It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd in the sky this morning...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: htapath

Fun times, eh?

This line has stuck with me since I read it, and caused me to have some thoughts about this.

Yes, "fun times" I admit, I am for the most part here for interactive entertainment. I love conspiracy theories, speculative discussions, politics, news, terrorism, and just about all of the content here on ATS. It is always entertaing. Or it was at least until this happened, when I was on the other side looking in on threads like this.

It is anything but fun or entertaining when something like this happens to you, It's more like the stuff nightmares are made of, but its all too real. Left trying to find an explanation, answers that aren't available. Taking pictures over and over trying to see if there is a triangle in them like in the original I posted here. Losing sleep, questioning my own sanity, no really, not fun, quite the opposite.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to remove the fun times, and replace it with strange times for quite a while after this one.

I understand your position. I had my first missing time experience when I was in my early teens. There was an object hovering in the sky when it happened.

I'm pushing 50 years old now, and I've seen so much weirdness that not much surprises me now.

Let me put it this way. I certainly believe you.

Whether it's fun times or weird timelines, there as many perspectives as there are people. Your adjectives may vary.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

a reply to: 321equinox

I've tried to duplicate the triangle and can't, but I'm still not convinced its real. How much do you know about cameras? Is it possible for lense glass scratches to have caused this? I had to get a magnifying glass and under a bright lamp examine the lense cover glass on this camera, but you can see little scratches in the glass. While looking inside I never realized how tiny the actual eye of this camera is. Very small compared to the circular glass over it.

This one was taken yesterday... Cloudy and light rain.

Can you run this image through the filter used on the original? Please, if you have time.

Even though PublicOpinion was kind enough to step in and do it, I went ahead and did the same thing I did on the other photo, adjusting the black and white points, using the Fix tool in Windows Live Photo Gallery. The B/W outer edges and more colorful central area seen in the cloud photo are not happening with this photo. And although there is a soft triangular area in this photo, enhancing the contrast didn't create a hard edge similar to how the first photo you posted looked.

I don't know a lot about cameras, but I don't see an signs of scratches in either picture. If the lens had been foggy or dirty around the perimeter, maybe that could account for the clouds looking less defined on the outer edges. But I dont know what would cause those areas to be without color, only in that one photo.

When I saw the photo in the OP, the triangle jumped right out at me. I only enhanced it, because it seemed no one else had noticed it.

Had it rained previous to the cloud formation, possibly overnight? Do you remember what the temp was at the time? Roughly?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Thank you for your thoughts, efforts and analysis, and your contributions to this thread. To answer your question the temp was in the low 70s, I think, at the time, not cool, that is why I was outside, it was a beautiful spring Sunday morning.

There are no good answers, or explanations for something like this. I thought sharing the experience would somehow make it easier to deal with, actually was hoping for the ATS members to explain it away for me, and some did, then someone pointed out a triangle.

I'm personally convinced on what it was, and now am trying to deal with the why. The timing, over my house, etc. There was more weirdness last night... Rather than trying to go deeper into the rabbit hole here, for me I think getting away from it would be best for now. Tomorrow or over the weekend I'm going to get back on the road and take a long trip, maybe a thousand miles or more will help?

I know it sounds like running, I'm not. Just getting back to life and normalcy while I can, because I'm certain what is coming later on, isn't going to be good.

Thanks again, thank you all.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 321equinox

Ok. Now when you do that, I do see a definitive triangle. Holy crap.

If that triangle covers as much of the sky as I think it does, then I am going to rethink my earlier speculation on secret government toys. If it is the outline of a ship, then it is definitely not ours. We currently do not possess an energy source that can get an object measured in possible MILES off the ground, let alone several thousand feet in the air. If it is not some sort of ship, then I guess the possibilities get a lot wider, and maybe weirder.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

You're welcome and again, thank you for sharing your story.

I understand your need for normalcy. And when it comes right down to it, some things cant be explained by our limited knowledge. Just focus on the fact that you came through this sighting physically unharmed, with all time accounted for. You got to see something unexplained while wide awake, in broad daylight, which is rare.

I had a sighting of my own 23 years ago with a group. We were skywatching, and after many failed attempts, finally got to see something. In many ways, it seemed like a performance, just for us to see. It ended with a foggy haze of cloud cover coming up from the horizon on all sides and moving overhead until nothing was left of clear sky but a hole straight above - like a curtain had closed. The show was over, so we went home. Until then, I was not a 100% believer.

