tested it in the persistent CAS role, and have fired Hellfires and other missiles from it.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

i think id rather have a A-10 and a few drones or even a few A-10 and a F-16 or two. if your feeling JDAM'y a B-1/52 but thats not really CAS just total domination.

ill never forget the first time i heard a A-10 those engines are something crazy.

Hellfire has that enhanced blast warhead or what ever there calling it, basically DIME but i think with some thermoberic effects. nasty little buggers

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

side note, i have pics of F-117's and a-10's and a iPhone. whats the best way to take a picture of a picture

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
v-22 minigun test

And here's a rocket test

I've always wonder why the military never came up with a wasp tail like machine gun.

something like this can be added to the osprey on either side of the craft. Maybe not so big of course. but you get the idea.
then when not in use it can fold back.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In these situations, are these being purchased directly from the manufacturer, or does the US military pay for them, then sell them on to Japan?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackTiger

It goes through the Foreign Military Sales office, which is why State had to approve it. Under FMS money can come from either the US or the receiving country, but it's a government to government sale, which keeps excess costs down.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

hope they don't crash. Japan is really stepping up there military game i say good on them. N.Korea has a loud mouth and needs to be shut by some one.

did that come off harsh?

Its most likely China not north Korea they are worried about.

Imperial Japan raped and pillaged China in WW2 like the vikings of old without mercy.

Except the vikings came and went in a day or 2.

The Japanese stayed for years......

China has not forgotten, they want revenge.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Plus China wants control of everything in the region.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Can see Japan becoming a new Israel..Dont forget poor Taiwan as well..

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I for one haven't forgotten about them. I have contingency plans for getting family out in case SHTF.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Will be interesting to see what kind of AVCAL package Japan buys for these birds. Wonder what kind of support Bell-Boeing promises Japan with the bandwidth they do have.

Makes sense that Japan would want these though. It is an unparalleled troop transport in the Pacific region when you realize that all the Pacific really is is a bunch of extended island chains. It has really stood out the last few years in the Pacific as well when it comes to humanitarian disaster relief (Nepal/Philippines).

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
to whomever was missing their A-10 comfort,
think of this Osprey as the overachiever child of a
AC 130 Gunship and an A-10 Warthog.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Ummm, unlikely.

Japan is their third largest trading partner, with something on the order of 300 plus billion dollars worth of business. They're not about to risk that.

Not even for the Spratly Islands.

North Korea is Japans major worry. Though, I'm sure there are some plans with China's name on 'em...

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
to whomever was missing their A-10 comfort,
think of this Osprey as the overachiever child of a
AC 130 Gunship and an A-10 Warthog.

Except without the Titanium

new topics

top topics

join