It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S-300 killers and mission trucks.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

E-Bombs

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

ahh good read thank you for that link, i don't know why i didn't think of searching for 'E-bomb" I'm sure i would have come up with ALL sorts of interesting links, not for what i was looking for but interesting none the less. It seems that the bombs use plasma to make a magnetic field, i wonder if a powerful enough laser or partial weapon would induce a EMP shock wave

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

ahh good read thank you for that link, i don't know why i didn't think of searching for 'E-bomb" I'm sure i would have come up with ALL sorts of interesting links, not for what i was looking for but interesting none the less. It seems that the bombs use plasma to make a magnetic field, i wonder if a powerful enough laser or partial weapon would induce a EMP shock wave

The advantage of putting these in the mark 82 is the act of intercepting it can set it off. So the target is doubly screwed.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

CHAMP

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Russian device you remember but probably not the one that does what you're talking about

So this is the item you described however it's not the item you're wanting to know about, that would be EMP device able to be used as a SAM warhead. Those devices belong to a class known as pulsed power generators. The Russians are known for their expertise in them, but there's now an American device of this type in some stage of testing that attaches to an M16/M4 like a suppressor or blank firing adapter and uses standard blank rounds to generate disruption to enemy equipment. What I've read even indicates it's pretty directional.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: haman10

I wouldn't put much stock in the T-50. It's over budget and under performing. Russia has cut the initial buy to 12, India has cut their buy and is unhappy with the aircraft as it stands. There are rumors they may cut it completely.

This is Indias Version of the PAK FA.

Here is a different Version of the twin seater.

According to what i read they are not scraping the PAK FA Project. But just put up 25 billion into it.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

They've already killed all of the two seat versions of it. They cut the total order down, and all the 2 seat versions were in the cut. The big reason they're going ahead with the T-50 right now is because of France and the Rafale deal. Dassault has stalled so long that they've frustrated India, so they're in final negotiations to go ahead with the T-50. They're going to end up in the same boat with the T-50 though, with the delays that the program has hit.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I'll bet Lockeed is doing some schmoozing in New Delhi right about now.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I bet both Lockheed and Boeing both are. Boeing would love to sell some F-15s to India I'm sure.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Having bad blood with the empire I doubt the Typhoon even got a look in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join