My point, if it was something otherworldly, is that sometimes I think they just want to be seen. Our own Powers That Be have been gradually allowing this type of subject matter into mainstream media over the last few decades to get us so used to the idea, that it becomes mundane. Before 1992, UFO related topics on tv were very few and far between. Look at it now! Now, most people believe in UFOs, (I hate the term "believe in" here) or at least the possibility. If our own Govt wants us to get acclimated to the idea, then its likely they, whoever "they" are, feel the same.

But for now, lets just call it a freaky cloud formation with some geometric pareidolia thrown in.

Have a save and enjoyable trip ausername!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I know it sounds like running, I'm not. Just getting back to life and normalcy while I can, because I'm certain what is coming later on, isn't going to be good.

Welcome to the new normal!
You have been blessed with an experience not everybody could be able to comprehend. I would consider this a gift, maybe even a merit.

Enjoy the ride and stay frosty!

edit on 7-5-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Welcome to the new normal!
You have been blessed with an experience not everybody could be able to comprehend. I would consider this a gift, maybe even a merit.

Enjoy the ride and stay frosty!

I couldn't have said it any better. Removing fear from the equation opens up unlimited possibilities.

It is what it is, and words sometimes cannot adequately convey a given situation.

Just know that you aren't alone OP. I wish you luck with your efforts at normalcy!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A purple plasma will start to form in air around super strong magnetic fields. It was also the idea behind the Philadelphia experiment. The plan was to shroud the ship with a super strong magnetic field to see if the visible light spectrum would bend around it. Observers of the event witnessed fog appear and then a glowing field of purple light through the fog before the ship was engulfed and disappeared. (only to later, be denied by the government, regardless of the fact there were hundreds if not thousands of on lookers)

Then we have the Nazi Bell. It was said to be mercury filled and had rotating rings within it that were super charged and created very strong magnetic fields. It was reported that it would glow purple before levitating off the ground.

I think what we have here might be the final product of those experimentation's.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Over a week's distance from this now, and it still feels like it happened yesterday. While I've forever filed this one away in the WTF file, I can't seem to stop looking at it over and over again and trying to still find a way to explain it.

Think I'll go gamble and play some slots now... Just because I'm here and still can.

See ya

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
just a hunch... but a lot of strangeness is happening,

just something to ponder... havnt seen this on ats yet but it seems to have started 2 weeks ago,
and today again... a floating city.... might it interact unseen with our world?

www.inquisitr.com...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Nice picture even though I cant see anything.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Thank you for your thoughts, efforts and analysis, and your contributions to this thread. To answer your question the temp was in the low 70s, I think, at the time, not cool, that is why I was outside, it was a beautiful spring Sunday morning.

There are no good answers, or explanations for something like this. I thought sharing the experience would somehow make it easier to deal with, actually was hoping for the ATS members to explain it away for me, and some did, then someone pointed out a triangle.

I'm personally convinced on what it was, and now am trying to deal with the why. The timing, over my house, etc. There was more weirdness last night... Rather than trying to go deeper into the rabbit hole here, for me I think getting away from it would be best for now. Tomorrow or over the weekend I'm going to get back on the road and take a long trip, maybe a thousand miles or more will help?

Thanks again, thank you all.

I like this post because although it's very cryptic, it's also very honest. If you ever feel the need to explain the details on what you believe this anomaly was, why you believe it and what happened to you prior that has you very fearful of it, I think everyone on here would be very interested in discussing it with you.

Sometimes talking about things you fear the most is the best therapy. At the very least, it couldn't hurt.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Sorry I missed your post. I've been away for a while. I've moved on from this. Some things are better left alone.

Really, I'm over it. It was perhaps the strangest thing I've witnessed in my life, but what can I do with that?

I'm not afraid. No point in being afraid of what you can neither explain nor control.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Sorry it has taken me so long to see this reply.

Have you seen anything since that borders on strange? I will expand only if my comment held any weight since that day.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

The short answer is yes. No need to expand now.

It all makes perfect sense now. In a way, I wish I had kept this to myself. But once done, can't be undone.

Confusion and panic are odd motivators.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I'm still curious and would love to hear of your more recent experiences. PM me if you dont want to continue the discussion in your thread.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

I'm still curious and would love to hear of your more recent experiences. PM me if you dont want to continue the discussion in your thread.

Sorry, can't do that, here, in private, or any way, anywhere, ever.

It's just something I can't do.

Or if you need an alternative, it is something I won't do.

I can't expect you to understand without an explanation as to why not.

As I said, I wish I had never started this thread in the first place, but I did, can't undo that. I'm okay with people thinking this was a misinterpretation of a completely natural weather related event on my part. And would rather just leave it that way.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

All good. I respect that decision.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Gov or ETs?

<< 3  4  5   >>

join